Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
My truck is so damn sexy. I haven't had anyone actually tell me it's ugly. Had a lady tell me I had a "nice rig". And some creepy guy driving a beat up van tell me he liked my Jeep...and had Jeep parts in his van...well not the second part thank goodness.
That's all I've ever heard - even had a few women ask about it as their husbands were interested in Jeeps, or the JT specifically. I've had at least 3 or 4 guys walk out of their way and compliment the truck, some love the color, others the whole thing.
Not a single person has made a negative comment about it.
Sponsored

hotshot

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automation Tech
Hey Guys and Gals too,
Dont worry too much most people are just envious. All my neighbors love my Gladiator my paper lady, older gal came up to me in a local resturant and ask me if that gorgeous vehicle outside my house was mine. I told her sure is. Had it two days took it up the mountain where we hunt, my friend said your not taking it up there i told we sure are thats what i got it for, we got to the top there was a pond about 3 feet deep, he said ol man no problems. Great vehicle it is a Jeep in every aspect. Love your Jeep dont care what others think.

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
Ask 'em if their beautiful truck can do this..........

(unloading after getting back from town buying new window blinds, fly traps and killer (shop has thousands of flies everywhere!) and other fun stuff)

20200925_150716_HDR.jpg

20200925_164244_HDR.jpg
Man, Look at all that lawn. Probably get arrested here in California for having that much lawn. Looks so lovely though.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Man, Look at all that lawn. Probably get arrested here in California for having that much lawn. Looks so lovely though.
That's looking east, across the drive is my neighbor's lawn.
Mine is about double that, 2.5 acres (3 if you could the road right-of-way)

This is looking east, a few feet from the wooded area behind me.
The "barn" is my shop.
We are surrounded by wooded areas to the south, SW and west.

Jeep Gladiator Your truck is Ugly!? maple-tree-2019 006

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
The back end does look like it's missing something to me but a cap or rack fixes that quickly.
my Alu-Cab fixed that

My neighbor has a Nissan Juke, talk about ugly!
I think the JT grows on you, at least that's what I keep telling myself.

My wife loves it, which is huge!
see i like most things weird. The juke is weird, I like it.
Even when I bought mine I didn’t like the way it looked with the small factory tires. I knew it wouldn’t stay like that for long, so it didn’t bother me. Now after a 3.5 lift and 35s I think it’s one of the best looking trucks around.:jk:
I hated the stock Sport wheels, looks way better with LE wheels/tires My buddy's Ridgeline Black Edition's wheels/tires look pittiful. So much gap, so little tire. I give him shit weekly. =)
Ugly? I consider the look as unique. Hell, I drove a 2006 Subaru Baja (turbo 5MT) for 14 years and loved that thing!
My wife's least favorite vehicle, then the El Camino. I think they're smart.

I've had about 80% love the jeep 20% diss me. My favorite comment made to me. Fueled up on the day I brought it home. Gal at gas station said, "Is that a Jeep or a truck?" "BOTH!"

I got the opportunity to drive behind a JT for 15 miles or so last weekend. Wow, the backend looks narrow. I love the look. The interior/exterior is perfect for me. Drove a buddy's F150, it was like a tank, lol.

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
Being nondescript is worse than being ugly. I currently have a Gladiator and previously had two Land Cruisers and the current 200 series is boring, they would do better to go back their past and blend the old bodies with new technology. You go down the road today and you can't tell a LC from Sequioa or a frick from a frack. The Jeep stands out and probably so will the Bronco.
Agreed. Not a lot of vehicles with any character out there.

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That's looking east, across the drive is my neighbor's lawn.
Mine is about double that, 2.5 acres (3 if you could the road right-of-way)

This is looking east, a few feet from the wooded area behind me.
The "barn" is my shop.
We are surrounded by wooded areas to the south, SW and west.

