First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Disabled Military Retired
That Steel-it coating by the way was to make their advertising look better, it's not an option when ordering.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SloW8

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
I like it . How much overall length does it add to the vehicle?, IOW does it protrude beyond any other existing point? Also is the loop on the top designed for a shackle? Is it rated as a tow or winching point?
It adds a few inches in overall length and it does stick down 3/4"-1" or so lower than the hitch receiver itself. But... It is angled and so it kind of aligns with the departure angle anyway. So even though it adds a bit of length and hangs down, its positioned in a helpful way.

Its really nicely built. If you look on the website they show how that loop is solid steel and welded all the way through to the bottom as well as around the perimeter. It is designed for a recovery shackle. That is why I like this unit more than some of the production, made offshore somewhere type stuff that is out there.

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Mech Engineer/MBA/Entrepreneur
That Steel-it coating by the way was to make their advertising look better, it's not an option when ordering.
Agreed, i am buying separate

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
I went with Supreme, added non-skid to the top and a (via 5 pin plug) light to the rear.
Jeep Gladiator Protecting Your Rear -  Sheridan hitch mounted skid from Warfab 3

Jeep Gladiator Protecting Your Rear -  Sheridan hitch mounted skid from Warfab ss

Sponsored

aqcjeepGlad

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave

WhyNotJeep

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4,,, '14 Wrangler JKUR
Occupation
Done with it
Could we get one with a roller like the big motorhomes have?

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
When people complain that they hang lower and reduce ground clearance, that’s the point to an extent. The idea is that it will hit before your bumper. And it works flawlessly. I have the Warfab Sheridan and it’s worth it’s weight in bumpers and hitches. I spotted @Mightytalldude on a difficult descent today and the hitch skid was the only reason his passenger side rear bumper corner didn’t drag. The skid was lower, so it righted the descent and was the only thing to touch. I’ll never wheel at gladiator or wrangler without one on.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
When people complain that they hang lower and reduce ground clearance, that’s the point to an extent. The idea is that it will hit before your bumper. And it works flawlessly. I have the Warfab Sheridan and it’s worth it’s weight in bumpers and hitches. I spotted @Mightytalldude on a difficult descent today and the hitch skid was the only reason his passenger side rear bumper corner didn’t drag. The skid was lower, so it righted the descent and was the only thing to touch. I’ll never wheel at gladiator or wrangler without one on.
I wish we had that one on video. It would be a good illustration.

Azelja

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2020 VW Passat
I wish we had that one on video. It would be a good illustration.
Well I guess you will have to go back out this weekend and get some footage. Inquiring minds wanna know. LOL

Sponsored

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
One of my biggest concerns with wheeling the Gladiator has been the departure angle.

My Mojave came with a plastic rear bumper and no protection for the ends/sides of the bed. One of my first mods was to swap on a Rubicon take off and I felt like that was some relatively cheap insurance when dropping off the ledges in Moab.

Second thing I did was purchase the Sheridan hitch mounted skid from Warfab. This thing is nicely made (in the USA) and I finally got a chance to put it to the test this last weekend on Hell's Revenge. Not a difficult trail by any means, but it presented lots of chances to drag my rear end.

I got a tiny bit of abrasion on one of the Rubicon skids and dragged the hitch mount skid all over creation. No body damage or sheet metal havoc. Success!

If you aren't ready to throw on some big tires or a lift to fix the departure angle, I highly recommend the hitch skid. And the Rubi bumpers can be found pretty easily and for decent prices if you shop around.

Jeep Gladiator Protecting Your Rear -  Sheridan hitch mounted skid from Warfab ss

is this the short or standard version ?

Squelch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi Gladiator, Energica Ribelle, Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Just for reference, here’s a picture of my Warfab Sheridan after a couple of years of wheeling. It’s been through hell, it’s taken a beating, and it’s borne the brunt of a lot of hits, drags, and slides that would have torn up my hitch or bumper.

Jeep Gladiator Protecting Your Rear -  Sheridan hitch mounted skid from Warfab IMG_2810

upnover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Just for reference, here’s a picture of my Warfab Sheridan after a couple of years of wheeling. It’s been through hell, it’s taken a beating, and it’s borne the brunt of a lot of hits, drags, and slides that would have torn up my hitch or bumper.

Jeep Gladiator Protecting Your Rear -  Sheridan hitch mounted skid from Warfab IMG_2810
What size lift and tires you run?