First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD Willys 2021 Hyundai Veloster N DCT
Occupation
Programmer
Appreciate all the responses! Im doing some calling around and talking to different companies, trying to see what my options are as far as aftermarket part coverage, stated value, etc and weighing my options.

I thought the same thing - when I had my Harley through Geico they covered aftermarket parts no problem. Apparently for cars its different? They specifically said winches and off-road parts I.E. bumpers and skid plates would not be covered and they dont offer additional coverage that can be purchased for that stuff.. sooo shopping time haha.
Lol well if you buy the right bumper and skid plates, you don't need coverage for those parts :). IF you damage your skid plate beyond repair on the road I'd be surprised if you had a jeep anymore to put it on lol.

I get it though someone pulls in front of you and whacks your bumper/winch. that is not a cheap thing to fix out of pocket. Especially after possibly needing to pay the deductible etc too for w/e else gets banged up.
Sponsored

arneb04

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Working
I have progressive. Nobody around me can touch what I pay them for 6 months which I believe was $297 this last term. They allow you to add coverages for “custom parts and/or equipment” which I don’t believe is capped or has a pretty high cap.

OP
OP
ShastaJT6

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
Lol well if you buy the right bumper and skid plates, you don't need coverage for those parts :). IF you damage your skid plate beyond repair on the road I'd be surprised if you had a jeep anymore to put it on lol.

I get it though someone pulls in front of you and whacks your bumper/winch. that is not a cheap thing to fix out of pocket. Especially after possibly needing to pay the deductible etc too for w/e else gets banged up.
Exactly. I dont want my vehicle rebuilt with OEM parts and have them pretend its fixed. If theres another $3000 or whatever amount of parts that need to get put on to rebuild it to what it was before the hypothetical accident, then its not fixed.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
And Nationwide is definitely not on your side. They allow no mods whatsoever!

JAVIERGONZO

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Navy
Man Progressive gave me the sickest deal out of all of them, Geico, USAA, etc. But im also 27 years old so, mines probably higher than most of you guys just off that fact alone.

Sponsored

NotmyJt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
I’ve been with Progressive for a long time. Honestly never even think about checking prices from other places. I got in an accident in my old Jeep and they covered the winch and KC fog lights that got damaged plus powder coating my aftermarket bumper (no actual damage to bumper). I didn’t pay for any extra coverage or anything for it either. I will say this was probably 7-8 years ago and everyone else experience might be different but that was mine

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I have AAA Insurance. We've been using them for years. Last check, they were the same price as Liberty Mutual with better coverage.

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I was in an accident back in May. Currently I'm covered by Auto Owners who did cover the repair of my vehicle, but I don't feel they stepped up and covered my needs (they're customer) (ie rental) through the course of my claim. I was not at fault in my accident and my assumption was that my insurance would cover my needs until the conclusion of my repair and I had my vehicle back ... they cancelled my rental 1 month in and left me hanging providing little guidance. My conclusion is that insurance companies are essentially the same.

99ls1tj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE
Occupation
machinist
I have progressive and pay $373 for six months with 250k, 500k, 100k liability and 1k collision ded. I just renewed and the pirce jumped up quite a bit for some reason.

Cheef16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I have Progressive but looking to switch because of rising rates. When I went with them several years ago they were by far the cheapest/best value. I've had no claims, clean driving history, no teenagers and my rates have gone up dramatically relative to other available carriers. Worst part is that Progressive's max policy length is only 6 months, so they get two opportunities each year to jack up your rates (and they certainly have in my case!). I've changed vehicles over that time span so it's hard to say exactly how much my rates have gone up but there is no savings with Progressive now compared to other insurers for me compared to more than 30% savings four years ago.

Sponsored

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
I have USAA and I think they cover up to $5,000 in custom parts.

I do wonder if your company would cover the cost of the OEM parts that would have been on the truck otherwise. Or would you just lose that money too???

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
Good to see some of these other quotes. I am 670 6mos Progressive and that is excluding my wife. It might be because i'm in Orlando. I will check for a better rate tomorrow.

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
Progressive is a great Company and I have my Bike insured through them.

House, wife's RX, and soon to be Mohave will all be USAA. Been with them almost 40 years and they take good care of me.

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep JT Willys, 2005 350z con
I also have geico and spoke to a rep a few months ago. They told me that everything would be covered but i would have to give them a list of upgrades. If it went over a certian amount there would be an additional premium, i havent had time to compile a list but i will soon because i am over the 10k mark in mods.

flyil

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator HA Snazzberry
I have progressive. Nobody around me can touch what I pay them for 6 months which I believe was $297 this last term. They allow you to add coverages for “custom parts and/or equipment” which I don’t believe is capped or has a pretty high cap.
I pay a similar amount to Progressive for my Gladiator, with maxed out liability, low deductibles, full gap coverage. About 1/2 of what I paid on a 2007 Chrysler 300. Best deal I've ever had on auto insurance.
Sponsored