What will be your first mod?

bairdy380

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 Dual Cab
Mate, you have clearly never been in an aussie supermarket carpark... tight fit if your in a suzuki jimney!.... I'm doing the Austin powers 50 pt shuffle to get the hilux in and out of most parks.... sure as sh!t camera or sensors are needed on a dc ute....
Sponsored

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
haha.. brodozer. I had to look that up. I'm assuming we are talking about the Tapout t-shirts and big lift definition. It also doesn't mention jeeps, just Fords and Chevys.

Capture.JPG
It's a little unfair to the Chevy guys, they have to lift the axles out of those square wheel wells to put even moderately bigger tires on. Glad we won't have to do that.

I think Jeepers in general get a bit of a break because most follow the function over form approach. They may accessorize a lot, but generally most of it actually serves a purpose. Can't get yourself out without a winch, can't not tear up body panels in rough spots without rock rails, etc. There's something they want to do that the mod allows or improves.

There are exceptions of course...

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
Light ceramic window tint, roof insulation, three piece hard bed cover, and hitch defense/step.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
It's a little unfair to the Chevy guys, they have to lift the axles out of those square wheel wells to put even moderately bigger tires on. Glad we won't have to do that.

I think Jeepers in general get a bit of a break because most follow the function over form approach. They may accessorize a lot, but generally most of it actually serves a purpose. Can't get yourself out without a winch, can't not tear up body panels in rough spots without rock rails, etc. There's something they want to do that the mod allows or improves.

There are exceptions of course...
My point was that stuff like "durrrr, chicks can't drive" shoves our community towards those stereotypes. Jeeping is and can continue be a welcoming community, or we can let it turn into a cesspool. I don't know if y'all have noticed, but there's a pretty significant difference in the number of women on this forum and @JAY's other forum, and I'd hate for the JT crowd to start getting the reputation as the dicks of the Jeep community.

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
First mod will be the wheels and 35’s coming off my JK. Shortly thereafter, rock sliders and a soft-topper. Depending on what I find out about the Katzkin seats, might add those, or order some Bartact seat covers.

Sponsored

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
Mate, you have clearly never been in an aussie supermarket carpark... tight fit if your in a suzuki jimney!.... I'm doing the Austin powers 50 pt shuffle to get the hilux in and out of most parks.... sure as sh!t camera or sensors are needed on a dc ute....
Lucky to live in Murica, our supermarkets have extra wide parking spots for our fat Murican trucks to park in and our fat Murican asses to squeeze between.
image.jpg
download (9).jpeg
Our great parking skillz help too (see examples above)

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,
fog/driving lights and a hard-shell secure bed cover...

Oh, and also extra fuel filter set-up as I'm getting the diesel

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
My point was that stuff like "durrrr, chicks can't drive" shoves our community towards those stereotypes. Jeeping is and can continue be a welcoming community, or we can let it turn into a cesspool. I don't know if y'all have noticed, but there's a pretty significant difference in the number of women on this forum and @JAY's other forum, and I'd hate for the JT crowd to start getting the reputation as the dicks of the Jeep community.
i think the only woman I know posted on here was Cassie from Bestop, i guess some of you guys could be gals. I'd like more diversity, but you dudes are alright.

BTW, my wife has MAD parallel parking skills. Use to live in Chicago by Wrigley and had to park her 189.2" Camry on the road every day. She puts this small town boy to shame. :blush:

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
i think the only woman I know posted on here was Cassie from Bestop,
Yup, and meanwhile there are plenty of funny and intelligent women contributing ‘over the wall’ on the other side.

Now it may be that the very nature of a Jeep pickup will just never attract as diverse a crowd as the Wrangler, but I’d rather know it’s not our behavior that keeps them away.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
What has welcomed me to the forum as a newer person is that most here are married, working, and knowledgeable previous Jeep owners who are early into the JT 2020 after decades of interest and support. If anything, I'd hope we would have earned respect of Jeepers. I know I have a great deal of respect for people who have been on here for years, such as you have been. If we keep it clean, keep it honest, and keep it plywood, let's hope everyone feels welcome.

If it's more than that, I hope my being a huge prick to Jeep about overpricing, and priceless rollout, and superfluous tech is not misunderstood... I am for sensible pricing, and I am against overpricing, and against a driveable computer, and for a two door. If that's not welcome, lemme know to show myself out...

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
What has welcomed me to the forum as a newer person is that most here are married, working, and knowledgeable previous Jeep owners who are early into the JT 2020 after decades of interest and support. If anything, I'd hope we would have earned respect of Jeepers. I know I have a great deal of respect for people who have been on here for years, such as you have been. If we keep it clean, keep it honest, and keep it plywood, let's hope everyone feels welcome.

If it's more than that, I hope my being a huge prick to Jeep about overpricing, and priceless rollout, and superfluous tech is not misunderstood... I am for sensible pricing, and I am against overpricing, and against a driveable computer, and for a two door. If that's not welcome, lemme know to show myself out...
Holy Shit, Arizona, you've only been on here since December of 2018? Feel like we've been conversing for a lot longer.

I have never owned a Jeep. Went mudding in a Sheep once. Not sure if others call them that, but my buddy had a half ton Chevy with a jeep cherokee body on it with 42 or 44" mudding tires. It was redneck and uncomfortable, but hella fun.

So for me, I don't bring anything Jeep to the crowd, but everybody has their own set of skills, like plywood cutting. With my new tracksaw and parallel guides, i'm SET to rip and crosscut some ply this summer!

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Holy Shit, Arizona, you've only been on here since December of 2018? Feel like we've been conversing for a lot longer.

I have never owned a Jeep. Went mudding in a Sheep once. Not sure if others call them that, but my buddy had a half ton Chevy with a jeep cherokee body on it with 42 or 44" mudding tires. It was redneck and uncomfortable, but hella fun.

So for me, I don't bring anything Jeep to the crowd, but everybody has their own set of skills, like plywood cutting. With my new tracksaw and parallel guides, i'm SET to rip and crosscut some ply this summer!
Yeah but you accidentally revealed true jeep skills in some pics of your ranch, so it's all good. We need to hang out when either you tour Az or I tour WI in some new JT's. unless I go resto. Or get kicked off the JT forum. Lol

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah but you accidentally revealed true jeep skills in some pics of your ranch, so it's all good. We need to hang out when either you tour Az or I tour WI in some new JT's. unless I go resto. Or get kicked off the JT forum. Lol
Well if i'm going to AZ i'll hit you up. Wouldn't mind cruising in a resto Gladiator. Did you verify their plywoodability?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you seen the JTops shades? The fit looks great, and you can still lower the windshield. My only question is if it works with a hardtop w/ headliner. Hopefully they have something for the JT. Their JL one was the first sunshade released IIRC, but I believe that's because the owner bought a JL. Caveat: they're more expensive that Alien, SpiderwebShade, etc.

https://www.jtopsusa.com/shop-online/Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Tops-&-Accessories-c31260353

I was reading about those yesterday. There's an extended review on Expedition Portal. Really cool. Apparently they're pretty easy to remove too.
Looks like the alien one has some gaps and the jtopsusa one goes all the way to the edge of the rollbar.

Jeep needs a TRI-Top option now.
Sponsored