Sponsored

New Poll - who is stuck in status “D”

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
is it going to be like a handicap type setup where you enter from the bed and steer from the back with auxiliary controls? man i'd like a bobs Reny photoshop job of that. you'll look good back there.
Now you've got me thinking...

In other news, chat is back working again and I'm in D1! Hells yes. I ranted at my dealer yesterday so I'm not sure if he got it done or if it's just a coincidence but I'll take it either way.
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Now you've got me thinking...

In other news, chat is back working again and I'm in D1! Hells yes. I ranted at my dealer yesterday so I'm not sure if he got it done or if it's just a coincidence but I'll take it either way.
dealer said mine was built and waiting rail transport, jeep chat said it was in inspection status, who knows. The dealer's rep might be giving him misinformation, so frustrating.

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
And somehow I have now miraculously moved into the coveted D-1 status here this afternoon!?!?! Was in D status for 3.5 weeks.

So all my parts are in and I'm "gatelined" scheduled for production. Of course I have no idea of what that production date may be or the estimated shipping date.

Progress at least.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
@JeepCares Jasmine - Thank you for your response. What I think would be helpful is for you guys to read through the two threads mentioned above and work with your Communications and Factory/Production leadership teams to provide much more transparency to the overall custom order process.

There are 100s of us here that are becoming frustrated with delayed orders and zero insights as to why our orders are delayed (stuck in pre-D status, no VINs, stuck in D status, etc.) What's worse, is some have become so frustrated with extended delays that they have canceled orders because they found similar trucks on local lots...and others just gave up and went to your competitors.

It could be as simple as perhaps working with @JAY to set up your own "@JeepCares Custom Order Status" thread *** that allows no one else to post to it except for @JeepCares ***. This way you can keep everyone updated on major issues such as optional parts shortages and provide more clarity to the ordering timeframes.

Some example threads could include:
  • Rubicon Front Bumper: "Hey everyone, the Rubicon winch bumper is in short supply and Jeep shifted construction of it to a new supplier. If this is one of your selected options just know your order will be delayed by at least 8 weeks. If this is not satisfactory to you, please reach out to ______ at _____ to discuss having this removed from your order."

• Bed Liner: "Hi JeepGladiatorForum members. We've had overwhelming demand for the factory applied bedliners. This has created a shortage in both the bed liner product and the staff levels with our supplier to apply the bedliners. We expect this to be resolved soon. Anyone who has selected bedliner should be prepared for their order to be delayed by up to 4 weeks. If this is not satisfactory to you, please reach out to ______ at _____ to discuss having this removed from your order."

• Order Stage Status: The following are the standard Order Status range of dates for each stage of production. We manage to these service level agreements both with the factory as well as our suppliers. Should your order exceed a given timeframe for any stage, please reach out to ______ at _____ to discuss having your order looked into to resolve any further delays."
For me, this isn't an issue of "excitement" (although I am looking forward to it). For me, I'm trying to time delivery of my Gladiator to replace a vehicle that must be turned back in on X date. So I planned ahead and even overlapped the Gladiator delivery date by -1 month before X date to allow for some delays. But this order process and the delays are quickly eroding my 1 month buffer. So what to do when X date arrives and I have no Gladiator to drive? Walk? Rent a car at an expensive daily rate? Cancel my order?

This is not asking too much of Jeep. We are making a ~$40 - $50,000 purchase and completely understand there's a wait time for a custom order. But to simply have no clarity or updates points to a poorly designed business to consumer process.

We all patiently await your reply @JeepCares ...
Clearly and articulately stated. Thank you @2020 SCRAMBLER for offering supportive suggestions whilst accurately representing the frustrated masses of Gladiator owners.

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
And somehow I have now miraculously moved into the coveted D-1 status here this afternoon!?!?! Was in D status for 3.5 weeks.

So all my parts are in and I'm "gatelined" scheduled for production. Of course I have no idea of what that production date may be or the estimated shipping date.

Progress at least.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Oooh, look how the squeaky wheel got turned! Niiiiiiiice!

Sponsored

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
If I removed everything from my order that has been rumored to be causing the delays, I'd end up with not much more than a frame and a set of tires. So far, I've heard that orders are being delayed by a shortage of steel front bumpers, trailcams, bedliner, hardtops, auxiliary switch group and perhaps more that I'm forgetting. My order has all 5. At one point, I asked my dealer if I could remove the steel front bumper from the order. She said that once a VIN has been assigned, no changes are allowed in the order.

I've special-ordered many vehicles. Delivery time has been 8-12 weeks from different manufacturers...even Jeep. I'm ok with 12 weeks. But it has now been 7 weeks with no end in sight. Shipping on my last Jeep took 2 weeks to Denver and my Canyon took 3 weeks to Grand Junction, CO. My guess is shipping will take 3 weeks to Cortez, CO., which is where I ordered it. I've now been stuck in D for 32 days after being told the average time in that status was 5 days and maximum time would be 30 days. I was told yesterday in my weekly Jeep Chat that delivery time would be 8-12 weeks from the time the order was placed, so I should not be concerned. According to that statement, mine needs to be built and shipped within the next 2 weeks if it is to arrive within the 12 week time frame. We'll see.

I've started checking stock at dealers in Utah and Colorado. I'll wait a few more weeks to see if my order makes any progress, but if something pops up on a dealer lot in a few weeks that is similar to my order, I'll jump on it and cancel the order.

