• Total voters

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
It's the other issues I'm concerned about. Posts I've read about power locks not working on one or all the doors, radio staying on even after the rig is off, dome light staying on or not turning on at all. Or the posts I've read where someone has to spend time to carefully bend pins back into place after putting their doors back in so rather than a nice quick plug-n-play, it's 15-30 minutes trouble shooting a connector and seeing what pin goes to what function, just another headache I can do without.
Believe me I understand the freedom and fun of going doorless/topless. My YJ has provided me years of that joy and still does but I also realize it is kinda sad to have this awesome Gladiator and not go doorless, though I can still enjoy the topless option.
One of these days though I'll just have to roll that hard six.
My doors have been off for so long, I forgot that they did that even controlled that, lol. Im just hopeful for the day when somethign like core doors comes out and I never need to use that connector again.

It does surprise me though with dual doors now being an option that connector has to be getting used more "officially" Wonder if the 2022s will have some kind of design update.
Sponsored

Deleted member 43264

My doors have been off for so long, I forgot that they did that even controlled that, lol. Im just hopeful for the day when somethign like core doors comes out and I never need to use that connector again.

It does surprise me though with dual doors now being an option that connector has to be getting used more "officially" Wonder if the 2022s will have some kind of design update.
You'd think so, but if not, there'll probably be more door issues on the horizon for the '22's . I know that the door/connector issues are a minority at the moment, but another MY of this would just compound the issue.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
You'd think so, but if not, there'll probably be more door issues on the horizon for the '22's . I know that the door/connector issues are a minority at the moment, but another MY of this would just compound the issue.
True, it will be intersting to see how the dealers respond now that there is actually an OEM supported way of using the connector. They can claim user error or whatever when removing, but when you sell changable doors the case becomes harder.

bcurtman

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 1988 Jeep Wrangler with 4BT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Insurance Agent
Hit upper 80's here in Missouri this weekend, so...

I am almost speechless to hear guys complain about the weight of the doors....apparently they've never had hold of early 80's CJ full doors. And if you can't unplug a plug and plug it back in without bending the pins, or having the ability to fix it if you do, maybe you should reconsider owning a jeep to begin with.

naked3.jpg

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
Hit upper 80's here in Missouri this weekend, so...

I am almost speechless to hear guys complain about the weight of the doors....apparently they've never had hold of early 80's CJ full doors. And if you can't unplug a plug and plug it back in without bending the pins, or having the ability to fix it if you do, maybe you should reconsider owning a jeep to begin with.

Jeep Gladiator When do you have your doors on/off? naked3
I don't get it either. I have taken the doors off a JK once, then did the JT ones and was like holy crap are these things light.

Sponsored

redfish

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT
Occupation
Strategic Account Executive
Mine come off all the time. I have a sport so not many connections in the plug, in fact i don't even plug them back in anymore. Have a pvc door holder that fits in bed so when traveling and get to destination off they come. Once I get a rain gear cover it maybe a long while before they go on.

riplipper

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Live in Fl,
Took mine off the day it came home and they will hang in the garage for the next 15 years or so. Gets cool in Jan and Feb so a sweatshirt will do. But I will still stay barefoot since this jeep has a heater that works.
Rain gear cover is my friend.

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
Mine come off all the time. I have a sport so not many connections in the plug, in fact i don't even plug them back in anymore. Have a pvc door holder that fits in bed so when traveling and get to destination off they come. Once I get a rain gear cover it maybe a long while before they go on.
Live in Fl,
Took mine off the day it came home and they will hang in the garage for the next 15 years or so. Gets cool in Jan and Feb so a sweatshirt will do. But I will still stay barefoot since this jeep has a heater that works.
Rain gear cover is my friend.
Mine just came!
Jeep Gladiator When do you have your doors on/off? B839EE0A-A673-4A8B-9370-CBCB57977561

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
I've never taken my doors off and I don't plan on doing it.

To each their own.

Dan in Pasadena

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Mine are on all the time but I don't agree with your poll statement. I don't leave them on for the safety and I don't think taking them off would make me or my truck any more "cool". I just like the lack of noise.

Yeah, I suppose it's safer but that's not really on my mind.

Sponsored

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Sad to say I have yet to take my doors off even once yet since owning my Jt for 4 months now roughly. I probably would have already since I bought it in summer and even now that's it's fall possibly still, but I haven't got myself door hangars yet. Keep putting them off. So I'll let that be my excuse for now lol.

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
Sad to say I have yet to take my doors off even once yet since owning my Jt for 4 months now roughly. I probably would have already since I bought it in summer and even now that's it's fall possibly still, but I haven't got myself door hangars yet. Keep putting them off. So I'll let that be my excuse for now lol.
I just got this off eBay for $150. Only took a couple days to get here:
Jeep Gladiator When do you have your doors on/off? 2287BAD4-CAA4-43D7-A2A7-A2EC9761352C

OP
OP
MyRight

MyRight

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Freedom, 2003 Grand Cherokee Laredo
Mine are on all the time but I don't agree with your poll statement. I don't leave them on for the safety and I don't think taking them off would make me or my truck any more "cool". I just like the lack of noise.

Yeah, I suppose it's safer but that's not really on my mind.
I've updated the poll to accommodate your response.

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
I just got this off eBay for $150. Only took a couple days to get here:
2287BAD4-CAA4-43D7-A2A7-A2EC9761352C.jpeg
very nice I’ve seen those and even contemplated those types before. however although I do have a two car garage, extra space beyond parking is minimal since I have my workbench tool chest etc. so been trying to compromise space as much as I can do so I kind of wanted to go with the wall hanging Kind if and when I pull the trigger on some.

And I’m one of those people that actually uses their garage for parking and not storage and we have 2 vehicles.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Your poll is deeply flawed since you are providing commentary in the responses, which are all very specific. Now that you've added a response, you'd need to restart the poll.

Just have, all of the time, most of the time, some of the time, never, type inputs. Then ask people to elaborate in the comments.

I don't take my doors off, because I don't feel the need to. I put more miles on my motorcycles than my Gladiator, that gives me the open air experience it seems people are chasing.

Your doors on responses are around safety, coolness and road noise. Neither of which are applicable.
Sponsored