Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist

More of a vehicle walkthrough than an actual interview...

9:03: Every single 2020 MY will be powered by V6, but at 9:23 then also says in CY 2020 the EcoDiesel will be available. Wrangler will get EcoDiesel first later this year (11:27)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
5961D8F5-8A2B-4122-AF88-38F53F765D99.png
I almost can believe this. At 2.09 in the video he says that they use plastic cleats to hold up the tailgate which must hold a truck load of heavy plywood. I can’t believe they make those cleats out of plastic instead of metal. These will be the first things to break, almost guaranteed. Truly astounding!!!

Jeep383-S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A 392, 1968 Plymouth Barracuda 383-S
Why does he refer to the Gladiator as Gladiator and not The Gladiator? It almost sounds like he is talking about it like it is a person.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I almost can believe this. At 2.09 in the video he says that they use plastic cleats to hold up the tailgate which must hold a truck load of heavy plywood. I can’t believe they make those cleats out of plastic instead of metal. These will be the first things to break, almost guaranteed. Truly astounding!!!
A lot of suspension spacers are made from a type of plastic. Those withstand static loads of around 1,000 lbs each. How many of those have you seen broken? Maybe the new cleats will indeed break, but maybe they won’t. We won’t know until they are tested.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
If they break it will be the easiest repair ever.

Honey I got to fix the Jeep, big job, probably take all afternoon.....and a whole 6 pack in the garage.

Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
A lot of suspension spacers are made from a type of plastic. Those withstand static loads of around 1,000 lbs each. How many of those have you seen broken? Maybe the new cleats will indeed break, but maybe they won’t. We won’t know until they are tested.
We shall see. Time will tell.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
They did this so AEV could corner the market on metal cleats for the JT......... It's a conspiracy man!

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
Are there any pics of the locking storage behind the seats? I believe this video is the first I've heard of that.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Are there any pics of the locking storage behind the seats? I believe this video is the first I've heard of that.
It’s not like the box under the seat. In this case he is referring to the seat itself. The actual seat locks into place in the upright position. As far as storage there are pictures floating around, but the Bluetooth speaker will take up the left side if you get that option and the sub option takes the middle so it leaves you with the mesh net on the right. Skip both speakers and you have an open tray thing.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
It’s not like the box under the seat. In this case he is referring to the seat itself. The actual seat locks into place in the upright position. As far as storage there are pictures floating around, but the Bluetooth speaker will take up the left side if you get that option and the sub option takes the middle so it leaves you with the mesh net on the right. Skip both speakers and you have an open tray thing.
I know about all of that but he said there was behind-seat locking storage keyed to your fob. Around 4:18 on the video. It's not shown, unfortunately.

Maybe I'm mishearing? I've watched that part a few times but it's early and I haven't had enough coffee.

Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know about all of that but he said there was behind-seat locking storage keyed to your fob. Around 4:18 on the video. It's not shown, unfortunately.

Maybe I'm mishearing? I've watched that part a few times but it's early and I haven't had enough coffee.
Look in some of the media pictures, it’s a silver cylinder on the top part of the seat that locks the seat into position. I am not sure if the lock cylinder is also the release to lower the seat or if there is a separate lever for that. I know what you are referring to in the video and he doesn’t mean there is any additional locking box, just the seat backs blocking/locking access to the area.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
Look in some of the media pictures, it’s a silver cylinder on the top part of the seat that locks the seat into position. I am not sure if the lock cylinder is also the release to lower the seat or if there is a separate lever for that. I know what you are referring to in the video and he doesn’t mean there is any additional locking box, just the seat backs blocking/locking access to the area.
Alright, so I guess no new info. What you're saying makes sense. I was kind of excited there for a minute. :(

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

stylindylan

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited ( JL)
Hey Brandon! I need some help moving next weekend too. Can you bring the Gladiator over and help me out?
Sponsored