Last edited:

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
If I removed everything from my order that has been rumored to be causing the delays, I'd end up with not much more than a frame and a set of tires. So far, I've heard that orders are being delayed by a shortage of steel front bumpers, trailcams, bedliner, hardtops, auxiliary switch group and perhaps more that I'm forgetting. My order has all 5. At one point, I asked my dealer if I could remove the steel front bumper from the order. She said that once a VIN has been assigned, no changes are allowed in the order.

I've special-ordered many vehicles. Delivery time has been 8-12 weeks from different manufacturers...even Jeep. I'm ok with 12 weeks. But it has now been 7 weeks with no end in sight. Shipping on my last Jeep took 2 weeks to Denver and my Canyon took 3 weeks to Grand Junction, CO. My guess is shipping will take 3 weeks to Cortez, CO., which is where I ordered it. I've now been stuck in D for 32 days after being told the average time in that status was 5 days and maximum time would be 30 days. I was told yesterday in my weekly Jeep Chat that delivery time would be 8-12 weeks from the time the order was placed, so I should not be concerned. According to that statement, mine needs to be built and shipped within the next 2 weeks if it is to arrive within the 12 week time frame. We'll see.

I've started checking stock at dealers in Utah and Colorado. I'll wait a few more weeks to see if my order makes any progress, but if something pops up on a dealer lot in a few weeks that is similar to my order, I'll jump on it and cancel the order.
What's the cancelation fee?

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
What's the cancelation fee?
My guess is that I could get my $1000 deposit back. If not, to quote one of my favorite authors: "So it goes."

For me to consider another vehicle on a dealer's lot, I'd need to still be stuck in D status in early July.

I've even thought about placing a second order for a Sting-Grey Gladiator without a steel front bumper and taking the first one that arrived.

Last edited:

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd hate to lose my $1,000 deposit...

PropWash

First Name
Nickolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep JKU
I am hearing about cancellations on custom orders left and right. And it appears that people are doing the same thing, people are willing to compromise and get a dealer spec unit because of the inconsistency and lack of information from FCA regarding custom orders.

Sponsored

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Congrats! Does your order include the steel front bumper or trailcam or bedliner or aux switches? I've been in D for 4 1/2 weeks

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
Congrats! Does your order include the steel front bumper or trailcam or bedliner or aux switches? I've been in D for 4 1/2 weeks
Not who you're asking but I had all of those except the bumper and had been in D since 5/4. Finally made it to D1 yesterday.

PropWash

First Name
Nickolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep JKU
@JeepCares Jasmine - Thank you for your response. What I think would be helpful is for you guys to read through the two threads mentioned above and work with your Communications and Factory/Production leadership teams to provide much more transparency to the overall custom order process.

There are 100s of us here that are becoming frustrated with delayed orders and zero insights as to why our orders are delayed (stuck in pre-D status, no VINs, stuck in D status, etc.) What's worse, is some have become so frustrated with extended delays that they have canceled orders because they found similar trucks on local lots...and others just gave up and went to your competitors.

It could be as simple as perhaps working with @JAY to set up your own "@JeepCares Custom Order Status" thread *** that allows no one else to post to it except for @JeepCares ***. This way you can keep everyone updated on major issues such as optional parts shortages and provide more clarity to the ordering timeframes.

Some example threads could include:
  • Rubicon Front Bumper: "Hey everyone, the Rubicon winch bumper is in short supply and Jeep shifted construction of it to a new supplier. If this is one of your selected options just know your order will be delayed by at least 8 weeks. If this is not satisfactory to you, please reach out to ______ at _____ to discuss having this removed from your order."

• Bed Liner: "Hi JeepGladiatorForum members. We've had overwhelming demand for the factory applied bedliners. This has created a shortage in both the bed liner product and the staff levels with our supplier to apply the bedliners. We expect this to be resolved soon. Anyone who has selected bedliner should be prepared for their order to be delayed by up to 4 weeks. If this is not satisfactory to you, please reach out to ______ at _____ to discuss having this removed from your order."

• Order Stage Status: The following are the standard Order Status range of dates for each stage of production. We manage to these service level agreements both with the factory as well as our suppliers. Should your order exceed a given timeframe for any stage, please reach out to ______ at _____ to discuss having your order looked into to resolve any further delays."
For me, this isn't an issue of "excitement" (although I am looking forward to it). For me, I'm trying to time delivery of my Gladiator to replace a vehicle that must be turned back in on X date. So I planned ahead and even overlapped the Gladiator delivery date by -1 month before X date to allow for some delays. But this order process and the delays are quickly eroding my 1 month buffer. So what to do when X date arrives and I have no Gladiator to drive? Walk? Rent a car at an expensive daily rate? Cancel my order?

This is not asking too much of Jeep. We are making a ~$40 - $50,000 purchase and completely understand there's a wait time for a custom order. But to simply have no clarity or updates points to a poorly designed business to consumer process.

We all patiently await your reply @JeepCares ...
BINGO!

OP
OP

Woody

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep

Hate to give you bad news but I ordered my loaded non LE on 4/26. Pressed the dealership it find out what was going on( stuck in status D) and the finally told me about the parts shortage and they would not start my build until August. I cancelled the order. The dealership has a LE coming with pretty much the same thing I ordered so I took that one. Was told it’s in status KZS ( shipping) so I’m hoping to have it soon.
Sponsored