First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Rubi Sarge Green; '08 JK
Occupation
Military
I have a few questions in my mind that hopefully you guys can save ne a couple hundred bucks.

'21 JT Rubi

I picked up a set of 35/12.5/17 BFG ATs and I want to KEEP my stock Rubicon wheels.

I was planning on getting these Double Black OR flare extensions to keep things legal and also clean:

https://doubleblackoffroad.com/en-u...orth-american-2-extended-fenders-jt-gladiator

So my questions are thusly:

1. Am I actually going to need the flares or do the 35s stay tucked with the stock wheels?

2. Anyone running these flares - are you also running mudflaps? which? I have Weathertechs, and I really like them, but the way they are molded I don't think I'd be able to use them without cutting up the flares. I suppose I could be talked into RokBlocks if they work with the flares, even though they look ridiculous and are ridiculously overpriced.

Thanks,
Darel
Sponsored

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
Way cheaper to order OEM

OP
OP

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
OEM what?

Badweather

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
OEM Wrangler Mopar flare extensions, order two sets left and right fronts and put the left front on the right rear and vice versa, fronts go as designed. Lot of threads on here on how to do it but will cost about $130 and take you less than an hour to do all four.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Nice, thanks!

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
12.5s stay pretty tucked up to about +25 offset from what I've seen on these forums. If you're staying on factory wheels (+37.7) your concern will be rubbing on the inside, not poking on the outside.

I run 315s at +6 and went with the XR fender flares over the DBOR purely for cost. XRs are $50 and ready to install. DBORs are 750+ and need prep work. No thanks.

Mad Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Far Northwest Deep East Texas in the Dirty South
Website
www.best-motorcycle.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 1998 Wrangler Sahara
I have 35-12.50s on Fuel Zephyrs.
The Mopar extensions are good for the price.
Unaware of the right front to left rear trick
I bought all four. The rears require drilling holes.
Maybe the rear ones are not even needed.
It is the front wheels that are the problem.
That is why I added the largest RokBlokz offered
but only for the front. Problem solved.

It is no fun getting cow poop in an open driver window.
Don't ask me how I know that.

tC_sXp8CSCAxU5RwOTf7iw-v_2VAJEgtr7cYl6aZ8zHp=w2400.jpg

StormnNJ

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave
Occupation
Feeders
Not sure about the XR flares but I just installed DB flares last week and fit and finish is good. I don’t have painted flares so the Black finish on these match. Didn’t have to drill any extra holes either.
The wheels I have are +6 with 315s and they cover them.

BuzzBee

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon
Also went with the OEM flares. Fronts were easy. Rear, had to drill extra / new holes as they don't line up. Instead of replacing the plastic rivets, which require their own tool to install (PITA) I found aluminum large head regular rivet. Works with standard hand held rivet tool.

The DB are " Made from automotive grade flex fibreglass resin ". I would crack them too easily on a trail run.

Amazon.com: 100pcs black Large Flange Blind Rivets, Aluminum, Flange Diameter 5/8" (16mm), Pop Rivets Assortment Kit Blind Rivet, 3/16" x 5/8", Grip Range (12-16mm) : Industrial & Scientific

Sponsored

toddarama

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Gobi
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I do IT stuff so I can buy Jeep stuff.
I have a few questions in my mind that hopefully you guys can save ne a couple hundred bucks.

'21 JT Rubi

I picked up a set of 35/12.5/17 BFG ATs and I want to KEEP my stock Rubicon wheels.

I was planning on getting these Double Black OR flare extensions to keep things legal and also clean:

https://doubleblackoffroad.com/en-u...orth-american-2-extended-fenders-jt-gladiator

So my questions are thusly:

1. Am I actually going to need the flares or do the 35s stay tucked with the stock wheels?

2. Anyone running these flares - are you also running mudflaps? which? I have Weathertechs, and I really like them, but the way they are molded I don't think I'd be able to use them without cutting up the flares. I suppose I could be talked into RokBlocks if they work with the flares, even though they look ridiculous and are ridiculously overpriced.

Thanks,
Darel
With a little bit of force-fit and judicious use of the fender flare rivets, you can fit the weathertech mudflaps over the DBOR flares - or at least I was able to do this on my JT Rubicon. Here are some pictures.....
Jeep Gladiator Couple questions about flare extensions / 35s / mudflaps IMG_0031

Jeep Gladiator Couple questions about flare extensions / 35s / mudflaps IMG_0032
Jeep Gladiator Couple questions about flare extensions / 35s / mudflaps IMG_0033
Jeep Gladiator Couple questions about flare extensions / 35s / mudflaps IMG_0034
Jeep Gladiator Couple questions about flare extensions / 35s / mudflaps IMG_0035

OP
OP

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Awesome, thanks! That's what I was looking for. They actually look pretty good like that too. I did order the Recon flares, but it looks like they'd fit the same as the DBOR ones, or actually maybe a bit better.

jav_eee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I'm running 35x12.5 on stock wheels and they stay tucked under the OEM flares. I added the extreme recon mopar extensions but it looked silly because they stuck out farther than the wheel/tire.

OP
OP

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
I'm running 35x12.5 on stock wheels and they stay tucked under the OEM flares. I added the extreme recon mopar extensions but it looked silly because they stuck out farther than the wheel/tire.
No crap! Good to know. Thank you!