Any issues to report?

ClawSS

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Sierra, 2010 Camaro. 2009 300C SRT8, 2004 Silverado
Looking forward to this thread growing as new owners get a chance to realize not only the awesomeness of the new JT, but also any issues that arise.

You may be able to fix these yourself, or want to go back to the dealer for a remedy.

Let us non-owners / prospective buyers know how things are going.
Sponsored

kenszel

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Just shy of 500 miles and good, no complaints other then the ridiculously oversize key fob.

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Only issue I've seen so far is uconnect screen trim on the right lower side in this guy's was jacked up. But easy fix

Screenshot_20190508-133609.png

Daddiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1998 Cherokee XJ, 2004 Crossfire, 2006 300 5.7
Occupation
Fabricator/Patternmaker
There’s a pretty big issue with mine that keeps me from even being able to drive the damn thing and I’m pretty frustrated.. my truck doesn’t exist yet.

Sponsored

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
There’s a pretty big issue with mine that keeps me from even being able to drive the damn thing and I’m pretty frustrated.. my truck doesn’t exist yet.
:swear: I have this issue too!!

n29we

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Denali HD
Love the Gladiator but can't get the UConnect signed up. The dealer and customer service are working on it but so far nothing. It's not necessary but since its free trial I'd like it to be working to see if I want to continue after the trial

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Pause at 5:14. Looks like the questionable frame welding that plagued the JL is now seen on JT as well. There were pages and pages about this on the JL side, and a member there even had one of his brackets come off the frame. :facepalm:

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Pause at 5:14. Looks like the questionable frame welding that plagued the JL is now seen on JT as well. There were pages and pages about this on the JL side, and a member there even had one of his brackets come off the frame. :facepalm:

can you screenshot it and circle them?

Sponsored

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
Total unfounded speculation!

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Total unfounded speculation!
If you're referring to the documented welding issues, in which a JL owner had his track bar bracket shear off the frame without even taking if offroad, and in which Jeep has been replacing entire vehicles in some cases and having the frames re-welded in others, then I would suggest that your comment is the unfounded speculation. People have been discussing this for over a year, and there've even been official FCA TSBs issued on it.

The welds on that control arm bracket in the video above look exactly like the poor welds on the JLs. That's all I'm saying.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
If you're referring to the documented welding issues, in which a JL owner had his track bar bracket shear off the frame without even taking if offroad, and in which Jeep has been replacing entire vehicles in some cases and having the frames re-welded in others, then I would suggest that your comment is the unfounded speculation. People have been discussing this for over a year, and there've even been official FCA TSBs issued on it.

The welds on that control arm bracket in the video above look exactly like the poor welds on the JLs. That's all I'm saying.
i didn't think tower was making the JT frame, thought i heard it was another supplier??? It would be pretty crazy to have the same issues at another company.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
can you screenshot it and circle them?
It looks like a 10 year old boy laid those welds, so they're easy to see. But.........

You should see the welds on my JLU. They look like swiss cheese, especially on the rear frame.

JTwelds.jpg

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
well, THAT looks like shit. Time to scrap that robot...:swear:

upload_2019-5-9_18-55-28.png