First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
All I'm saying is that AlfaOBD isn't magic in that if there is not already a line saying yes/no and so on, it can't add it. If the line IS present (and it has to be) then if JSCAN isn't doing it, it's only because he's not set the app to read that line and interact with it.
You can't add lines that are not there, you can only modify the variable for that line, yes, no, present or not present and so on.

When a sales code is added, the dealer has to then download the new configuration and flash it to your vehicle. And if that doesn't work then it means if your BCM is ever flashed for any reason, it will be removed because the flash for your VIN won't have that setting present.
If you add equipment that isn't added to the VIN - if on the really off change that module gets flashed by the dealer, it will be removed and you'll have to change that setting back again.
It's not so likely with something like the BCM - it's more likely for PCM or ABS and so on, but........
All accurate. JSCAN still has no enable Front Trailcam option tho...

@bryanklay somehow got the Front Trailcam sales code added and vehicle config restored by
his dealer ..his still didn't work. It took @Jimmy07 working with him to figure out the required BCM settings. Due to their work....mine works.

Yep....I have to restore my config if the dealer touches my truck. No worries. I keep a backup.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
All accurate. JSCAN still has no enable Front Trailcam option tho...

@bryanklay somehow got the Front Trailcam sales code added and vehicle config restored by
his dealer ..his still didn't work. It took @Jimmy07 working with him to figure out the required BCM settings. Due to their work....mine works.

Yep....I have to restore my config if the dealer touches my truck. No worries. I keep a backup.
If you save the logs from these apps, like AlfaOBD, it shows what changes you made during that session. Easy to track.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
These are the settings. I've seen those who add the front trailcam give up on Jscan and use AlfaOBD. If you know of a success of a person adding it and using Jscan....lemme know ...it would be a big deal for people. I added the trailcam but started with AlfaOBD.

Screenshot_20221230-201352_Brave.jpg

In case lurkers are wondering about "Pin 14" -

Connector A Pin 14: Washer Motor Control Right Rear Output Present/Front Camera Washer: No

Yes means there's a front camera washer. This is from mine, no camera, no washer, so that says NO.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
In case lurkers are wondering about "Pin 14" -

Connector A Pin 14: Washer Motor Control Right Rear Output Present/Front Camera Washer: No

Yes means there's a front camera washer. This is from mine, no camera, no washer, so that says NO.
Big fun later on the washer......

The harness runs along the driver fender...... you have to reverse the wires afterwards. If you don't....the windshield washer switch fires the front camera washer.....the clean front camera uconnect button fires the windshield washer!!! You can either depin and reverse or order the correct harness which I detail in my thread.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
@ShadowsPapa be serious...imagine a dealer being able to accomplish....or be willing to accomplish...this:

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/my-oem-front-trail-cam-install-thread.52216/

Combine that with the sales code requiring engineering approval and still not working.

I bet 4 Auto is a sales code....think a dealer can add that? No chance. It isn't LEDs.
So no dealers ever install these trail cams? Even though mine said "that can be installed later". None have installed it and made it active is what you are suggesting. A factory option can't be installed by a dealer.

BTW - for 2022 Gladiator Overland, Rubicon and Mojave, the sales code for the "off road camera" is XNY
It doesn't exist for Sport that I can find.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
So no dealers ever install these trail cams? Even though mine said "that can be installed later". None have installed it and made it active is what you are suggesting. A factory option can't be installed by a dealer.

BTW - for 2022 Gladiator Overland, Rubicon and Mojave, the sales code for the "off road camera" is XNY
It doesn't exist for Sport that I can find.
We know of some who got the sales code added and the camera did not work properly. @bryanklay is one.

I'd love to read about a single dealer installed OEM front trailcam.....due to the custom harness required as no one is going to pull the entire body harness.....I am confident saying it's never been done.

