Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I think the issue with any silver wheels is that most other exteriors accessories are black. Besides that, I don’t think they’re THAT bad, depending on the paint color. I’ve got Gobi so that’s a giant no-go.
I'm have been planning on doing the same, but I've had higher priority's to do first and I have a second set waiting to do it too. :like:
Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I realize many, if not most, of the people here will upgrade their wheels. I'm sure FCA realizes that too. But why are the Sport wheels the most boring ugly wheels known to civilized man, and the Overland wheels the the most Honda Accord looking truck wheel/tire combo I've ever seen? Rubicon's are ok, actually stylish and easy to work around for just doing a tire swap. But the god awful Sport and Overland choices make it so hard to look at a stock JT. Am I alone?
This is the classic complex question fallacy. The question "Why?" assumes that the unasked question "Are the stock wheels bad? " has already been answered in the affirmative. Which for many, it has not.

Horde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland. 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I like my Overland Wheels. They suite the trim level. Its the tires that they came with I'm not too happy about but can live with.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I like my Overland Wheels. They suite the trim level. Its the tires that they came with I'm not too happy about but can live with.
I figure the stock tires will serve me well running around until I retire in about three years. Then I will get some suitable All Terrain tires. Same wheels, same tire size. Not into lifting and up-sizing tires.

Sponsored

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I’m keeping my Mojave stock ones there fine and I’ll get different tires when the stock ones wear out

BT911

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator sport S
Occupation
Firefighter
I like my sport s rims. They just needed bigger tires. Do I want the tan Black Rhinos? Eventually. But they look good for now.
I like my sport s rims. They just needed bigger tires. Do I want the tan Black Rhinos? Eventually. But they look good for now.

Jeep Gladiator Why are the stock wheels so bad? CFDD26DA-1C27-4BA8-9DA1-DFB99AE8CE8F
That looks great!! That’s the look I’m looking for. What size tires are those and did they require any other modifications to make them fit?

Xwelder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tow Max
Occupation
Aviation Maintenance
Stock sport s wheels with 35’s and leveled. I like the look quite a lot

Jeep Gladiator Why are the stock wheels so bad? D0A9CB1C-4031-4574-A771-AEC5383E55B2

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Your alone on this one as far as I'm concerned. My stock wheels were one of the reasons I bought mine and I got no intention of changing them

Jeep Gladiator Why are the stock wheels so bad? PXL_20200913_201537030

Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
JeeperJamie
I think the OEM base sport steel rims look good too, if I'd found a set I would probably have them on mine. As of now I'll be waiting on a Plast Dip kit to do on a set of Sport S rims.

Hworkcvo

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, jeep jk, jeep gc
Occupation
Highway
I liked the stock wheels on my willys version. Kept them and mounted some 35s on it.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Your alone on this one as far as I'm concerned. My stock wheels were one of the reasons I bought mine and I got no intention of changing them

Agree, I really like the stock Overland wheels.

1GladEWAL

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S "Russeltosis" or "RT"
Occupation
Glazier
I am surprised nobody mentioned rotational weight. The stock Duelers on my Sport S weigh #33.
Compare that with Wildpeak A/T3W at #63 for 285/70/17 and you're adding #120 of rotational weight. I dislike the stock tire/wheels as well, but that's a lot of extra weight to push around.
However, if there is a practical need for more traction, higher weight rating or added clearance it can be justified. I tend to use mine 90% on the street for pickup truck type things, so putting lots of rubber under it seems impractical. That and I'm terribly cheap and can't see buying new wheels and tires when the existing ones are perfectly adequate. Ugly, but adequate.

Chetcpo

First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport 2016 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
S

Same here. What lift is that? Are those 35s? I like it.
Sponsored