First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
The stupid thing is I didn't notice it. I think the rims are fine but ...Was in a hurry and my tpms is disabled because the factory warning is just annoying and in the wrong range, even on road. Go enough offroad that even if it was fine it would be annoying
Damn, hope all is well.... what city were you in ? Your probably already aware, but you can change your TPMS parameters... I used a tazer, but I believe there are a couple other ways as well.....
Sponsored

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
let me clarify Because you are correct based on my response above.

“give it back” meant to the person driving the Jeep. “Leave it on the ground” meant if said person is not around. I don’t want someone touching my vehicles so I don’t touch others. So I leave it on the ground at the drivers door
Jeep Gladiator Show me your DUCKS ! 1667421318149

I do not like people messing with my truck either, but I do not think someone putting a duck on your truck is going to hurt it and is not worth getting upset over. And you reaction is more childish than putting ducks on Jeeps.

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
You have to start ducking.... maybe it will increase your chances.... the ole' better to give than receive.... maybe that will generate some duck karma for you...

But until then, here is a duck for you my friend ......
Jeep Gladiator Show me your DUCKS ! 1667421318149
Hey Michael, thanks!

Stifler

First Name
CHris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Cyber Geek
plenty of info out there on the subject... where, when and how it all began and why it continues. There are several links provided in this thread as well.
I know what it is about... I just dont "get" it lol

Sponsored

In3briatedPanda

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Freedom Edition Max Tow
Occupation
Automotive
ive gotten two ducks in as many years. IDK, my jeep sucks i guess. lol

PJZ

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD AEV370
Build Thread
Link
So I got "Hot Wheels'd" a while back at Disneyland. Definitely a first! Super clever and fun to receive. Was under my wiper at the end of the day. The fact that it was green like my JT was awesome (and XJ's are pretty amazing too). If it was from a forum member thank you!

Protip for D Land parking. If you are oversize they will wave you into the lot next to the tram station on the ground level. Always put the cargo box on the roof when going just to be sure we are over max. Learned this when driving our Transit van there in the past.

Given and received a number of ducks starting when I got my JK. Good family fun and sense of community. JT got ducked the first couple days by a neighbor and daughter driving her first jeep and ducking all the neighbors jeeps.

IMG_5904.jpeg

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
So I got "Hot Wheels'd" a while back at Disneyland. Definitely a first! Super clever and fun to receive. Was under my wiper at the end of the day. The fact that it was green like my JT was awesome (and XJ's are pretty amazing too). If it was from a forum member thank you!

Protip for D Land parking. If you are oversize they will wave you into the lot next to the tram station on the ground level. Always put the cargo box on the roof when going just to be sure we are over max. Learned this when driving our Transit van there in the past.

Given and received a number of ducks starting when I got my JK. Good family fun and sense of community. JT got ducked the first couple days by a neighbor and daughter driving her first jeep and ducking all the neighbors jeeps.

IMG_5904.jpeg
So what actually happened is, the guy/girl Jeeper had bought this for their kid and on their way to their car the kid threw a huge fit. So the parent took away their toy, put it on a deserving Jeep and told their kids: See, if you are not going to behave, you will never have a cool Jeep like that! 😈

Life lessons :)

Last edited:

PJZ

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD AEV370
Build Thread
Link
So what actually happened is, the guy/girl Jeeper had bought this for their kid and on their way to their car the kid threw a huge fit. So the parent took away their toy, put it on a deserving Jeep and told their kids: See, if you are not going to behave, you will never have a cool Jeep like that! 😈

Life lessons :)
Good life lesson for them!

Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Just got my ducks today from Amazon. So I just Duck'd another JT here at the MVA or what everyother state calls the DMV.

PXL_20221103_175525875.jpg

OldFloridaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
For those who haven't gotten ducks - I only give them to Jeeps that already have them. If I see a nice jeep driving down the road, I'll ask if they do the duck thing, and toss them one if they do. But in parking lots, it is limited to those Jeeps that already have one on display.

I'm trying to respect those who don't want to be included, but still brightening the day of those that do. So if you haven't gotten any but want some, you may want to plop one on your dash to invite others to join it...

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
I've only seen 1 duck (was on another Jeep) in the 13 months I've owned mine.

Waving is more common though, about a 50% chance in my experience among Wranglers and Gladiators.
Sponsored