Sponsored

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Writer, Sole Proprietor, Marketing Lead, Quality Assurance.
Passive Entry - Favorite Mod so far

This was by far the easiest step by step mod I've done so far. I ordered the complete kit from Allmoparparts.com and it arrived in4 days. I won't condemn you to my horrible video skills so I'll link the exact video I used and I didn't come across a single snag or complication. Total install time, both doors and programming with JSCAN (first time user also) took about 35 minutes.

Install Video I used, not me btw, and if he's on here thanks again :rock:

I would say that if you can takes your doors and tops off then you can do this, take your time and it's a cinch and GOD what a comfort mod. There's a couple of pre-existing wiring that need to check and make sure you have, luckily I did so all plug and play. I did also purchase the
OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner AND TTXSPP Cable Adaptor for Chrysler 12+8 Programming Cable Connector, along with a $23.99 VIN purchase for JSCAN.

Parts Links:
https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/psventryjtbsm.html

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08ZL4LRVK?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JFRFJG6?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

JSCAN downlaoded from Google Play Store and in-app 1 VIN purchase for $23.99

Sponsored

OP
OP
NeatFreq

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
JSCAN settings

ADAPTION --> PASSIVE ENTRY SETTINGS -->
Jeep Gladiator Passive Entry / Proximity Keyless Door Entry Install - Success!!! Screenshot_20230121_112604_OBD JScan

Settings in the order shown.

1) AP1 Left Front > Smart Switch
2) AP2 Right Front > Smart Switch
3) AP3 Left Rear > Smart Switch
4) AP4 Right Rear > Smart Switch
5) AP5 Trunk > Smart Switch
5) AP5 Trunk > Smart Switch
6) Passive Entry CSM - Radio options > Active
7) Passive Entry Present On/Off > Active

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Did you check out the huge long thread on this that started back in about 2020?
Dozens have done it. Mine went smoothly back then, even though it was only about 30 degrees in my garage and I still had the old dark fluorescent lighting in there at the time. So it was dark and cold.

I still have a list of the parts (Benny didn't have a kit back then) and the JSCAN settings I used.

These are all you really need because there's no trunk for these, no back or hatch with passive entry.

AP1 Left front > smart switch

AP2 right front > smart switch

Passive entry present > yes/ active

Passive entry CSM > yes/ active

The last one is to add the option to the settings in the radio. You can turn it on and off from the radio once that shows up after a few hours. I believe it stands for something like customer settings menu or similar.

A couple of the videos make it appear harder than it is - and those using power tools risk breaking screws as some have also found out. A couple of steps in one of the videos isn't really necessary but it must have made it easier for them when they did it.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Good work!

I think you only need AP1 and AP2. The other antennas aren't present.

OP
OP
NeatFreq

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Did you check out the huge long thread on this that started back in about 2020?
Dozens have done it. Mine went smoothly back then, even though it was only about 30 degrees in my garage and I still had the old dark fluorescent lighting in there at the time. So it was dark and cold.

I still have a list of the parts (Benny didn't have a kit back then) and the JSCAN settings I used.

These are all you really need because there's no trunk for these, no back or hatch with passive entry.

AP1 Left front > smart switch

AP2 right front > smart switch

Passive entry present > yes/ active

Passive entry CSM > yes/ active

The last one is to add the option to the settings in the radio. You can turn it on and off from the radio once that shows up after a few hours. I believe it stands for something like customer settings menu or similar.

A couple of the videos make it appear harder than it is - and those using power tools risk breaking screws as some have also found out. A couple of steps in one of the videos isn't really necessary but it must have made it easier for them when they did it.
I did plenty of searches but didn't find a true complete post, several posts put together, so I decided to share my experience and consolidate all the info I came across; also with current info as some of the posts were from 1 to 2 years old. Personally, I always hand loosen bolts before hitting with power tools, learned the hard way a few times myself in the past so made that a habit. I wasn't sure which settings on JSCAN so I played with a few and went with what I posted above, which does work, although I may try and go in and adjust based on your info to see the exact settings needed. Thank you for the reply and comments, I've seen you post numerous times as I'm still a newb to the forum, nice to have a post with a reply from Papa šŸ˜

Sponsored

OP
OP
NeatFreq

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Good work!

I think you only need AP1 and AP2. The other antennas aren't present.
Yeah that was the only thing I had to try and play around with (JSCAN settings), so I just wanted to post exactly what I did to make it work. Thanks for the comment/reply Cheers :like:

WoolyKris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Engineer
NeatFreq, thanks for posting!!! This will be my next project.

OP
OP
NeatFreq

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
NeatFreq, thanks for posting!!! This will be my next project.
You're very welcome. As a prerequisite, unplug your door harness at the bottom A pillar and see if you have wires 15 & 16, picture as shown. If you do, then it should be all plug and play, just like mine.

Jeep Gladiator Passive Entry / Proximity Keyless Door Entry Install - Success!!! JT_JL_passive_entry_connector_check

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
Enable the Auto Relock feature if you want it to behave like most other passive entry vehicles.

Relock after 30sec.

OP
OP
NeatFreq

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enable the Auto Relock feature if you want it to behave like most other passive entry vehicles.

Relock after 30sec.
Do you know what section that would fall into on JSAN?

Sponsored

Sting-Gray Neutral Pres.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport Diesel
So I did this install on mine a year ago and have never been able to get the passanger side to work. Driver's side works fine. Using a Tazer rather than Jscan to enable passive entry. Has anyone ever had this problem before and have a solution?

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
Such a great mod. So glad I did mine. I was lazy and only did the driver's side but it was well worth it.

OP
OP
NeatFreq

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So I did this install on mine a year ago and have never been able to get the passanger side to work. Driver's side works fine. Using a Tazer rather than Jscan to enable passive entry. Has anyone ever had this problem before and have a solution?
There was a bad batch of door pods, the magnets were reversed according to AllMoparParts, you can pry it open and flip the magnet, if that works then that's the fix. If it's the whole electrical system of the door, I'd check your harness and make sure nothing got pinched or make sure the connector is seated correctly.

Sting-Gray Neutral Pres.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport Diesel
Thanks @NeatFreq !
Iā€™ve checked the door harness as best I could a number of times in the summer when pulling the door but itā€™s tough with the sliding pin guard. They all seem to line up though and it inserts smoothly. Iā€™ll try the magnet flip though, thatā€™s the first Iā€™ve heard of it!
Sponsored