First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Wow, thanks for the update. Of course some things won't matter as they've become "standard equipment" on some if not all models, but that's good to know.
When I had some of mine done, it was simple, easy, no problem.
(passive entry is standard on Overland and Overland High Altitude now - not sure of the Rubicon or Mojave versions.)
Rubicon and Mojave too.

Ability to add sales codes seems directly linked to dealer added profit to add things after sale. Trailcam? No chance.
Sponsored

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
This is absolutely not the case. There are sales codes that, even though they are available to be built with on a particular trim level, cannot be added after the fact at a dealer level. If someone asks to have XNY added to their VIN, it will be grayed out in dealerconnect. It’s not a matter of an unwilling dealer, there are just sales codes that they simply can’t access to add. Stellantis has been tightening up on this more and more- ram trucks started out that passive entry sales code was available to add, but engineering killed that after too many people were requesting it.
Now, they’ve basically got it narrowed down to the only sales codes available to add after the fact are ones that they make mopar add-on kits for (ie., remote start, power side steps for ram, things like that). There might be a few that they still allow, like passive entry for the jeeps, but if enough VINs start having it added, they’ll lock it down.
Always appreciate your input. Every time I look at my Front Trailcam shortcut I put on the bottom row of Uconnect.... thanks man!

Sandman21

First Name
Dagoberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
In same boat here! But I have a Flashcal I used with 2018 JKU and was able to upgrade software + buy bypass to use with ‘20 JT. But now ‘23 JTR connector where bypass goes is different 🤬. Can’t find anything about new bypass from Superchips. Also, wanna add trail cam.

Any of u know about upgrade I could do to my Flashcal?

Alternatively, there’s a kit now with Camera+Tazer JL Mini to use “cargo camera” input. That really only option or can just get camera and use JSCAN or AlphaOBD?

Thanks!

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
In same boat here! But I have a Flashcal I used with 2018 JKU and was able to upgrade software + buy bypass to use with ‘20 JT. But now ‘23 JTR connector where bypass goes is different 🤬. Can’t find anything about new bypass from Superchips. Also, wanna add trail cam.

Any of u know about upgrade I could do to my Flashcal?

Alternatively, there’s a kit now with Camera+Tazer JL Mini to use “cargo camera” input. That really only option or can just get camera and use JSCAN or AlphaOBD?

Thanks!
Jscan and AlfaOBD will activate the Cargo Camera input. Clones of the Camera kit can be found on Amazon for less than $100.

Sponsored

Sandman21

First Name
Dagoberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Another vote for JSCAN

Get a USB Adapter https://amzn.to/3r5yxDQ
Security Gateway interface https://amzn.to/3PE0Y4U
and buy the JSCAN license, and you are good to go.

I would also highly recommend the extension cables for the security gateway. You can thank me later https://amzn.to/3raQgJS
Thanks!

Question tho, with FlashCal and others alike you have the OBD connector and then another connector for security gateway that you plugin and leave there permanent. Your suggestion above is the Bluetooth OBD connector to connect to Jscan I understand that, but what is the use for the security gateway dongle that looks like sec gateway connectors on one end and OBD on the other, to connect them together once re-programmed?

Also, what's the use for the adapter cables?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the noob questions!

Phi502

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Thanks!

Question tho, with FlashCal and others alike you have the OBD connector and then another connector for security gateway that you plugin and leave there permanent. Your suggestion above is the Bluetooth OBD connector to connect to Jscan I understand that, but what is the use for the security gateway dongle that looks like sec gateway connectors on one end and OBD on the other, to connect them together once re-programmed?

Also, what's the use for the adapter cables?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the noob questions!
The security gateway adapters are how make changes to the system. The Bluetooth OB2 adapter actually plugs into the gateway cable, not the OB2 connector for making changes. It can be plugged into the OB2 for diagnostics only. The gateway cables and Bluetooth connector are both removed after changes are made. The extension cables just make it easier to hook up later. Hope that makes sense

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
but what is the use for the security gateway dongle that looks like sec gateway connectors on one end and OBD on the other,
The security gateway itself is a security device sort of like a firewall in a network. But in our case, the SGW (security gateway) prevents changes to the truck's systems. Prevents someone from sticking a bluetooth OBD adapter on the OBDII port and changing things in your Jeep, or even remotely controlling the jeep, turning off or on certain things while driving near you. It prevents hacking, etc.
So to make changes to your Jeep, you need to bypass that security device, the SGW.
It's only needed to "change" something, not to read. You can still get information for the most part, but you can't make changes to things like gear ratios, tire size, idle speed or hundreds of other things that can be changed or modified in the various modules in the Jeep.

If you make changes and are done, you can remove that bypass cable and plug things back into the SGW.

This cable with the orange ends is the bypass cable. It connects to the cables that are unplugged from the SGW and allows you to directly connect a Bluetooth OBD adapter as shown below for making changes. If you leave this in place - it could technically be connected to by someone else and "hijacked" allowing someone else access.

Jeep Gladiator Which programmer/tuner/coder? 1699546862297

Jeep Gladiator Which programmer/tuner/coder? 51Ph0R6725S._AC_SL1024_

JTGuy

First Name
Pascual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Manager
I have a Tazer mini to do my gears and tires and perhaps the TPMS. But I fear doing something wrong and messing up everything.

Sponsored

Zachanadandy

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical foreman
Just took delivery of a 2023 Mojave, I am getting the AEV 2" kit and noticed you can order it with or without the procal.

I plan to add other items--front camera, switches, etc. Would it make more sense to get a Tazer to enable other features vs the Procal which seems to just adjust for tire/gear ratios? Or is there a better product out there?

I searched around but couldn't find a comparison thread on different units--if one exists, please point me in its direction.

Thanks in advance.
Where are you finding the kit without the procal? How much cheaper is it? That mashes me much more interested in the kit now.

OP
OP

-MJK-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
I ordered it direct from AEV w/o the ProCal but that was almost a year ago. Have you tried calling AEV?

Sandman21

First Name
Dagoberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@ShadowsPapa and @Phi502 thanks a lot for your replies great info, appreciate the help!
Hey guys dunno if I'm missing something but security gateway is different on 2023 like I said before, just realized how different. Cable suggested would not work on this, or am I missing something...(see pics)

IMG_3889.JPG

IMG_3890.JPG

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500 2019 Jeep Cherokee
Hey guys dunno if I'm missing something but security gateway is different on 2023 like I said before, just realized how different. Cable suggested would not work on this, or am I missing something...(see pics)

Jeep Gladiator Which programmer/tuner/coder? IMG_3890.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Which programmer/tuner/coder? IMG_3890.JPG
That is the amplifier that you unplugged. SGW is same as other years.

Sandman21

First Name
Dagoberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
That is the amplifier that you unplugged. SGW is same as other years.
I know not the white plug, but the smaller socket in the middle and other large to the side seem to be new security gateway ports, at least they're on same place as my 2020. Or is it just the small socket in the middle?
Sponsored