Sponsored

$74.98 eBay hitch skid.

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
Going to remove them all anyway when I drill the hole for my flag mount. Thanks for the heads up though.
Was kind of thinking about putting some nonskid on that shiny plate too. Have to trim all of those holes though.
What say you? Do you think that plate might be slippery with some wet boots?
What about spraying it with nonskid paint while it's off?
Sponsored

IOS-XR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator HA Diesel, 21 Silverado LT Diesel
Occupation
CTO
Jumped on the bandwagon and picked one up. Seller accepted a $68 offer. Figured it’d come in handy with the Jeep Adventure Academy in May. I think I’m going to drill a whole in the step to mount a flag as others have suggestet.

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
All the screws on mine we pretty loose. I would recommend a good snugging on them.
Just to reiterate on what 19delta said, grab your screwdriver. I believe these screw were torqued down with nothing more than a thumb and forefinger.
For those wanting to drill a flag mount hole, for some reason there are two additional holes between the braces right where you’re probably going to want to drill. I was going 5/8 but may have to downsize a hair. We’ll see.
Jeep Gladiator $74.98 eBay hitch skid. 368A7E28-B72F-4014-9469-216360AC7DB4
Jeep Gladiator $74.98 eBay hitch skid. 061F8AB2-96C5-405A-9574-FEFBDBC26F4C
Jeep Gladiator $74.98 eBay hitch skid. 69E25919-ACBA-48C8-9F91-979CE1C3E467
Jeep Gladiator $74.98 eBay hitch skid. 4C426035-C479-4449-AEEF-FE2C80296859

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK, after the generally favorable reviews, I went and ordered one too. Ended up paying $70, but no sales tax here in NH. Came yesterday, but I work out of state and just got home. Screws were loose like others mention. One was practically falling out. No biggie, tightened them up for now and I'll loctite them later. Right now I just wanna put it on! Slide it into the receiver, and I'm sliding it back and forth trying to locate the hole for the pin. WTF? Finally I pull it back out and look closer.
Houston, we have a problem!
Jeep Gladiator $74.98 eBay hitch skid. 1648242047309

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
OK, after the generally favorable reviews, I went and ordered one too. Ended up paying $70, but no sales tax here in NH. Came yesterday, but I work out of state and just got home. Screws were loose like others mention. One was practically falling out. No biggie, tightened them up for now and I'll loctite them later. Right now I just wanna put it on! Slide it into the receiver, and I'm sliding it back and forth trying to locate the hole for the pin. WTF? Finally I pull it back out and look closer.
Jeep Gladiator $74.98 eBay hitch skid. 1648242887142
I didn’t mean to laugh but mine was $66 and looked like this:
Jeep Gladiator $74.98 eBay hitch skid. 3BA362C8-66CA-4834-83CF-7C6667CB64EC

They’re probably going to send you a replacement without return, then you can pay it forward to someone who doesn’t mind drilling that size hole.
I bet you’ve got everybody who hasn’t put it on the truck yet running out to check theirs. You kinda just assume.
Guilty!🤣

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Impro2A, if you have access to a vice and a 5/8” drill bit in a drill press….perhaps you can set it to be as close as possible to your bumper instead of out farther, just saying…..Jack

Sponsored

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They’re probably going to send you a replacement without return, then you can pay it forward to someone who doesn’t mind drilling that size hole.
I bet you’ve got everybody who hasn’t put it on the truck yet running out to check theirs. You kinda just assume.
Guilty!🤣
Yup, looks like they are just going to send another one. So, guess what my wife is getting for her birthday in a few weeks? LOL!

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Impro2A, if you have access to a vice and a 5/8” drill bit in a drill press….perhaps you can set it to be as close as possible to your bumper instead of out farther, just saying…..Jack
Might be an excuse to buy a drill press? Can never have enough tools!

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Great opportunity to drill your own hole if you want it closer to the bumper.

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
great minds think alike hahaha.

You'll also have to notch or cut off the end depending on your receiver.

IOS-XR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator HA Diesel, 21 Silverado LT Diesel
Occupation
CTO
Finally got around to drilling the hole in mine for the off road safety flag. Picked one up from Handy Flag with the QD mount. Pretty slick. Had to drill a 9/16" hole for it to fit. Drilled a pilot hole then went at it with the big bit. Took a little while but made it through.

ETA - all my screws for the top plate were pretty loose. I torqued them down after drilling the hole and will end up putting some thread locker on them. Not moving now anyway with the flag mount through the plate.

Jeep Gladiator $74.98 eBay hitch skid. 5i29CWP

Jeep Gladiator $74.98 eBay hitch skid. hvln2sO

I think it turned out pretty well.

Jeep Gladiator $74.98 eBay hitch skid. Bg7AuVw
Sponsored