First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
Does someone make a bracket to move the winch controller? I have a smittybuild winch and the bracket that came with it mounts it offset to the left of the winch. I monkeyed with it so that it is somewhat centered, I would like to just hide it behind the skidplate or in the engine bay.. anyone have some ideas?

20210421_181207.jpg
Sponsored

Rozik169

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator overland
Occupation
Pa turnpike
Dude that eBay bumper looks all jacked up maybe u got a bad one send it back

OP
OP
kooltoys

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
Get out of here with your sport max toe bull shit..

Last edited:

Rozik169

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator overland
Occupation
Pa turnpike
I don’t have max tow I’m just saying your winch looks crooked maybe the winch plate is off. Your z looks good

OP
OP
kooltoys

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
I don’t have max tow I’m just saying your winch looks crooked maybe the winch plate is off. Your z looks good
as stated I messed around with the controller bracket to mount it centered rather then over the left side of the winch.. I just dont like it visable.. someone else mentioned phantom winch and putting the cover back over it.. I like that idea but need to relocate the controller to do so

Sponsored

OP
OP
kooltoys

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
AV Design/Programming

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
I installed my XRC 9.5k this morning. I agree the mounting of the control box leaves much to be desired. First time doing this, and I was working on a few hours sleep.

1. Instructions were pretty terrible.

2. The flip plate mount I have has to be installed upside down because of the SB marketing (WA requires front plates).

3. There is this ll much space between the winch spreader bars and the grille trim piece. Seriously. Like a 1/32" gap. I have an ATC plate. I would have preferred a little more room.

4. Because of the winch placement, I can't run the control box centered, like my CDO wants me to (that's OCD to most everyone else).

5. The aux power (blue and white) isn't long enough to reach the aux spot in the fuse box. AND they didn't pair it with the positive cable, even though they are supposed to go to the same place.

5b. That blue & white wire? That lights up the SB logo on the controller box... and has to be routed to the AUX block, not the + post, where it would drain the battery. Instructions vs diagram induce confusion.

6. The plastic boots for the power to the winch motor I forgot about, and they aren't mentioned in the instructions (or I glossed over them). So I had to take the winch out and unwire it, put the boots on, and rewire and reinstall the winch.

7. The fairlead bolts only come with 1 flat washer and one lock washer per bolt. Yet the holes are huge, especially on the bumper and the front filler plate. I found some flat washers so I have them on both the outside.

8. The passenger interior bumper nuts are a PITA, but I found I could start the bottom nut with a deep socket, 8" extension, then add a 3" extension, and finally throw a ratchet on it. The top one was similar, but a lot easier. Driver side is easy.

9. For Jeep to think of a lot of things, they missed a really easy one - a vertical conduit for wiring that would be going from the battery to the front bumper.

Now I need to plug the bumper holes (or throw the bolts back in it w/ new nuts); two will be mounts for off road lights. I might look for a better hook setup and get rid of the clevis that came with the winch.

Overall, with hand tools, it took me about 4 hours by myself. It rained last night, so I was dealing with drips. I hate that.

I have a battery disconnect that I'll be adding, so that will allow me to tidy up the hood wiring.

Jeep Gladiator winch controller relocate 64219571266__9DDE7C19-309D-4E00-861D-382B3AEB8A2A

64219571266__9DDE7C19-309D-4E00-861D-382B3AEB8A2A.jpg

Puch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Electronics technician
Does someone make a bracket to move the winch controller? I have a smittybuild winch and the bracket that came with it mounts it offset to the left of the winch. I monkeyed with it so that it is somewhat centered, I would like to just hide it behind the skidplate or in the engine bay.. anyone have some ideas?
You could take the control box apart and relocate it under the hood. I also move the plug for the hand controls and the switch for the wireless.

20210421_181207.jpg
3A43354D-28D8-4B6A-BA84-09C458956F08.jpeg

AD12A02E-7501-45A7-8480-B719FAE33C5B.jpeg

3D7E8DF5-5953-4454-AB8D-5368B2D6DD1C.jpeg

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Yep I moved the box on mine to the right of it inside the bumper since I had space. I made my own bracket, most expensive part was the wire I needed to make so I could move it.

you can move it anywhere if you have enough wire really. That think stuff is pricey though.

Jeep Gladiator winch controller relocate 1620661042877

Sponsored

LOGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon
Yep I moved the box on mine to the right of it inside the bumper since I had space. I made my own bracket, most expensive part was the wire I needed to make so I could move it.

you can move it anywhere if you have enough wire really. That think stuff is pricey though.

Jeep Gladiator winch controller relocate 1620661042877
Is that the 9.5 or 12k gen 3? Trying to figure out what will fit in the same bumper.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Is that the 9.5 or 12k gen 3? Trying to figure out what will fit in the same bumper.
Not sure on the gen. I know its a 12k that came with synthetic.
Sponsored