Sponsored

When will order banks open for Gladiator Diesel?

When will order banks open for JT Ecodiesel?

• Total voters

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Dealer unresponsive right now, and Jeep Chat (FCA) just says "all parts are available and production will begin soon".
When did you order? If your dealer is unresponsive, then you need to contact the General Manager and tell him/her that you would like to cancel your order since his dealership is unwilling to answer your question. You reserve the right to call every week to get a status update. My dealer told me to call as many times as I wanted to get updates.

When FCA says, "All parts are available and production will begin soon". That means you are in "D" Status, which is stage 3.

Stage 3
D: Firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available
D1: Gateline schedule - scheduled to be built

Stage 4
E: Frame
F: Paint
G: Trim
I: Built not ok'd
J: Built ok'd
JB: Shipped to Upfit Center
JE: Emission check
JS: Shipped to storage
Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
When did you order? If your dealer is unresponsive, then you need to contact the General Manager . . .
That sounded worse than intended. I got through, salesperson just forgot to call me back.

She said no change in status.

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
That sounded worse than intended. I got through, salesperson just forgot to call me back.

She said no change in status.
Customer service is important to me. I bend over backwards to help people. And while I don't expect people to bend over backwards for me, I do expect a certain level of competence and respect. And once you give me that respect, I'm loyal to the bone. To give you an example, I found a dealer in Utah who gives me good prices with no hassle. That's a 7 hour drive (one-way) every time we order a vehicle.

By the way, once you arrive to 'D1' Status, your vehicle will be assigned a VIN number.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
By the way, once you arrive to 'D1' Status, your vehicle will be assigned a VIN number.
I have the VIN. JeepCares offered to check further for me, so I took her up on it. Maybe I find out more info.

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I have the VIN. JeepCares offered to check further for me, so I took her up on it. Maybe I find out more info.
Then you're already at 'D1'. So, either JeepCares gave you a blanket statement the first go around (and was too lazy to look it up), or you've already moved up in status since they gave you their earlier response.

It goes pretty fast once you go into stage 4.

But don't be fooled, I've seen vehicles stuck in KZ for 3 months. So, anything can happen.

Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Then you're already at 'D1'. So, either JeepCares gave you a blanket statement the first go around (and was too lazy to look it up), or you've already moved up in status since they gave you their earlier response.
It was Jeep Chat the earlier time. Don't know if it's the same people, but JeepCares offered on this forum to check.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Life is too short. If the diesel JT ever makes it to production i will have over a year of JT ownership and enjoyment.

There is really nothing wrong with the gas motor and to deny yourself ownership of a JT simply because of the motor is silly.

I disagree with this. I’m only interested in buying a JT if I can have the diesel.
The V6 in my opinion doesn’t have the power to make driving on 37”+ tall tires very fun, on or off-road. I also intend to tow a trailer and that completely ruins the other option of supercharging it. A V8 swap is far too expensive for me to find value in it. For that money I could have another toy or two and it almost pays for the travel trailer.

I’ve driven a JT on 37s with 4.11s and hated it, a JT with 4.88s and 37s which felt like the best match for cruising on the highway but in no way impressive performance wise and a JT with 5.38s and 40s which felt a little better than the first one but worse than the second.

Compared to the diesel JL rubi I drove with 3.73s on 37s, all of the above are terrible options.

Surely a diesel with 4.11s and 37s will embarrass any stock V6 > 33” tires no matter the gearing and if you lined up a JT with 5.38s on 40s vs a diesel with 4.88s and 40s, the beat down would be impressive. On or off road with the biggest difference being off road at any speed, passing power on the freeway and certainly when towing

Last edited:

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
I disagree with this. I’m only interested in buying a JT if I can have the diesel.
The V6 in my opinion doesn’t have the power to make driving on 37”+ tall tires very fun, on or off-road. I also intend to tow a trailer and that completely ruins the other option of supercharging it. A V8 swap is far too expensive for me to find value in it. For that money I could have another toy or two and it almost pays for the travel trailer.

I’ve driven a JT on 37s with 4.11s and hated it, a JT with 4.88s and 37s which felt like the best match for cruising on the highway but in no way impressive performance wise and a JT with 5.38s and 40s which felt a little better than the first one but worse than the second.

Compared to the diesel JL rubi I drove with 3.73s on 37s, all of the above are terrible options.

Surely a diesel with 4.11s and 37s will embarrass any stock V6 > 33” tires no matter the gearing and if you lined up a JT with 5.38s on 40s vs a diesel with 4.88s and 40s, the beat down would be impressive. On or off road with the biggest difference being off road at any speed, passing power on the freeway and certainly when towing
Ditto, and to add, if you run a 3.6 with a heavy load towing and big tires very long, well, it won't actually be very long. The Pentastar sucks, and I refuse to buy another Jeep with that crappy motor in it. (I would take a GME-T6 though).

OP
OP
Oilburner

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
I wanted the diesel option enough that I bought a diesel Wrangler rather than a JT and be disappointed with its performance. I have had a 3.6L before, not interested in owning another one. They are adequate engines but that's it.
I still Drool over every JT I see on the road, but I am getting the job done with a small aluminum trailer until they are able to produce the 3.0L JT. (I have an older Super Duty if I need to haul any weight of consequence)
It's a compromise, but one I can 'suffer through' for a few years ;)

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I wanted the diesel option enough that I bought a diesel Wrangler rather than a JT and be disappointed with its performance. I have had a 3.6L before, not interested in owning another one. They are adequate engines but that's it.
Oftentimes, it's easy to distinguish between the person who has no diesel experience (or at least a very limited experience) and the person who has a lot of experience. The person with limited experience attempts to compare the Pentastar to the EcoDiesel in a fashion that can't be fairly compared. The two engine platforms are so vastly different that it would be like comparing sandals to boots. While both are footwear, they function differently and serve two very different purposes.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Oilburner

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
...The two engine platforms are so vastly different that it would be like comparing sandals to boots. While both are footwear, they function differently and serve two very different purposes.
Worth re-quoting.
Well said sir-

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
At the rate they are going, it's going to be a year behind schedule....

BTW, has anyone heard if the diesel will be an option in the Mojave?

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
At the rate they are going, it's going to be a year behind schedule....
According to a Jeep, the EcoDiesel will be released towards the end of the calendar year.

BTW, has anyone heard if the diesel will be an option in the Mojave?
Yes, the EcoDiesel will be an option in the Mojave. Again, Jeep said it will be made available towards the end of this calendar year.

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude
According to a Jeep, the EcoDiesel will be released towards the end of the calendar year.
How sure are you in this statement - I am coming from an angle of asking only, no other 'tone' should be inserted here please ! :) - ?

The reason i ask is that I have just come from 2 dealerships here in Sydney, Australia and both sales people told me there was not going to be a diesel JT, neither left nor right hand drives! This is all due to the fact that the JT is 2" narrower over the JT.
Now as I told the sales people, I really dont believe that Jeep will exclude the diesel engine from their newly designed JT as when they started, they would have known the spces of the EcoDiesel.

Does anyone know, for a fact, that whether this is poopie or not? Maybe @JeepCares can chime in here?
I am starting to get a little more pissed at Jeep with all this clocke and dagger rubbish! We already know all the information, and have done for about a year now, on the new Land Rover Discovery. Price! Spec! Types! Release dates! Etc! But Jeep, they are treating the buying public like chumps!
Sponsored