GOBI Gladiator JT Club

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
We saw that jeep at Jeep Beach this year, and really liked that color (also thought it was Gobi), but the renderings on the jeep website were so very different. Everyone kept stating that "THAT WAS THE GATOR COLOR". I have my doubts , think it's going to be more like Tank green, and am not willing to wait for a color, then figure out it isn't what they say..
It is confirmed to be Gator
Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
So, I am looking around the forum and see that the Gobi thread has only 3 pages. Is this really not a popular color? I first saw a similar color on the Tacoma a few years ago and thought it looked great. When I saw that it would be available on the JT I was sure that was the one for me. I will admit I had a bit of a crisis yesterday when I found out the wayout concept was Gator and not Gobi as I had thought. It really doesn't look anything like the render on the Jeep page. But I still think Gobi is the one for me.

I think the Tacoma color has more brown in it than this

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
I think the Tacoma color has more brown in it than this
I feel like I have seen at least a couple different shades on the Toyota. But yes they are probably more brown.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Saw a gobi with Michigan plates and what sounded like a diesel getting on the 5 north today.
Got caught by slow traffic or I would have paparazzi’d it.

Up until today I was dead set on hydro blue but it was beautiful. Looked like an overland with PTM top.

I’m really stuck now

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
Saw a gobi with Michigan plates and what sounded like a diesel getting on the 5 north today.
Got caught by slow traffic or I would have paparazzi’d it.

Up until today I was dead set on hydro blue but it was beautiful. Looked like an overland with PTM top.

I’m really stuck now
Oooohhhhhh

I originally thought I would wait for the diesel but after weighing the options it looks like gas will be better for me.

Sponsored

Gobi One

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU
That is interesting that they gave you an expected delivery on something you can't even order yet. And January would be past 16 weeks. Most orders other than the Granite Crystal folks seem to be in the 8 to 12 week range with some as little as 4 or 5. I am anticipating late October to November myself. Maybe it is wishful thinking but it seems reasonable based on others experiences. Of course this is assuming you are not getting a color matched hard top which would change things.
Color Matched Hard Top was ordered...

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
Color Matched Hard Top was ordered...
Yes, that changes things. I believe the date for color matched tops is October 7 or something. That puts you 5 to 6 weeks past when Gobi is supposed to start. Suppose being the key word here

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
So, in light of all the "status X hell" threads can we start a waiting to order hell thread. I do feel bad for those folks stuck in whatever status they are in but I gotta say I am a little jealous they have a status. With the push back of Punk'n and now Hydro our odds are not looking good. Those poor bastards in the Gator club are even that much worse than us. And you color matched top folks, well bless your hearts, you are really struggling I'm sure.
So here we wait.
That Sting Gray is a cool color isn't it?:(

MirMir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Altitude
So, in light of all the "status X hell" threads can we start a waiting to order hell thread. I do feel bad for those folks stuck in whatever status they are in but I gotta say I am a little jealous they have a status. With the push back of Punk'n and now Hydro our odds are not looking good. Those poor bastards in the Gator club are even that much worse than us. And you color matched top folks, well bless your hearts, you are really struggling I'm sure.
So here we wait.
That Sting Gray is a cool color isn't it?:(
i believe they opened up orders for the color matched hardtop for the previously released colors.

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
i believe they opened up orders for the color matched hardtop for the previously released colors.
I think they did but Gobi and Gator are specifically on the schedule as October 7th for color matched.

Sponsored

Gobi One

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU
As a heads up, the only delay listed for my Gobi order at the moment is the 26th, no delay back to the 7th for color matched top. Interested to see if this changes once the 26th actually hits and orders open.

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
G

Granite Crystal or White is looking super nice right about now....
Don't do it! I actually picked my user name to force me to stay the course. How silly would it look if Gobi Wan was over posting in the White JT club :facepalm:
Sponsored