Zautomotive Front Camera Install

CJtoJTR

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
FYI the Gladiator specific Camera bracket is out. Just got it so no idea how it works. I was planning to make the JL bracket work and then I heard this we out and contacted Zautomotive. They sent it to me for free. I’ll try to get some time to install and post a YT video.

9D03323D-AAC4-4F19-B093-2F5D4873FECA.jpeg
That’s great! I’m glad this bracket is finally available. I’m interested in seeing your post on the view with the new bracket. May be worth switching my mounting location too. Thanks for sharing this info!
Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
FYI the Gladiator specific Camera bracket is out. Just got it so no idea how it works. I was planning to make the JL bracket work and then I heard this we out and contacted Zautomotive. They sent it to me for free. I’ll try to get some time to install and post a YT video.

Did they really just send you a random part with no description or idea where/how it goes?

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
So I'm benefiting from being lazy! I wasn't hot to cut my grill insert and I wasn't happy with Quadratec so the FCA mount has been in my cart for months. Now I need to get off my butt and get that installed. Thanks for the info!

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security

Sponsored

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That’s great! I’m glad this bracket is finally available. I’m interested in seeing your post on the view with the new bracket. May be worth switching my mounting location too. Thanks for sharing this info!
I hope they have some instructions. If not I’ll try to figure it out. The Mopar center grill section for the camera equipped JTs is $33 so not overly alarmed if I screw up the grill insert. https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/grille-inserts-gladiator-jt

Mouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Mouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
The dealer installed the camera on my JTR. It was installed in mid-Jul. Not sure if it is the JL or JT version, but it fits the JT grill perfectly. Nothing was cut on the grill, but I do notice a very slight bend in the cross piece just below the camera. I never noticed that before snapping this picture. The camera is very secure in that position.

Sponsored

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Man that is strange. Hope they get something to you soon.
So I decided to just eyeball what this is going to take tonight and the bracket looks like it will just fit nicely with zero cutting. Sitting there loosely for a test fit. Gonna “sight it in” once all electronics touted and working. Probably don’t need additional instructions. Will try to take pics and video and post for the good of the group. Stay tuned.

7B8472EA-E754-4C8F-B5DD-62ED8935E679.jpeg

0E7B3A18-F430-4F7A-A016-171EBF9C02B1.jpeg

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So I decided to just eyeball what this is going to take tonight and the bracket looks like it will just fit nicely with zero cutting. Sitting there loosely for a test fit. Gonna “sight it in” once all electronics touted and working. Probably don’t need additional instructions. Will try to take pics and video and post for the good of the group. Stay tuned.

7B8472EA-E754-4C8F-B5DD-62ED8935E679.jpeg

0E7B3A18-F430-4F7A-A016-171EBF9C02B1.jpeg
Wiring started. Going through the passenger side wiring grommet under the glovebox [edit: this is the routing for manual transmission - autos can use the clutch plug on drivers side] . After some trial and error I settled on starting from inside, cutting the grommet from inside and outside with a utility knife then used a piece of Romex with the camera wiring harness electrical taped to get the wires through. Ran out of daylight. Stay tuned.

Jeep Gladiator Zautomotive Front Camera Install 262555AC-BE10-473E-9435-30B472B770FA

Jeep Gladiator Zautomotive Front Camera Install 197591A8-D18E-4D0B-9185-61CB092FC0CD

Last edited:

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Wiring started. Going through the passenger side wiring grommet under the glovebox [edit: this is the routing for manual transmission - autos can use the clutch plug on drivers side] . After some trial and error I settled on starting from inside, cutting the grommet from inside and outside with a utility knife then used a piece of Romex with the camera wiring harness electrical taped to get the wires through. Ran out of daylight. Stay tuned.

Jeep Gladiator Zautomotive Front Camera Install 197591A8-D18E-4D0B-9185-61CB092FC0CD

done Video posted JT specific bracket works well

Logan94605

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Things & Stuff
do you remember how you hooked up into the wiring harness with the rca video plug (the one with 2 wires). did you happen to pay attention which way you inserted the plug on the end of the wire into the red capped harness. it's got a small clip on one side...instructions say it clicks in...i heard or felt no click...and it didn't work....

as for where the hole is from the engine through the dash...it's in the upper left. if you remove the panel directly under the steering wheel...its very easy to access.
Watch this video...JT walks you through the whole process. I did it yesterday and it was easy peasy after you get over the idea of tearing apart your new truck.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Watch this video...JT walks you through the whole process. I did it yesterday and it was easy peasy after you get over the idea of tearing apart your new truck.
Glad this is helpful. Let me know if you have any questions.
Sponsored