Sponsored

Tops! Canopy / covers / toppers / racks possibilities for Gladiator - Show me!

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
The hardtop could be fabricated into 2 sections with an interlocking U channel with a decent weather stripping for flex and seal and water to run off

JeepGladiatorForum-1-Jeep-gladiator-roof-rack-jpg.jpg

I really like this fits a lot of option that I'm thinking of. I feel like my garage is going to just be Gladiator Accessories depending on what I'm about to do depends on how it will be outfitted.
Sponsored

nerdridesbikes

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Colorado
The hardtop could be fabricated into 2 sections with an interlocking U channel with a decent weather stripping for flex and seal and water to run off

JeepGladiatorForum-1-Jeep-gladiator-roof-rack-jpg.jpg
This right here is what I have wanted in a Jeep, especially since I saw the Africa concept. There’s actually a 6 person diesel extended body I was looking at importing from India, but for now I’ll go with the JT and hope for a cap like this. Maybe down the road I’ll bring one of those in for a project.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
This right here is what I have wanted in a Jeep, especially since I saw the Africa concept. There’s actually a 6 person diesel extended body I was looking at importing from India, but for now I’ll go with the JT and hope for a cap like this. Maybe down the road I’ll bring one of those in for a project.
any links to that india mobile?

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
like that ?

429295513_1_94x72_mahindra-savari-satna.jpg

nerdridesbikes

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Colorado
like that ?

429295513_1_94x72_mahindra-savari-satna.jpg
yep thats the one. hard to find what model it is, but mostly I can find them as a Mahindra Savari, but if you search for that you get a lot of weird vehicles. Heres a video from Nepal.

To get back on topic, either a hardtop like that, or a canvas over a hoop frame would be ideal, need to keep a mountain bike out of view and weather, but like the flexibility to carry tall things. Though I would like to have my dogs in the back, and would like to have the rear window open and not have it be deafening.

Sponsored

Bobs85Reny

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ7 Renegade, 81 Cj8 Scrammler, 84 CJ8 Scrambler, 89 YJ Laredo, 06 Wrangler LJ, 86 CJ7, 02 Liberty, 16 jeePatriot
The more I think about it the more I like it as a 2 section hardtop. I do agree with also wanting extra height for bicycles and cargo. I want the functionality of a utility truck without making it look like a work truck. Being able to carry full sheets of plywood on the roof or 12' lumber for projects. I would also like to make it like a roof top deck for camping or throwing a couple chairs up there. I also don't want an exoskeleton I want it to look sleek without bulky supports. I would want the supports to the inside of the cab this way they could be used to attach internal racks. I also like the idea that its open to the cabin so if I am traveling with my pets its fully accessible as cabin space and could be made for third row seating or troupe seating. I think with this design this hits all my requests. As a 2 piece the rear cab could be lifted off and a close out section could be made to easily bring it back to a pickup. The rack could be integrated as well into 3 pieces so the back half could come off and a close out section for the rack be integrated as well.

JeepGladiatorForum-2-Jeep-gladiator-rack_fullrack-jpg.jpg
JeepGladiatorForum-3-Jeep-gladiator-rack_halfrack-jpg.jpg

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The more I think about it the more I like it as a 2 section hardtop. I do agree with also wanting extra height for bicycles and cargo. I want the functionality of a utility truck without making it look like a work truck. Being able to carry full sheets of plywood on the roof or 12' lumber for projects. I would also like to make it like a roof top deck for camping or throwing a couple chairs up there. I also don't want an exoskeleton I want it to look sleek without bulky supports. I would want the supports to the inside of the cab this way they could be used to attach internal racks. I also like the idea that its open to the cabin so if I am traveling with my pets its fully accessible as cabin space and could be made for third row seating or troupe seating. I think with this design this hits all my requests. As a 2 piece the rear cab could be lifted off and a close out section could be made to easily bring it back to a pickup. The rack could be integrated as well into 3 pieces so the back half could come off and a close out section for the rack be integrated as well.

JeepGladiatorForum-2-Jeep-gladiator-rack_fullrack-jpg.jpg
JeepGladiatorForum-3-Jeep-gladiator-rack_halfrack-jpg.jpg
I agree 100%, I think this is my favorite idea yet, but believe to get this would have to buy the bed cover as well as a new top for the cabin area (in order to be able to have a pass through to the bed.

Bobs85Reny

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ7 Renegade, 81 Cj8 Scrammler, 84 CJ8 Scrambler, 89 YJ Laredo, 06 Wrangler LJ, 86 CJ7, 02 Liberty, 16 jeePatriot
Yes this would have to be a complete new top for both cabin and bed. Something like this. I know its kind of Defenderish but its functionality is why it worked so well for them. This will give the extra height for the bed and cabin but still maintain aerodynamics

JeepGladiatorForum-5-Jeep-gladiator-rack_no_rack-jpg.jpg
JeepGladiatorForum-6-Jeep-gladiator-rack_no_rackhalf-jpg.jpg

nerdridesbikes

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Colorado
Yes this would have to be a complete new top for both cabin and bed. Something like this. I know its kind of Defenderish but its functionality is why it worked so well for them. This will give the extra height for the bed and cabin but still maintain aerodynamics

Yep. That’s it right there.

Sponsored

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Now we just have to find someone who is willing to build this for the Gladiator!

Bobs85Reny

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We need someone like Jeff Scherb to do this. He has designed a Safari cab for the LJ and JK.

Bobs85Reny

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR8Tops Sells a version for the LJ. I like the look but for the Gladiator I would like a little more height for the roof and a stronger inner frame to support a full heavy duty roof rack and 2 sections

SafariCab.png

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.