I might get in trouble just looking at these vast lawns. You have a beautiful property. Makes me consider moving out of California. Lol

GrubbyBaja

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 6-speed
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Any Subaru (w/ 2.5) = head gasket issues!
Respectfully disagree. Turbos were a semi closed deck block with MLS head gaskets, in addition to a lower compression ratio than the NA (unless skinny pedal made boost gauge go clockwise). The turbo 2.5 would go to 200k if you kept it stock and didn’t drive it like a 16 year old kid.

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I can tell you this much. The majority of women and kids I have spoken to absolutely love the Gladiator. The only ones I have heard people saying that someone has given them flavor about it has bee. I large part guys. Seems to me there is more jealousy at play here than there is the truck actually being ugly by any means. For me, I loved the concept immensely. The forst time I saw one had the skinny tires and while I would not have said it was ugly it was more of a lack of thoughtful reflection. Once I really looked at them closer, I knew it was just exactly what I wanted. Anyway, I don’t think it is ugly at all and those making those type statements are either just plain jealous or haters In general.

Sponsored

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
I feel like with the Gladiator you love the look or you think it’s ugly, but mostly l like how it’s from one extreme to another. Why? Because just like the scrambler they had a hard time selling them and we’re only produced from 1981-1985 and now they are a collectible. JTs were built for the folks that have been begging for it for years. Although some people might think it’s ugly it will always be an eye catcher and a collectible. I get tired of seeing 50 million wranglers and the same car over and over. Any one that owns a gladiator will always own a unique vehicle. On the plus side if for some reason they stop producing JTs we can always get our parts from JLs. ;)

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I feel like with the Gladiator you love the look or you think it’s ugly, but mostly l like how it’s from one extreme to another. Why? Because just like the scrambler they had a hard time selling them and we’re only produced from 1981-1985 and now they are a collectible. JTs were built for the folks that have been begging for it for years. Although some people might think it’s ugly it will always be an eye catcher and a collectible. I get tired of seeing 50 million wranglers and the same car over and over. Any one that owns a gladiator will always own a unique vehicle. On the plus side if for some reason they stop producing JTs we can always get our parts from JLs. ;)
Well said. I think the gladiator will slowly build steam and stick around longer than the scrambler. At least I hope so. Because when you look at it compared to other midsized trucks, it competes really well. It’s a legit good truck, with some major off road capabilities.

As it is now, I think the gladiator is mostly unknown to the public. No one knew what the gladiator was when I bought mine, last month. Even when they saw it, they didn’t quite get it.

It stills needs to build a reputation of being a bad ars truck.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I can tell you this much. The majority of women and kids I have spoken to absolutely love the Gladiator. The only ones I have heard people saying that someone has given them flavor about it has bee. I large part guys. Seems to me there is more jealousy at play here than there is the truck actually being ugly by any means. For me, I loved the concept immensely. The forst time I saw one had the skinny tires and while I would not have said it was ugly it was more of a lack of thoughtful reflection. Once I really looked at them closer, I knew it was just exactly what I wanted. Anyway, I don’t think it is ugly at all and those making those type statements are either just plain jealous or haters In general.
Even my oldest son who saw pics of it that i posted said he was "slightly envious". He lives in FL with his family, is 38

Dennisbeyle

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator Retired
Well said. I think the gladiator will slowly build steam and stick around longer than the scrambler. At least I hope so. Because when you look at it compared to other midsized trucks, it competes really well. It’s a legit good truck, with some major off road capabilities.

As it is now, I think the gladiator is mostly unknown to the public. No one knew what the gladiator was when I bought mine, last month. Even when they saw it, they didn’t quite get it.

It stills needs to build a reputation of being a bad ars truck.
Ok I’ll jus’ say it this truck ain’t for sissy’s

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I used to hear the ugly Jeep comments a lot. My stock Overland was ugly, but after losing the all seasons and putting on 1.5” larger A/Ts, losing the bleachers for nicer looking side steps, matching window tint on the front windows, and blacking out the chrome emblems it looks so much better and I get compliments now. Most importantly, I like the look of it. I never liked the look of a stock Overland, but I knew that tires alone would make a world of difference and the deals on Overlands were huge when I bought mine.
Sponsored