First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
They were out of the Sheridan already, but I was able to order the Pershing. Thanks for the info!
Looks like we wiped em out of their stock. For 100$ not a bad deal glad I got one. I've already got my UPS tracking number!
Sponsored

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
So their website is wrong?

warfab.jpg
They must’ve updated the website because I couldn’t find it anywhere on their website when I looked several weeks ago.
That Pershing is pretty cool with both a flat step and a shackle.

Hipbilly

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2007 FJ Cruiser

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
How many of these set off the backup sensors?

Sponsored

Rollcast

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
My Sheridan was delivered today. That was surprisingly fast shipping.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Having driven a pickup offroad for over fifteen years, prior to picking up a JTR, using your receiver hitch as a skidplate isn't a good idea. Beating up the safety chain loops isn't a good idea. Grinding down the lip of the insert hole isn't a good idea.

I ran and do run a clevis insert on a number of 4x4's, Ford's, Jeep's and Hummer's inclusively. PIckups drag ass off-road, there are different solutions to address tearing up your hitch, and good for you for not caring, but that's not everyone.

Nor is every solution to the issue a giant loss of departure angle or clearance.
Jeep Gladiator Which hitch skid plate? PXL_20201130_222159044

I agree 100%.
That box section on most receivers is doubled up for the last inch or so. You will NEVER collapse or damage it.

Putting a skid plate on it only makes it more likely to drag. Its a solution in search of a problem.

If you are afraid of collapsing the box section buy a shackle that goes into the hitch and leave it at that.

NCLife

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
I have had the body armor for about 4 years, it was on my JLUR first. It's stout and has held up well, even being rear ended. I'm not sure if anyone pointed it out, but they will set off your backup sensors.

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
How many of these set off the backup sensors?
I got the Body Armor brand, and it makes them think I'm inches away from crashing as soon as I goes in reverse.

Sponsored

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
I got the Body Armor brand, and it makes them think I'm inches away from crashing as soon as I goes in reverse.
That’s what I was worried about.

Guerillah

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Having driven a pickup offroad for over fifteen years, prior to picking up a JTR, using your receiver hitch as a skidplate isn't a good idea. Beating up the safety chain loops isn't a good idea. Grinding down the lip of the insert hole isn't a good idea.

I ran and do run a clevis insert on a number of 4x4's, Ford's, Jeep's and Hummer's inclusively. PIckups drag ass off-road, there are different solutions to address tearing up your hitch, and good for you for not caring, but that's not everyone.

Nor is every solution to the issue a giant loss of departure angle or clearance.
Where can this be found? I like the idea of this one…

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
It is nothing but an inexpensive 2" drop receiver from Harbor Freight. It was $10 at the time, June '20, last I saw the pandemic inflation kicked it up to $15. I saw this on a Taco several years ago and thought "DAMNED good idea!" I used to have a Ranger and I used a Clevis insert, this is better and I knew it when I saw it. Just had to wait for Jeep to bring back a pickup.

Jeep buddy at work handed the insert to a fabricator, cut the drop tongue off, flip the square and weld it back on reversed. He understood exactly what I wanted when I walked into his office. We have a shop full of perfectionists so it came out REAL nice.

Whatever the cost to have a welding/machine shop do this is worth it to me, maybe $50? The minimal loss of ground clearance and departure angle makes it better for my purposes than a Clevis insert given how much more protection I get.

Where can this be found? I like the idea of this one…

Guerillah

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
It is nothing but an inexpensive 2" drop receiver from Harbor Freight. It was $10 at the time, June '20, last I saw the pandemic inflation kicked it up to $15. I saw this on a Taco several years ago and thought "DAMNED good idea!" I used to have a Ranger and I used a Clevis insert, this is better and I knew it when I saw it. Just had to wait for Jeep to bring back a pickup.

Jeep buddy at work handed the insert to a fabricator, cut the drop tongue off, flip the square and weld it back on reversed. He understood exactly what I wanted when I walked into his office. We have a shop full of perfectionists so it came out REAL nice.

Whatever the cost to have a welding/machine shop do this is worth it to me, maybe $50? The minimal loss of ground clearance and departure angle makes it better for my purposes than a Clevis insert given how much more protection I get.
I see! Awesome idea.

Basically, buy this:https://www.harborfreight.com/ball-mount-hitch-with-2-inch-drop-94902.html

Cut off the drop part, flip it, and weld it back on.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer