Sponsored

Tops! Canopy / covers / toppers / racks possibilities for Gladiator - Show me!

stylindylan

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited ( JL)
Updated with all renderings so far:

By @Bobs85Reny

Animated version:

Jeep Gladiator Tops! Canopy / covers / toppers / racks possibilities for Gladiator - Show me! {filename}

Jeep Gladiator Tops! Canopy / covers / toppers / racks possibilities for Gladiator - Show me! {filename}

By @Lou3.6

By @BestopTeam

The diesel option even if only available with an Automatic is what I'm most excited about but the aftermarket possibilities for addition of 5 foot bed will be the most visually appealing. Some of the AEV Brute and Hummer modifications show some of what maybe in the future but if you find some cool Gladiator renders, please share here.

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Bobs85Reny

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ7 Renegade, 81 Cj8 Scrammler, 84 CJ8 Scrambler, 89 YJ Laredo, 06 Wrangler LJ, 86 CJ7, 02 Liberty, 16 jeePatriot
Here are a couple of renderings I did. New to the site but a long time jeep owner. Have not been this excited about a new jeep since my LJ. I would live to build an overland or camper.

Sponsored

SKT

First Name
SKT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hey guys,

Here are some teaser concepts from one of our product designers. What do you think?

CassieAtBestop

Very nice!

Will this be available in the premium (twill) material?

Would also be neat if the rear side panels/windows rolled up like the old Kayline CJ-8 Soft-tops.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Hey guys,

Here are some teaser concepts from one of our product designers. What do you think?

CassieAtBestop
Is there any talk of designing a top that will go from windscreen to the tailgate?

How long will it be before you guys have a all weather trail top for the Gladiator? This is my most used item I have bought for my JK. I use it every time my top is off to keep the sun, dust, and protect it from a pop up storm or shower while at work or when ever needed. This cover has saved my but a few time.

Lanyard

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Hi Cassie,

I love the SofTop concept and was exploring the bed rack and tent options.

Any products or concepts That would use a bed rack as an exo-skeleton or other ideas to allow a SofTop to be removed by one person and/or fully retracted?

I'm thinking dog kennel, dry gear, and campingcunder the SofTop cover and kayaks/bikes on the roof rack.

We tow our boat and would be nice to not have e to use it as a trailer so I can soak it without unloading first.

Keep up the great work and innovation!

JustSomeGuy

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Outback XT, 2005 Outback 2.5i, 2004 Miata, 2018 Civic
Is there a teaser with both tops all the way down?

Sponsored

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Here are a couple of renderings I did. New to the site but a long time jeep owner. Have not been this excited about a new jeep since my LJ. I would live to build an overland or camper.

View attachment 6956

View attachment 6957
I would gladly take either of these to overland in full time. Would there not be concerns about connecting the bed to the cab with a single piece hard top as I'm guessing they can slightly articulate and flex differently.

Wilk

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Dakota
I would gladly take either of these to overland in full time. Would there not be concerns about connecting the bed to the cab with a single piece hard top as I'm guessing they can slightly articulate and flex differently.
There would definitely be some issues if the cap were solidly attached to the cabin of the truck but this could easily be overcome with a gasket or accordion style product covering the gap around the point they meet to provide some flex.

jeepinjon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
There will be issues. The biggest question is how much flex is there from the back of the bed to the front windshield to be able to determine how much tolerance needs to be built in.

Since most of the concepts would be some kind of fiberglass bed topper that ties into the roof I feel like that material would be the weak link that would flex, and crack and break if it was tied into the Gladiator in both the cab and the bed.

Bobs85Reny

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ7 Renegade, 81 Cj8 Scrammler, 84 CJ8 Scrambler, 89 YJ Laredo, 06 Wrangler LJ, 86 CJ7, 02 Liberty, 16 jeePatriot
There will be issues. The biggest question is how much flex is there from the back of the bed to the front windshield to be able to determine how much tolerance needs to be built in.

Since most of the concepts would be some kind of fiberglass bed topper that ties into the roof I feel like that material would be the weak link that would flex, and crack and break if it was tied into the Gladiator in both the cab and the bed.
The hardtop could be fabricated into 2 sections with an interlocking U channel with a decent weather stripping for flex and seal and water to run off

Sponsored