Sponsored

When will order banks open for Gladiator Diesel?

When will order banks open for JT Ecodiesel?

• Total voters

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
Is there an update in other models?
There was an article I found when I recently Googled “UConnect 5” and selected “news stories“ that listed the order of FCA vehicles that would get it first and the Wrangler/Gladiator was not on the list. You never know whether the reporter had good info. I don’t recall whether he cited a source within FCA or a press release from them.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
According to a Jeep, the EcoDiesel will be released towards the end of the calendar year.

Yes, the EcoDiesel will be an option in the Mojave. Again, Jeep said it will be made available towards the end of this calendar year.
Do you have a source by chance?

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Jeep said it’s coming. That’s not exactly cloak and dagger

Sponsored

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I can't point to a particular article, news bulletin, etc. Jeep has released the information twice that I know of, once on a public online Q&A forum (which might be on YouTube) and confirmed again in an interview with TFL (which might also be found on YouTube). Assuming the order bank doesn't change, we might learn about the EcoDiesel specs in July. The order bank for the 2021 Gladiator opens on 7/8/2020 and production begins on 8/24/2020.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
The order bank for the 2021 Gladiator opens on 7/8/2020 and production begins on 8/24/2020.
Wow, they are really saving the manual builds for the last minute. My 2020 is supposed to be built starting 7/6. The same week they take orders for 2021.

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
I can't speak to the Mojave question, but as to the release by the end of the calendar year, it was stated by the Jeep VP on the "First ever Jeep Brand digital livestream roundtable" that was held on April 21. You should be able to find a link to it on this site somewhere. It was heavily advertised on this site, but the link to the live stream is no longer active. It may be archived on YouTube or another video source.

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I can't speak to the Mojave question
Here's the only spy shot we've seen of a Gladiator, with an EcoDiesel, and a Mojave hood. It was a test mule.

gladiator-ecodiesel1.jpg

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
I can't point to a particular article, news bulletin, etc. Jeep has released the information twice that I know of, once on a public online Q&A forum (which might be on YouTube) and confirmed again in an interview with TFL (which might also be found on YouTube). Assuming the order bank doesn't change, we might learn about the EcoDiesel specs in July. The order bank for the 2021 Gladiator opens on 7/8/2020 and production begins on 8/24/2020.
Any ideas on the difference between the 2020 & 2021 Gladiator? Hopefully when the order banks open. The diesels will be an add on.

Sponsored

PK2

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranchero, Triumph Speed Triple, Isuzu Dmax
Re Oz JTs, Jeep Oz are kidding themselves if they think they can test the waters with the 3.6 and bring the diesel later. Aussies love diesels, and will move to another brand if it's not available.
Unfortunately I've given up on the Gladiator now. It was going to be my retirement tow vehicle. But without a diesel, and uncompetitive tow capacity, it's now not on my shopping list.
I've owned 6 jeeps and was excited, not any more.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Copy, thanks. We were supposed to have diesel Gladiators already. Obviously, that is OBE.

I can't speak to the Mojave question, but as to the release by the end of the calendar year, it was stated by the Jeep VP on the "First ever Jeep Brand digital livestream roundtable" that was held on April 21. You should be able to find a link to it on this site somewhere. It was heavily advertised on this site, but the link to the live stream is no longer active. It may be archived on YouTube or another video source.
Am looking for Mojave specific. I don't see any news out there either way.

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Any ideas on the difference between the 2020 & 2021 Gladiator? Hopefully when the order banks open. The diesels will be an add on.
Besides the EcoDiesel option, I'm not aware of any significant changes. I'm guessing Jeep will continue with the JT body style for approximately 10 years total. They will continue to release a variety of packages and editions to keep the brand/truck appealing.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Here's the only spy shot we've seen of a Gladiator, with an EcoDiesel, and a Mojave hood. It was a test mule.

gladiator-ecodiesel1.jpg
That Jeep also has max tow type flares that are color matched And the overland steps. Judging by the all clear tailights it has, I’d say its most likely a build being tested for export, probably to Australia. Mojave’s won’t have steps, the steel bumper or max tow flares

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Besides the EcoDiesel option, I'm not aware of any significant changes. I'm guessing Jeep will continue with the JT body style for approximately 10 years total. They will continue to release a variety of packages and editions to keep the brand/truck appealing.

I’d expect the 2028 gladiator to change along with the JL.
FULL ELECTRIC option at that point and I’d be surprised if the diesel makes it to second gen
Sponsored