Sponsored

Edelbrock E Force coming soon.

Captbenjy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
Reached out to Edelbrock to see what the update was on their EForce supercharger for the JL/JT 3.6. Below is a quote from the email response I just received.

Hello Benjamin,

We are actually doing a install on a Gladiator & calibration is working through calibration for passing C.A.R.B. E.O. emissions. Design & hardware are done. Hopefully calibration will soon (August - September) finish & submit vehicle for emissions testing.

Thank you for contacting Edelbrock.
Sponsored

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
It blows my mind (and maybe my engine) that these companies are spending the resources to develop products, that there is no sustainable supply of fuel for.

11.3:1 compression ratio (before positive manifold pressure) is going to create a need for octane that you can't get at about 99% of stations.

If they produced a cam/piston/supercharger package that reduced compression, they might have something.

But all I can see coming from bolting something on, is destroyed engines

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Well I guess you guys are over looking meth injection or running E85........ both are economical ways of bumping up octane levels.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
That would put the P-star at roughly 350 crank horsepower and 301 lbs/ft. of torque for around the same money as the EcoDiesel upgrade (assuming that unicorn ever actually happens). This makes a very interesting decision. While the diesel would still produce more torque, the supercharged P-star would decimate it in acceleration and passing power and would maintain more legal payload and towing capacity also. Hmmm..........

OP
OP
Captbenjy

Captbenjy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
If I were to pull the trigger on an SC I'd want it from the company with the biggest R&D team and the proven manufacturing track record. Not saying the other kits aren't good, but I feel the need to beat the competition sometimes outweighs the need to put out the most dependable product.

kpohanka

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator Rubicon, CRX Del Sol Sir, AP1 S2000
11.3:1 compression ratio (before positive manifold pressure) is going to create a need for octane that you can't get at about 99% of stations.
Its all in the tune brother.

I am running 28psi at 11.4:1 compression on 93, safely... on a different car.

I would assume the Edelbrock is running under 10psi, probably closer to 7psi. But could be wrong.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

Sponsored

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
285hp and 260tq at flywheel stock, with 15% driveline loss, that would be 242 and 221, so that's 61/41 increase in WHP. That superchips 30whp increase is impressive.

So the supercharger kit is about twice as much increase as the superchips.....So it'll make more, but.......:surprised:
Cheap and performance don't belong in the same sentence, you will never get anything reliable for cheap when it comes to performance gains...

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
So just to stir the pot here.

Engines are essentially air pumps and at 100% volumetric efficiency they are able ingest, combust and exhaust a given volume of atmosphere equal to the swept volume of the pistons plus the combustion chamber volume. This should be reflected in manifold pressure as small rise above ambient during those brief moments the valves are closed.

So far so good.

Superchargers and turbochargers work to increase the air volume flowing into the engine and so long as the various other parts of the engine have been enlarged to promote this flow things should continue as normal. However what is boost pressure? I argue that boost pressure is a reflection of resistance to flow and high boost pressure itself is not a representation of useful increased flow and thus power output.

Big boy industrial air compressors are not much more that an electric motor turning a supercharger and while it is possible to see 200psi or beyond it’s only because all the consumers are closed and not flowing. The same situation exists with an engine where I would prefer to to see manifold pressure decrease as air volume throughput increases.

The direction here is that boost pressure is and of itself not an indicator of actual developed power output, throwing more air at a stock 3.6L is not going to make a lot more power without revised ignition timing, more fuel and in light of the high static compression, revised combustion chambers. But if I had the choice of more air volume or more air pressure I would choose volume because depending on cam lobe overlap you can end up blowing mixture out the exhaust valve.

From all indications edelbrock seems to know what they are doing and what I’ve read about their 3.6 kit it works well and I would prefer to spend some more money with them based on overall competency.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
So just to stir the pot here.

Engines are essentially air pumps and at 100% volumetric efficiency they are able ingest, combust and exhaust a given volume of atmosphere equal to the swept volume of the pistons plus the combustion chamber volume. This should be reflected in manifold pressure as small rise above ambient during those brief moments the valves are closed.

So far so good.

Superchargers and turbochargers work to increase the air volume flowing into the engine and so long as the various other parts of the engine have been enlarged to promote this flow things should continue as normal. However what is boost pressure? I argue that boost pressure is a reflection of resistance to flow and high boost pressure itself is not a representation of useful increased flow and thus power output.

Big boy industrial air compressors are not much more that an electric motor turning a supercharger and while it is possible to see 200psi or beyond it’s only because all the consumers are closed and not flowing. The same situation exists with an engine where I would prefer to to see manifold pressure decrease as air volume throughput increases.

The direction here is that boost pressure is and of itself not an indicator of actual developed power output, throwing more air at a stock 3.6L is not going to make a lot more power without revised ignition timing, more fuel and in light of the high static compression, revised combustion chambers. But if I had the choice of more air volume or more air pressure I would choose volume because depending on cam lobe overlap you can end up blowing mixture out the exhaust valve.

From all indications edelbrock seems to know what they are doing and what I’ve read about their 3.6 kit it works well and I would prefer to spend some more money with them based on overall competency.
ZNvTDck.gif

relapsekg

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon; 2012 VW GTI ; 1999 S10 ZR2
Occupation
IT
So +60 hp from a blower?

Waste of time...