First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
My wife called it an ugly butt monkey when I brought it home. Its growing on her but she still thinks her 14 JK Sahara is prettier!
Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Who’s butt the guys kids friend’s mom?

Really guys Jeeps have never won beauty contests as there really isn’t anything on all models of Jeeps from the CJ2A to JT that was not designed as functional need rather then looks. They are ugly functional vhehicles that’s inner beauty shows through and is almost ageless, compared to most everything else that is following the latest styling trend and will look old and obsolete with next model release!......Jack

PS: then again Mojave and Rubicon hood scoops from factory are useless and non funtional!
I think my model Y looks like a pregnant catfish. I don’t care it’s fun to drive and the fuel comes from my rooftop.

the gladiator won’t have that advantage sadly but it’s still awesome . I’m all about utility

689FF902-8119-4B80-AC71-30B7FFB6965D.jpeg

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Mine is called the LEGO Truck

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Few things uglier than my Vanagon but I fell in love with her. They can be made to look better, just like the Gladiator. Eh, to each his or her own. For me, form follows function, but I like the look of both!

Jeep Gladiator Your truck is Ugly!? 689FF902-8119-4B80-AC71-30B7FFB6965D
do you live in Point Loma by chance?

Sponsored

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
If I can get my hands on one of these, I'm gonna. My neighbor said he knows of one not far from us but so far the guy won't let go of it. (small block chevy in it but I can sure change that!)

Anyone note any family resemblance between these and the JT?
I guess I don't see it......

Jeep Gladiator Your truck is Ugly!? 689FF902-8119-4B80-AC71-30B7FFB6965D
reminds me of the tow truck from the cartoon "Cars", lol.....but would still rather have that than a Porsche, or Tesla

EstoJTR

First Name
Erx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 2014 Cayman S, 2020 RDX Advance
Actually I overheard one of my neighbour's wife say "it's ugly" when pedaling by on their bikes one day while I was inside of it putting on grab handles(they didn't know I was in there). I almost yelled out "you're ugly" but then conquered the 6 yo me, and went about my business.

That said, I wouldn't call any angle of this thing aesthetically beautiful by any measure, but you kind of have to understand going into it that this thing is all about the utility, fun, and cool factor of taking pieces (roof, doors) off and then also putting some cool stuff (winch, lift, lights, bumpers) on to customize. It's not built to win any beauty contests, or be a mantle display piece. Take the aesthetics out of your mind, and enjoy it for what it's for: venturing out into the unknown, or maybe just the less traveled, with the sh*t eating grin on your face.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Ask 'em if their beautiful truck can do this..........

(unloading after getting back from town buying new window blinds, fly traps and killer (shop has thousands of flies everywhere!) and other fun stuff)

Jeep Gladiator Your truck is Ugly!? 20200925_150716_HDR

Jeep Gladiator Your truck is Ugly!? 20200925_164244_HDR

Sponsored

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
I followed this truck on this forum for probably a year before they revealed it. i was not a member until right before I bought. The renderings that we were looking at looked better than the Sport that came out and was within my budget. When the truck was revealed I was a little disappointed in the look but over the next year or so it grew on me enough that I am a happy new owner.

Sanganois

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2018 Ram 2500
Occupation
retired
Being nondescript is worse than being ugly. I currently have a Gladiator and previously had two Land Cruisers and the current 200 series is boring, they would do better to go back their past and blend the old bodies with new technology. You go down the road today and you can't tell a LC from Sequioa or a frick from a frack. The Jeep stands out and probably so will the Bronco.

J-GriffsGlad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Geologist
honestly i was iffy on the looks at first. With factory small tires on them, they do look a little out of place.
Amen. I think the stock Overland is god awful actually (larger wheels make the stock tires look even more dinky, painted fenders and top? Yuck). Anything but Rubicon / Mojave stock looks wayyyyy too long and low. But with even 1" of front lift and 33"+ tires changes everything. Best looking truck on the market after that adjustment.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting take since the difference between a 17" wheel and an 18" wheel is only 1/2" from center. In other words, when you look at the wheel, you are seeing only .5" difference next to the tire.
I guess I can't see .5" next to the tire myself so I don't mind.

I have Rubicon tires and the stock Overland tires. I switch back and forth depending on season and road conditions. Frankly, they sit the same height when mounted but the aggressive tread makes them look larger. The only real difference is the width.
I do like the looks of a bit wider tire and a more aggressive tread, but there's no real height difference.

Me - I think 20" and bigger rims with low sidewall tires on a truck, well....... just as bad as when they put huge rims and tires with a 1" sidewall on an Explorer or similar.

Both pics below are the same truck.
The top pic is with Rubicon springs on the front, lifting it just under 1".
Bottom pic is all stock, original springs, Rubicon tires and wheels

Jeep Gladiator Your truck is Ugly!? 20200917_112616_HDR

Jeep Gladiator Your truck is Ugly!? new-tires-in-drive-2

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
My truck is so damn sexy. I haven't had anyone actually tell me it's ugly. Had a lady tell me I had a "nice rig". And some creepy guy driving a beat up van tell me he liked my Jeep...and had Jeep parts in his van...well not the second part thank goodness.
Sponsored