Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
I've used Jscan for almost two years now on my JT. I also use it on our JKU and parent's Charger, Ram, and Caravan.
Sponsored

jpregione

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Management
ok, a few questions. First, has anyone used both Jscan and tazer jl? I have a '22 Gladiator, upgraded tire size and changed halogen to led, bought the tazer jl to update all. Just got the O2 sensor campaign notice so need to take to dealership, but that would mean unmarrying tazer which I assume would cause issues with the lights. Has anyone used jscan to change tire size / lights "permanently" and tazer for the live functionality? Second question, if I have tazer installed do I need bypass cable to use jscan to make these changes?

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
Second question, if I have tazer installed do I need bypass cable to use jscan to make these changes?
You don't. You can plug your bluetooth adapter straight into the OBDII port and make changes though JScan.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
You don't. You can plug your bluetooth adapter straight into the OBDII port and make changes though JScan.
To clarify for onlookers -

You can do what he said because the tazer IS a bypass.

Without that - You need the security bypass cable. THEN you plug the BT adapter into that and make changes.

So if you don't have a tazer, you need to otherwise bypass the firewall - the security gateway module.
I don't have a tazer so use a bypass cable.
Those with a tazer already have a bypass if the tazer is installed.
At least that's my understanding - tazer is a bypass because it plugs directly into the firewall.

jpregione

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Management
Thanks for the verification. So with my first question, I could theoretically unmarry the tazer, which would default back to factory lights (halogen) and tires size, use jscan to update those parameters and then remarry tazer so i can use it for live features? then when i have to remarry tazer prior to taking to dealership I only lose the live functionality?

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
Thanks for the verification. So with my first question, I could theoretically unmarry the tazer, which would default back to factory lights (halogen) and tires size, use jscan to update those parameters and then remarry tazer so i can use it for live features? then when i have to remarry tazer prior to taking to dealership I only lose the live functionality?
In theory, yes.
Sponsored