First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S, '17 Camaro SS, '10 BMW 328
Build Thread
Link
Decided to switch up the placement of the remote chuck for my on board air! Currently my ARB compressor is located in the drivers wheel well.

Parts:
6SS58TZZAC - OEM 4xE cowl
68467793AD - OEM 4xE charging door
ARB 171314 Remote hose kit
ARB 0740203 Stainless Steel hose

Placement of compressor:
Jeep Gladiator Wrangler 4XE charge port cowl repurposed for ARB on-board air connection 1629207802562

ARB stainless steel hose routed up to cowl:
Jeep Gladiator Wrangler 4XE charge port cowl repurposed for ARB on-board air connection 1629207911846

ARB remote chuck mounting bracket:
Jeep Gladiator Wrangler 4XE charge port cowl repurposed for ARB on-board air connection 1629207952541

It's not perfectly centered but there is no issues accessing the chuck or removing the hose when needed. I'm not some master fabricator but if you are, you could design a bracket that would raise it a little bit:
Jeep Gladiator Wrangler 4XE charge port cowl repurposed for ARB on-board air connection 1629208063577

Still needs some paint, then it will be complete!
Jeep Gladiator Wrangler 4XE charge port cowl repurposed for ARB on-board air connection 1629208094018
Jeep Gladiator Wrangler 4XE charge port cowl repurposed for ARB on-board air connection 1629208101573

1629208046625.jpeg
Sponsored

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
You are going to end up on a "spy shots" blog somewhere confirming that the 4xe Gladiator is coming.

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I had this exact same idea, may I ask how much the cowl and door were? 4XE is not avail in Canada yet, according to my local dealer. going to be getting two as likely the wife will want the same once I do it to mine, lol

Edit: Just got word that these parts are now available in Canad, but Sweet Jeezus are they costly here $500 for all the parts necessary to install.....according to them there are three parts the two mentioned in this post and another, I'm going to the parts department to find out what they are, MTF.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
mjoneil

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Someone had a whole kit with switches and the connector hose all flush mounted. It wasn't the 4xe exactly but same idea.

Jeep Gladiator Wrangler 4XE charge port cowl repurposed for ARB on-board air connection 1629210937521
yeah someone had shown that to me! It's from Jeeps wayout concept which was shown in early 2019. Don't think anything came from it though... maybe opportunity for an aftermarket company

Jeep Gladiator Wrangler 4XE charge port cowl repurposed for ARB on-board air connection 1629211235207

OP
OP
mjoneil

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
If you wanted to I bet you could get the interior panel with the opening out of there, and grind down some ABS to fit and then have at it.
Yeah i've never worked with ABS but believe me I wish I could make something clean like the wayout concept.

Sponsored

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
Fill the "e" logo before paint. If you have the skills, cutting in a patch to smooth it out would be even better.

An interior panel seems like easy work for a 3d printer. Especially if it's already ABS. With some pretty simple metal work bracketry, you could fully replicate the Wayout concept's panel under the "e" cover.

Maybe take it to a custom shop, and get them to run their brains over it for a few minutes. You're not talking big bucks here.

OP
OP
mjoneil

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Fill the "e" logo before paint. If you have the skills, cutting in a patch to smooth it out would be even better.

An interior panel seems like easy work for a 3d printer. Especially if it's already ABS. With some pretty simple metal work bracketry, you could fully replicate the Wayout concept's panel under the "e" cover.

Maybe take it to a custom shop, and get them to run their brains over it for a few minutes. You're not talking big bucks here.
I did take it apart a few minutes ago to look at it and it's out of my skill set. If I were to go the 3d printer/ABS route, I would need to set the panel back to allow room to close the door with the chuck being so large. Then I wouldn't know how to mold it together as the inside of the cowl starts to curve so it wouldn't be as easy as mounting a flat piece of ABS in there. The door itself is not plastic, it's decently heavy and has a "bed liner" finish to it. I plan on just painting the cowl and not the door itself.
Jeep Gladiator Wrangler 4XE charge port cowl repurposed for ARB on-board air connection IMG_9434