When order a Rubi - what tires

rbryant76

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon
All-terrain or Mud terrain? Which are the preferred around here?

First jeep, and it would probably be 99% on the road.. I am thinking A/T as it appears the vehicle is even governed at 97mph when getting M/T?
Sponsored

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty sure it's governed at 97 regardless....but yeah, I'd say the A/T would be your best bet.

Graluc

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon
The Gladiator I bought had the mud tires. I also had a brand new set of takeoff JL Rubicon wheels with all-terrain tires. I ran both sets, the all-terrain are noticeably quieter and smoother.

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
All-terrain or Mud terrain? Which are the preferred around here?

First jeep, and it would probably be 99% on the road.. I am thinking A/T as it appears the vehicle is even governed at 97mph when getting M/T?
The question is "preferred for what?"

AT will give you longer tread life, smoother ride, quieter ride.

MT will give you shorter tread life, more grip on mud and rough terrain. Maybe even in snow (

It's not just about your needs/application, but also your wants.

If your priority is function and value, the AT is a sensible choice.
If you prefer an aggressive look and want a more truck-like feel and don't mind slightly noisier and shorter tread life, the MT is good. It will still perform well on pavement.

Also consider sipes vs. no sipes. If you're driving in snow, sipes can really help. I can't remember whether or not the Falken AT and/or MT have sipes.

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Both will likely do what you want unless you're mudding. I'd like to run M/T's - I like them BUT they are noisy (LOUD) and I get tired of the tire whine so no way for me

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Gladiator Rubicon Manual. It came off the lot with the upgraded rims and the Mud terrains. I have no problem with the Mud Terrains on the road. They are smooth and I do not hear any noise on the fwy. If you like them, do not be afraid to get them. They look great and are good on the road and great off-road.

Note: They might get louder when they get worn out.

NateKY

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sarge Green
Occupation
Department of the Army Civilian
I run these particular ATs on my F-150. They ain’t worth a crap in decent mud. Just don’t clean out well. Great in snow, ice, loose hard stuff, but mud is their Achilles heal.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I wonder what the difference in resale is if new? MT costs slightly more and doesn’t come with a tread wear warranty like the AT does

Sponsored

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
My M/Ts sucked on ice terribly. I wish I'd bought the A/Ts. Ended up getting KO2s pretty quickly which were much better. But the M/Ts look badass for a stock tire that's for sure.

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
My M/Ts sucked on ice terribly. I wish I'd bought the A/Ts. Ended up getting KO2s pretty quickly which were much better. But the M/Ts look badass for a stock tire that's for sure.
In 4WD or 2WD? The BFG M/T I had on the JK were great in snow as long as it was in 4WD.
Sponsored