Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Controls Engineer/Entertainment Program Manager
Greetings!

One of my favorite mods on my JK was my ARB compressor that was mounted under the hood. It was one of the most useful modifications I had aside from a lift.

Point being, has anyone considered mounting locations for Compressors? The JL engine bay is pretty tight, so I assume the JT isn't any better.

Let's get the conversation started!
Sponsored

gsxr310

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR & JTR
There's a member on the JLF that fabbed a mount in the engine bay. Not sure if he still sells em?? kansascoast is his user name.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
Here’s a link to the JL thread:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/mounting-arb-air-compressor.10776/page-2#post-291013

I will probably have a PowerTank and a compressor. So this is a good reference.

Thanks @gsxr310
@ralphjjr - You ask all the questions I want to ask LOL :clap: Good stuff man... I too am interested in the dual air compressors but that install from JK innovative products is a pretty legit clean solution... https://www.innovativejkproducts.com/jt-gladiator/

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
A lot of guys who have pick up trucks that want to hard wire them either mount them in the bed if they have a cap or mount it high above the rails under the bed between the inner and outer skins.
Personally, I prefer to carry a portable compressor so that I can share it if needed.

Sponsored

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot of guys who have pick up trucks that want to hard wire them either mount them in the bed if they have a cap or mount it high above the rails under the bed between the inner and outer skins.
Personally, I prefer to carry a portable compressor so that I can share it if needed.
I have a small one from Audew - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P2XDN7D/ref=dp_cerb_2, it does the job for my car and my gf's car but I am not sure if it is rated for 4x4 :)... the big tires etc... even though it says it is... But, I still am going to get that product from Innovative JK products...

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I bought this one a couple of years ago and it has held up very well.
I’m running 35” E rated tires on my truck camper (80 psi in back) and it has done the trick.

The only thing I did to improve it was to replace the wire from the alligator clips with a heavier gauge one that is longer to make it easier to reach all my tires on my crew cab long bed truck (21’ long).

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200672535_200672535

I bought it on sale for about $75.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the ARB twin Compressor portable, and like someone said above i use it for camping airing up stuff, & airing back up off the trails. I love it

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy

Sponsored

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really want something with a tank. So I'm thinking I'm going to end up mounting this in the bed, possibly on one of the sides... still thinking that through...

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really want something with a tank. So I'm thinking I'm going to end up mounting this in the bed, possibly on one of the sides... still thinking that through...
Is there an aftermarket solution where we can use an aux switch button to inflate and deflate air? I remember seeing that in one of the Mercedes 6X6 G Wags...

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there an aftermarket solution where we can use an aux switch button to inflate and deflate air? I remember seeing that in one of the Mercedes 6X6 G Wags...
There is another post where someone is proposing that... you would need to wire them to relays since, if I’m not mistaken those buttons are wet contacts, they always have voltage (needs confirmation).

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is the post:

I want both - so I only have to get the remote control out if I need to winch from outside the vehicle, otherwise I can use the dash buttons for control as I'd say 80-90% of the times I've had to winch I've been inside the vehicle. I just don't want the dash buttons always enabled, hence using a 3rd for enabling the winch. I'm now thinking I can use the 3rd button for power to the solenoid box, so I'd have to always turn it on whether using the remote or in-cab controls, but it would be the most simple to wire up and not require any extra relays or solenoids. Just disconnect the relay power from the main winch power line and run a wire from the aux switch to it instead.
My personal opinion is that the effort to figure this out is equal to getting a winch with a long enough remote, or a wireless remote, that could just go in the cab. Personal opinion. But, if there is no better use for the aux switches, then yea...
Sponsored