Sponsored

who is getting the bluetooth speaker?

are you interested in the bluetooth speaker?

• Total voters

MotoBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2001 BMW M5, 2014 Yamaha WR250R, 2010 BMW R1200R,
Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
Just got my order in on 6/22, I wanted the Bluetooth speaker because my wife thought it was awesome. Unfortunately it was unavailable on the build screen, the boxes were just greyed out, just like the steel bumper group. BUT maybe I'll get lucky it will be included because I got the 8.4 and alpine?! It's a Rubicon package with just about every single option other than the safety tech and advanced safety tech... but I won't hold my beath. I know it's frivolous and a poor value, but I still hope I can add it after the fact!
Sponsored

The Acme Company

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE 2018 JLUR
I finally had the chance to retry the pairing process with my IPhone. I did not look at the instructions but I powered up the speaker and held down the Bluetooth button next to the power button until I got an audible alert. I was able to see the speaker on available Bluetooth devices on my IPhone—ironically labeled Jeep Speaker—but it would not pair. I let the speaker sit a few minutes and it seemed to power off due to a lack of activity. I pushed the power button down and held it, clicked the Jeep speaker in my Bluetooth settings and it paired.

Has a nice sound.

Hope this helps!

chilicon

First Name
Arielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
I powered up the speaker and held down the Bluetooth button next to the power button until I got an audible alert.
Weird, my speaker never makes this audible alert. It only makes the power on/off noise. I have not been able to successfully pair with my iphoneX, husband's iphoneX, dealer's phone (unsure, was an android device), or my macbook. Frustrating!

The Acme Company

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE 2018 JLUR
Weird, my speaker never makes this audible alert. It only makes the power on/off noise. I have not been able to successfully pair with my iphoneX, husband's iphoneX, dealer's phone (unsure, was an android device), or my macbook. Frustrating!
Turn it on again and hold down the button with the Bluetooth emblem.
You should get the audible if you hold it down long enough.

I paired it to my iPhone x

chilicon

First Name
Arielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Turn it on again and hold down the button with the Bluetooth emblem.
You should get the audible if you hold it down long enough.

I paired it to my iPhone x
How long did you have to hold it down? I held it for over a minute. No audible :(

Sponsored

Malarkey21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1993 BMW 325is, 2016 Triumph Street Twin
How long did you have to hold it down? I held it for over a minute. No audible :(
mine also will not go into the bluetooth pair mode. It turns on, it turns off. thats it.

Pretty bummed about this. Loving my gladiator but unimpressed that Alpine somehow has a problem with making a bluetooth speaker.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
You need to change your Apple Devices background color to BLUE . . . this is a know fact that applies only to Apple products and "bluetooth" devices ! If this fails then the only recourse is to Tint Your Teeth to Blue, that seems to work just as well . . . so "they" tell me ! ;)

Busboy

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
You need to change your Apple Devices background color to BLUE . . . this is a know fact that applies only to Apple products and "bluetooth" devices ! If this fails then the only recourse is to Tint Your Teeth to Blue, that seems to work just as well . . . so "they" tell me ! ;)
Having the same issue....not able to pair. I hear a sound when I power on the speaker but thats it. Waiting to hear back from the dealer if this is a issue that needs to be resolved by replacing the speaker. This sucks.

Alaska-HWY JK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon LJ 2007 JKU 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Having the same issue....not able to pair. I hear a sound when I power on the speaker but thats it. Waiting to hear back from the dealer if this is a issue that needs to be resolved by replacing the speaker. This sucks.
Ours doesn’t pair. Tried 2 at 2 other dealers and they wouldn’t pair either.

Sponsored

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
add another one, I tried this weekend, couldn't get it to pair.:swear:

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
39DB2AD4-0C04-4538-BEBE-2ABD7B203C59.jpeg
9163A274-0493-427C-9A9F-F1E962C7628F.jpeg
2736E977-7DD7-4208-A844-581EFBD61B41.jpeg
I have a simple and very inexpensive suggestion for y’all. I got a Venstar brand Bluetooth speaker for my bike. Yes I listen to rock while my wheels roll on my Specialized Roll bike. You can get this thing for about $45.00 delivered to your door, delivery included. It’s very small, about half the size of a beer can, fantastic sound. See the attached pictures. That’s my green bike.

As you may or may not know you can’t run your Jeep Bluetooth speaker when the car is running, only works when you are parked, like for a picnic. And I have listed the a Gladiator with that rear center speaker(the ninth speaker, a bass speaker). And I have listened to a Wrangler equipped with just 8 speakers. And to me that 9th bass speaker is not even needed, is overkill. I think it’s a waste of money to get it as well. I would suggest that you all think about getting just the factory standard 8 speakers and not have any more speakers behind the back seats. And without any speakers behind the back seats you would end up with a lot more storage space for your shotguns and/or rifles.

And spend just $45 for this Bluetooth speaker that you can store in your glovebox.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
39DB2AD4-0C04-4538-BEBE-2ABD7B203C59.jpeg
9163A274-0493-427C-9A9F-F1E962C7628F.jpeg
2736E977-7DD7-4208-A844-581EFBD61B41.jpeg
I have a simple and very inexpensive suggestion for y’all. I got a Venstar brand Bluetooth speaker for my bike. Yes I listen to rock while my wheels roll on my Specialized Roll bike. You can get this thing for about $45.00 delivered to your door, delivery included. It’s very small, about half the size of a beer can, fantastic sound. See the attached pictures. That’s my green bike.

As you may or may not know you can’t run your Jeep Bluetooth speaker when the car is running, only works when you are parked, like for a picnic. And I have listed the a Gladiator with that rear center speaker(the ninth speaker, a bass speaker). And I have listened to a Wrangler equipped with just 8 speakers. And to me that 9th bass speaker is not even needed, is overkill. I think it’s a waste of money to get it as well. I would suggest that you all think about getting just the factory standard 8 speakers and not have any more speakers behind the back seats. And without any speakers behind the back seats you would end up with a lot more storage space for your shotguns and/or rifles.

And spend just $45 for this Bluetooth speaker that you can store in your glovebox.
Hope that is a road bike. My pet peeve mountain biking is people who can't use earbuds and think I came to the forest to listen to their crappy music rather than enjoy nature. If you are biking in the city, then to each their own I guess.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
It’s a road bike and I don’t crank up the sound. I keep it at a respectable level.

Oh and I have all of my music on my phone and I have a phone mount attached to the handle bar. So I can select from my play lists as I get some good exercise.

JT614

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Overland '14 JGC Summit '04 TJ Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
Mine paired first attempt. Not iphone, Pixel 2 XL. The irony is that with child car seats in the back I won't be able to access the speaker to use it :headbang:
Sponsored