Sponsored

Anyone running these Flare Extensions? USA supplier?

Trout Safari

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Jesus. At that price you'd think they'd at least be ready to install.
Well if they were cheap little China rubber strips it would seem like a "at that price" item, but they are actual molded flares. They could actually be finished with matching paint, but I chose not to since Jeep has a small strip of black on the fenders that would show between them. Sooner or later someone will come out with a less expensive option.
Sponsored

toddarama

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Gobi
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I do IT stuff so I can buy Jeep stuff.
I am tempted by these, BDO site currently show the US Rubicon/Mojave flares as on sale for $348 US before any shipping ... and I would guess there is probably a customs fee or something like that to add on too. 2" Extensions for JTR/JTM US Spec

toddarama

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
The sale price on their page now says $348 with a note that freight shipping to the lower 48 USA is approximately $195. So at their sale price it would still be somewhere around $540-$545 ... I guess that's still cheaper than the Canadian seller.

If I am remembering correctly, in PA it's a $137 fine if they hit you up for tire tread poking out past the fenders/flares. There is endless debate about how regularly this is enforced, but all of the debate aside it would be a 4 ticket break even point :like:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
I know someone in the large commercial 3D printing business. Wondering what he could do with something like this. He's got some materials that are very very durable.

Last edited:

toddarama

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
for that price I would stick with RokBlokz
If your primary goal is to cut down on how many rocks, mud, etc. get slung back all over your JT, then I agree. In Pennsylvania they have some crappy laws about "no tire poke" that are randomly enforced (or randomly not enforced?). I know at least two of the local police depts in my area must see this as a good money maker for them or they just hate jeeps and offroaders in general. I have an order in for a Clayton 2.5" Overland+ lift kit and some 37" Mickey Thompson Baja Boss tires (wheels are TBD). Based on switching from the stock 285/70-17 Wildpeak MTs to the Mickeys and the calculator on this Handy Tire Size Website I am expecting the outside edge of my tires to poke 2.3" ( edit - I previously stated 2.8" which was an error on my part) which more than current. I email DBOR adn they confirmed that US shipping should be just under $@00 - so I actually just ordered a set of these DBOR - US SPEC 2" EXTENDED FENDERS JT GLADIATOR For Rubicon/Mojave

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
If your primary goal is to cut down on how many rocks, mud, etc. get slung back all over your JT, then I agree. In Pennsylvania they have some crappy laws about "no tire poke" that are randomly enforced (or randomly not enforced?). I know at least two of the local police depts in my area must see this as a good money maker for them or they just hate jeeps and offroaders in general. I have an order in for a Clayton 2.5" Overland+ lift kit and some 37" Mickey Thompson Baja Boss tires (wheels are TBD). Based on switching from the stock 285/70-17 Wildpeak MTs to the Mickeys and the calculator on this Handy Tire Size Website I am expecting the outside edge of my tires to poke 2.8" more than current. I email DBOR adn they confirmed that US shipping should be just under $@00 - so I actually just ordered a set of these DBOR - US SPEC 2" EXTENDED FENDERS JT GLADIATOR For Rubicon/Mojave
Oh for sure, if you have those laws. Totally different sitch.

OP
OP
OVERLORD

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Just sent a message to the company, if these fit Overlands. MIght go for it of so.