Winch Plate Compatability

jsouthard7

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator JTR Launch Edition, Jeep Wrangler JKUR, Jeep Wrangler TJ
I don’t think that anyone is arguing that the bumpers between the JL and JT aren’t identical, they are...

In my scenario warn sends optional reinforcement brackets that required grinding off in order to mount the reinforcement brackets. They might not even have those bolts on all JT’s but they were present on my launch edition. My buddy has an 19 JLUR and he doesn’t have those boots. If you are only mounting a winch mount plate you will not have any issues for sure. The side reinforcement brackets are what i was talking about.

Anyways, just posting as FYI. Mine is mounted and have no issues.
Sponsored

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
Dang, all y’all spellin Po-lease are a pack of real fart smellers......uh, I mean smart fellers

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
I will admit that I have not had the endurance to watch and read all of the reviews and a forum search came up dry so I will ask the team and see what y'all know. Will the winch plate for the steel bumper option JL cross over to the JT? I am about to explode and not write it as wench plate like I see so often. As for me, my wench rides in the passenger seat not the front bumper. If you did convince yours to ride outside please tell me how you did it.
Love it! My 3.5 year old son corrected my wife just last night! "Mom, it's call a winch hook! It's not called a wench!" I will say that she knows it's a winch and he just heard her wrong, but still.....

New poll:

Is it a winch or a wench?

Based upon your answer, did you graduate the 8th grade?

[Creates new forum for those that answer 'wench'. Starts first thread about usage of 'Their', 'There' and 'They're' in the English language. Laughs at each subsequent contribution.]

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
So aside from the $500-600 Mopar one, and the Maximus plate, are there any others that work with a JL/JT Mopar steel bumper and do not require cutting/bending?

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
There are plenty of them. It's hard NOT to find a bunch with a basic search. I just did a Maximus-3 and I will tell you that both my helper and I were *very* impressed with the completeness of the instruction manual, and the build quality is superb. It's expensive but worth it.

I also added the shackle loops, and THAT part required cutting. The winch plate does not.

Jeep Gladiator Winch Plate Compatability IMG_6599

Last edited:

Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Rugged Ridge Sparatacus plate and the Mopar steel bumper are compatible. The winch is not perfectly centered, but close enough.

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Mech Engineer/MBA/Entrepreneur
Just received my Gladiator launch edition on Friday and ordered the JL warn winch mount for the JT OEM steel bumper. I can confirm that it fits with a small modification. There is a bracket that has a thread in it for the OEM skid plate under the bumper, that bracket had what appears to be useless Threaded nuts welded to it and i had to cut/grind them off and paint the bracket to get the warn brackets to work.

However, it was a quick fix and everything else lined up. i am running a warn 12-s platinum and it fits.

Easier to use a breaker bar and a socket and twist the nuts off vs the die grinder.
Sponsored