Sponsored

Looks like I'm waiting for a 2021 Gladiator

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Whenever I hear "my wife" in a sentence I cringe at the thought of another man surrendering his testicles.
Testicle-Lock-Box.jpg
Whenever I see a post like this I cringe at the thought of anyone stuck in a relationship with the poster. Marriage is a partnership, and partners don't run around making $50k decisions on their own.
Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
To be fair the wife advises that if I can manage doubling my take home I can do what please with the excess.

Between a mortgage, pricey education providers, utilities, food, health care for the family plus pets ( yes pet insurance is a thing and yes it’s worth it) and strategic set asides for retirement etc, two incomes don’t go twice as far.

Choj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon
yep. still working on paying off a couple loans first, and then save for a better down payment. also hoping some of the bugs will be worked out by then. also "integrated brake controller" as pictured on the website will hopefully materialize by then. it's fun being an early adopter, but it does have it's pitfalls. test drove a newer used Tacoma, that got me thinking... but it's not what I "really want".
That's basically how I'm looking at it now. I have a few loans to pay off and have been waiting for a promotion at work. Once those two loans are paid off and I receive that promotion I'll be able to save up a good down payment. I love driving my Jeep in the summer, but also would like a truck as I'll be doing some home remodeling in the somewhat near future. It would be nice to not have to use a trailer to pick stuff up from the hardware store. Saw the Gladiator and fell in love as it's the best of both worlds, but it will have to wait.

OP
OP
eternus

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Geez, this is what things have devolved to I guess. Just don’t try to justify a lack of testosterone in your household. It makes the rest of us look bad!
Whatever you say bud.

I can relate to and respect both of these comments. Just a suggestion to further help - we just ordered and accepted delivery for last year my wife's life-long vehicle desire - 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - 2 door loaded in white and she's a beauty (the Wrangler is too!). But seriously, it's a great vehicle - she loves it and now when the time comes for my vehicle - it will be smooth sailing....

IMG_2275 (002).jpeg
There's the goal, a Jeep girl would be all in from the get go. (c:

To be fair the wife advises that if I can manage doubling my take home I can do what please with the excess.

Between a mortgage, pricey education providers, utilities, food, health care for the family plus pets ( yes pet insurance is a thing and yes it’s worth it) and strategic set asides for retirement etc, two incomes don’t go twice as far.
That seems totally fair. My wife is a stay at home mom, so her income doesn't have a monetary value. =oP

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
Whenever I see a post like this I cringe at the thought of anyone stuck in a relationship with the poster. Marriage is a partnership, and partners don't run around making $50k decisions on their own.
Spoken like a true SJW. Good for you!

Sponsored

Kdmerchant

First Name
Ketan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Gobi Rubicon
Could buy one but I need the feeling of getting a good deal. I don’t haggle too much and I know the salesperson needs to make a living...but my experience at the dealer turned me off and I’m a patient person (sometimes)! Plus my Rubi JK is pretty awesome and I’ve decided to enjoy what I’ve got. I even made a carpeted liner for the back to use as a truck bed with the seats down.

OP
OP
eternus

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Has she test driven one? Or a JL for that matter? That might help. I was in the same boat with my wife, then we test drove a JK and JL and she really gained appreciation for the difference and we ended up with the JT. Her first time driving it was in the open air and I think she really started to like the coolness in the truck!

Just think about how awesome summer vacations would be with the truck, especially in CO!!

IMG_20190601_154219_1.jpg
She drives my JKU and did drive a JLU last summer in a test drive. She acknowledges the improvements. I'm not trying to get her approval, the Gladiator is happening. (c: The point is just that we already have travel and home improvement stuff to spend money on this year. (I know... all the more reason to need a truck! =oP)

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I'll also be waiting until at least MY 2021, or 2022, for multiple reasons.

1. I got my JLU 18 months ago and am in no rush to trade it in, or to get a second vehicle just yet.
2. Would want a Punk'n or Sting Gray JT, but I need to see more of those in person.
3. The *very very small* possibility of a 2 door version (or conversion kit) being announced.
4. JL's are already significantly discounted $7k-$9k around here. Hopefully in a year JT's will be the same.

Sponsored

JT614

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Overland '14 JGC Summit '04 TJ Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
She drives my JKU and did drive a JLU last summer in a test drive. She acknowledges the improvements. I'm not trying to get her approval, the Gladiator is happening. (c: The point is just that we already have travel and home improvement stuff to spend money on this year. (I know... all the more reason to need a truck! =oP)
Fiscally responsible. Rare these days, and I commend you! Taking delivery when the time is right will make it worth the wait. Enjoy your summer travels!

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Yep, went down pretty much like that. You see, I'll let you in on a little secret, women love men. :rock:
It's funny because you know what gets my woman off more than red meat, red wine and some red hot loving? Responsible fiscal planning and attainable long term financial goals.

Spoken like a true SJW. Good for you!
19789999.jpg

If your knee jerk reaction to people respecting their significant others and the economic well being of the household is to scream out SJW as some kind of slur and try to paint everyone with a very wide brush, well I hope antifa confuses you for a proud boy the next time you go out in your bitchin' gladiator.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
It's funny because you know what gets my woman off more than red meat, red wine and some red hot loving? Responsible fiscal planning and attainable long term financial goals..

While you're being fiscal she's getting off...with someone else. Keep believing and drinking the koolaid son.

Funny how a thread to let the community know that the OP doesn't have enough money or his wife's permission to buy what he wants can generate such a stir.

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
It's funny because you know what gets my woman off more than red meat, red wine and some red hot loving? Responsible fiscal planning and attainable long term financial goals.

19789999.jpg

If your knee jerk reaction to people respecting their significant others and the economic well being of the household is to scream out SJW as some kind of slur and try to paint everyone with a very wide brush, well I hope antifa confuses you for a proud boy the next time you go out in your bitchin' gladiator.
10 points to Griffindor for the Princess Bride meme!!

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I'll take a side of red wine/red hot loving/red meat with that fiscally responsible MAN!

Bonus that he cares about my opinion.

########## No caveman required ###########

sex-love-life-2014-01-jake-gyllenhaal-truck-main.jpg
Sponsored