Strick

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
JT the Silver Bullet

Of course it’s silver and being a Jeep; I thought bullet was an adequate description.

Diaster

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Teacher-Retired Firefighter
Some people here berate naming an inanimate object, namely the Jeep. Saying it’s.... this or that. As humans we have Been naming stuff for hundreds of years. Nimitz, Enterprise, Hood, Bismarck, Dallas, Washington, Panther, Tiger, Falcon, Viper, Eagle, Abrams, Kalashnikov, Colt, Peacemaker, Trident. As opposed to ship, tank, fighter, gun, missle model numbers etc. Example the F-16 named the Falcon is called a Viper by its drivers, The F-14 was known as a Turkey in stead of its official name TomCat (lots of rudder input on landing looks like a turkey coming in. Matter of Fact a corvette, actually a C6 or C7 etc was named after a fast excite fighting ship. I personally don’t give my vehicles a “pet” name but I am also not one to put down those who do, no matter how politely it was said, it didn’t need to be said!

Sponsored

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
White Dog

Because my Gladiator is white (duh) and I'm a bourbon drinker.

White dog, the unaged spirit distilled from fermented mash in bourbon production

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Samson

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
Some people here berate naming an inanimate object, namely the Jeep. Saying it’s.... this or that. As humans we have Been naming stuff for hundreds of years. Nimitz, Enterprise, Hood, Bismarck, Dallas, Washington, Panther, Tiger, Falcon, Viper, Eagle, Abrams, Kalashnikov, Colt, Peacemaker, Trident. As opposed to ship, tank, fighter, gun, missle model numbers etc. Example the F-16 named the Falcon is called a Viper by its drivers, The F-14 was known as a Turkey in stead of its official name TomCat (lots of rudder input on landing looks like a turkey coming in. Matter of Fact a corvette, actually a C6 or C7 etc was named after a fast excite fighting ship. I personally don’t give my vehicles a “pet” name but I am also not one to put down those who do, no matter how politely it was said, it didn’t need to be said!
You're right. It's been going on for years. We named our 4 wheelers too. I even named my personal weapons like we do in the military. Sometimes it's just fun and cool!

TREDpunk

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Wage Slave
Huge Star Wars fan here, and Rogue One is currently at the top of my list so...
Jeep Gladiator Your Jeep's name 93323016_10213288888615537_7958797346945368064_o
Right on!

My brand new white JT was immediately named TK421. Awaiting the decals now.

Mike White

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2006 TJ, 1979 MGB
Occupation
Nuclear Emergency Planner
Mine would have to be 40 on the side and "Mississippi" on the fantail.

We have a guy at work with a grey JKU. He has hull numbers on it. I think he was a sub guy.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
You kind of went tit-for-tat in that one, didn’t you?

Simply stating that I don’t name inanimate objects is not berating anyone. It’s called making a statement.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FishChowder

FishChowder

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Cmax
I have never named any of my cars but I think when I get my jeep it might get a name. It just seems that jeeps and their owners have a different repport conoared to other cars.

I suppose I could start a poll and ask which do you more pictures of, your jeep or your kids. To me, a jeep is just another member of the family and is deserving of a name.

Rick Behrendt

First Name
Boats
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, 2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4 Camper van.
Occupation
Retired US COAST GUARD
Ours is called "Dunder Jeep II". My wife always thought the AC/DC song "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" was "Dirty Deeds Dunder Jeep" so our old TJ was called Dunder Jeep, Dunder for short, when we got the JT it became Dunder II. I know kind of stupid but funny.
Sponsored