Sponsored

What Axle Fluid for Gladiator Rubicon Diesel w/ Tow Package?

TheGreenBackGorilla

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Software
What Gear Axle Fluid/Weight in front/rear axles should I be using in my Gladiator Rubicon Ecodiesel w/ Tow Package?
Sponsored

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
Recommended fluids are all listed in your Owners Manual.

As seen below, the 2021 manual makes no differentiation for the Tow Package.

Jeep Gladiator What Axle Fluid for Gladiator Rubicon Diesel w/ Tow Package? 1677107265744

OP
OP
TheGreenBackGorilla

TheGreenBackGorilla

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software
So issue is it says 2 different Lubes for Diesel. Gladiator Rubicon Diesel w/ Tow Package. In my owners manual.
One for limited slip differential and one for without.

Sponsored

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
So issue is it says 2 different Lubes for Diesel. Gladiator Rubicon Diesel w/ Tow Package. In my owners manual.
One for limited slip differential and one for without.
There is only 1 lubricant specified for your application. Your rear axle is a M220. You could look at your build sheet to see what your sales code is.

OP
OP
TheGreenBackGorilla

TheGreenBackGorilla

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software
Got it I factory ordered so I have my build sheet

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Mopar Tech Authority data states you can use 75W-140 if you have the Trailer Tow Package.

Jeep Gladiator What Axle Fluid for Gladiator Rubicon Diesel w/ Tow Package? Axles1

Jeep Gladiator What Axle Fluid for Gladiator Rubicon Diesel w/ Tow Package? Axles2

Sponsored

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
This is simpler than it's being made out here. If you don't tow, use 75W85 for possibly slightly better fuel economy. If you tow a lot (putting more stress and heat into the differential) use 75W140, which will hold up to high temperature better. If you use 75W140 without towing, no big deal. Your choice.

If you have LSD, add the friction modifier or use a fluid that already has it (many do). If you don't have LSD and use friction modifier, no big deal

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU
Rubicons do not have LSDs regardless of engine.. the exception was the TJ/LJ Rubis that had both.
You just had me go down a rabbit hole looking up my build sheet. Is it just a BLD that keeps power in check? My diesel definitely spins both tires in all situations (wet, snow, gravel etc.). My old jeep 100% had an open diff and it was a one wheel peel everywhere it went. If it's still a BLD system it is vastly superior then what was in the JK. I also have the same note in my manual for the rear as OP.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
You just had me go down a rabbit hole looking up my build sheet. Is it just a BLD that keeps power in check? My diesel definitely spins both tires in all situations (wet, snow, gravel etc.). My old jeep 100% had an open diff and it was a one wheel peel everywhere it went. If it's still a BLD system it is vastly superior then what was in the JK.
yes, BLD/Traction control. You can get LSD in any JT except a Mojave or Rubicon. They are 100% open rear diff.

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU
yes, BLD/Traction control. You can get LSD in any JT except a Mojave or Rubicon. They are 100% open rear diff.
What's interesting is I drive with the traction control off 100% of the time. My JK ate the rear brakes because of it so I turn it off just out of habit. I'm going to have to do some testing in the snow with the rear locker/TC on and off next time.

Reactions: JT1

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
What's interesting is I drive with the traction control off 100% of the time. My JK ate the rear brakes because of it so I turn it off just out of habit. I'm going to have to do some testing in the snow with the rear locker/TC on and off next time.
Unless you are using something like a Taser, I don't think you can 100% disable TC in 2HI.
Sponsored