Think about this. The camera is in the grille. It's wired to a box behind the rear cab trim. This wiring does not exist unless you bought the truck with it. Neither does the box. If you don't have a front trailcam....you don't have a CVPM behind the rear cab trim.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Imagine a dealer even dealing with this....

Screenshot_20221230-212922_Brave.jpg

OP
OP

-MJK-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Thanks for the info---maybe not the factory front camera, seems a bit more involved than I care to go. I noticed one from Tazer that looked good. I'll continue my research --thx

Sponsored

bryanklay

First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ford bronco, 2020 jeep gladiator overland
Occupation
Retired C-141/C-130 FE. now, 9th grade math instr
Good Morning Shadows Papa and Ecidiego as well as all who are reading,
it has been a pleasure using this forum because i get to read and contemplate all of the different ideas. when I started the idea of installing the front trail cam, i had to do a lot of research on the wiring and parts to complete the project. once installed, i went to the dealership i work with and they tried to activate the system and could not get it to work, the dealership went thru the process with the engineer who finally agreed to place the code on the vehicle and he stated " he will never get it to work". thru Jimmy007, and ALPHOBD he made it work. it is true that if and software updates to the system are done at the dealership you have to go and reload the system which is easy because you have the logs from ALPHAOBD. on the question of a dealership doing the install, Keep dreaming. i say this because the techs are not able to think outside of the box anymore and for something like this, you have to think outside the box.

Shadows Papa like you I am an Automotive Technician trained by Ford Motor Company thru their ASSET Program back in 1990s and worked at two dealerships in northern Ohio for 5 years before i went back to flying for the AirForce.

Shadows Papa
i will be going thru you area the beginning of June 23 headed to the east coast and if you would like, i can stop by. i would like to pick your brain for a little bit because it seems you are more old school then I am.

Ecidiego
I am sorry to say that i do not go to the goofy state of California. so I can not stop by. However, if you get out here to Northern Utah, let me know and you can stop by.

Last edited:

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500 2019 Jeep Cherokee
Any option that was available when you bought the truck has a sales code that can be added. But no software does that. Only dealers can add that sales code.
This is absolutely not the case. There are sales codes that, even though they are available to be built with on a particular trim level, cannot be added after the fact at a dealer level. If someone asks to have XNY added to their VIN, it will be grayed out in dealerconnect. It’s not a matter of an unwilling dealer, there are just sales codes that they simply can’t access to add. Stellantis has been tightening up on this more and more- ram trucks started out that passive entry sales code was available to add, but engineering killed that after too many people were requesting it.
Now, they’ve basically got it narrowed down to the only sales codes available to add after the fact are ones that they make mopar add-on kits for (ie., remote start, power side steps for ram, things like that). There might be a few that they still allow, like passive entry for the jeeps, but if enough VINs start having it added, they’ll lock it down.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
This is absolutely not the case. There are sales codes that, even though they are available to be built with on a particular trim level, cannot be added after the fact at a dealer level. If someone asks to have XNY added to their VIN, it will be grayed out in dealerconnect. It’s not a matter of an unwilling dealer, there are just sales codes that they simply can’t access to add. Stellantis has been tightening up on this more and more- ram trucks started out that passive entry sales code was available to add, but engineering killed that after too many people were requesting it.
Now, they’ve basically got it narrowed down to the only sales codes available to add after the fact are ones that they make mopar add-on kits for (ie., remote start, power side steps for ram, things like that). There might be a few that they still allow, like passive entry for the jeeps, but if enough VINs start having it added, they’ll lock it down.
Wow, thanks for the update. Of course some things won't matter as they've become "standard equipment" on some if not all models, but that's good to know.
When I had some of mine done, it was simple, easy, no problem.
(passive entry is standard on Overland and Overland High Altitude now - not sure of the Rubicon or Mojave versions.)

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Is alfaobd app based too? Meant to ask the other day but got side tracked.
AlfaOBD is available as an app to run on a mobile device, and as a program to run on a PC. They will give you a discount for both, but each version has to be purchased for use.
Sponsored