Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
@Rock Krawler Suspension

Does this retain factory payload amount?
How much bumper weight is reasonable to add before height changes?
Can you walk me through the difference between the X factor and no limit options?
Do you recommend a different steering stabilizer?
I noticed you recommend 4.5 BS to clear 37s. Iā€™d rather not run negative backspacing. If I run a 5.5 what will happen?
Pros/cons to your shocks vs something like Falcon? I had their leveling kit on my F-150 and it dramatically improved the performance. I also like the their roost guards
Last Q. Has this been tested for towing?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 JT Rubi, 2020 JT Sport Hemi Swap, 2021 JT Rubi Diesel
@Rock Krawler Suspension

Does this retain factory payload amount?
How much bumper weight is reasonable to add before height changes?
Can you walk me through the difference between the X factor and no limit options?
Do you recommend a different steering stabilizer?
I noticed you recommend 4.5 BS to clear 37s. Iā€™d rather not run negative backspacing. If I run a 5.5 what will happen?
Pros/cons to your shocks vs something like Falcon? I had their leveling kit on my F-150 and it dramatically improved the performance. I also like the their roost guards
Last Q. Has this been tested for towing?
It maintains some rake, roughly 1/2" depending on options. Our spring rate in the rear is nearly identical to the factory rates, we moved the transition in the rate down slightly to give a better ride unloaded. All that to say, yes, payload is unchanged.

The only difference between No Limits kits and traditional X Factor kits is the front sway bar links. The NL links are intended for Rubicons only and allow full use of the E-disconnect without binding. The traditional X Factor is intended for Sports and Overlands.

We have been running the factory stabilizer without issue, so if you want to, you can but it is not required by any means.

If you run a 5.5" BS, the tire will rub on the lower control arms in the front when steering and the rears may get into the sway bar links under articulation.

Our 2.25's are aluminum, rebuildable, can be easily custom valved, etc. We spent a TON of time tuning ride quality under a lot of different situations and are sure that anyone would have a hard time not liking our valving. I have not seen or used any Falcon JT shocks so I can not speak to them. We use nitrotec for our shafts, they really don't need roost guards.

We have tested towing, and it does quite well, very similar to stock assuming you choose a correct gear for the axles.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2 door/2020 Gladiator Rubicon
@Rock Krawler Suspension

I noticed that there isnā€™t new brake lines. Not required on the Gladiator?

Are the recommended 3ā€ bumpstops included?

New front driveshaft required?

Readily available next month?

Looking at the X Factor/No Limits/S1

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Rock Krawler Suspension

I noticed that there isnā€™t new brake lines. Not required on the Gladiator?

Are the recommended 3ā€ bumpstops included?

New front driveshaft required?

Readily available next month?

Looking at the X Factor/No Limits/S1

Thanks for your time.

Brake lines are not needed if you're keeping rear shocks under 28.5". If you want to run longer, we will have brake lines available shortly along with solutions for the pinion angle sweep.

Front drive shaft is not required

Kits start flowing out the door this week, you should be able to get a hold of a kit through any of the large retailers out there in the next few weeks.

No limits are intended for Rubicon owners.

attworth

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜00 LR Disco II, ā€˜17 Toyota Sienna
@Rock Krawler Suspension you mention the factory payload isnā€™t affected, and elsewhere said these are quad rate rear springs. Have you driven/rode around with significant weight constantly in the rear? Iā€™m planning on having a drawer system and a bed cap on my JT, so at a minimum Iā€™ll have around 400 lbs in the back all the time, plus whatever crap is in the drawers. Iā€™m wondering how these will do with that weight all the time.

Iā€™m also a little concerned with excessive sag. Would you guys do a taller spring in the back for guys like me?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Rock Krawler Suspension you mention the factory payload isnā€™t affected, and elsewhere said these are quad rate rear springs. Have you driven/rode around with significant weight constantly in the rear? Iā€™m planning on having a drawer system and a bed cap on my JT, so at a minimum Iā€™ll have around 400 lbs in the back all the time, plus whatever crap is in the drawers. Iā€™m wondering how these will do with that weight all the time.

Iā€™m also a little concerned with excessive sag. Would you guys do a taller spring in the back for guys like me?
We did not set the truck level when we built these springs, we left about 1/2" of rake in the springs because we feel people will want to use the bed of the JT. I, personally, had about 800 pounds in the bed of the JT when I drove to Toledo for a show this year and was meeting up with a couple customers to deliver some long arm kits. It was about 12.5 hours and made the truck sit just about level. After about 30 minutes of driving, you'd forget that it was in there. I'm going to a show in CT this weekend and will ferry about 600 pounds each way, 6 hours round trip.

What bed cap are you going with? I haven't seen one out for the JT yet.

EDIT: I didn't grab a pic of the JT when loaded for Toledo but can grab one this weekend if you'd like so you can see the stance with weight in the bed.

attworth

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜00 LR Disco II, ā€˜17 Toyota Sienna
We did not set the truck level when we built these springs, we left about 1/2" of rake in the springs because we feel people will want to use the bed of the JT. I, personally, had about 800 pounds in the bed of the JT when I drove to Toledo for a show this year and was meeting up with a couple customers to deliver some long arm kits. It was about 12.5 hours and made the truck sit just about level. After about 30 minutes of driving, you'd forget that it was in there. I'm going to a show in CT this weekend and will ferry about 600 pounds each way, 6 hours round trip.

What bed cap are you going with? I haven't seen one out for the JT yet.

EDIT: I didn't grab a pic of the JT when loaded for Toledo but can grab one this weekend if you'd like so you can see the stance with weight in the bed.
Iā€™d love to see a pic with some weight!

Iā€™m thinking Iā€™ll go with the RLD Design cap. Iā€™m torn between that and a Leitner rack, but I think I would like an enclosed cap better since my dog will be back there on our trips.

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll snap one when I load up for this weekend. I'll have to check out that RLD cap, I might want to go that route too on the next JT

fitchottie

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
So is your suspension stiffer than OEM or the Mopar 2", because their stuff is soft, I can tell you that. I am looking for a firmer setup.

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So is your suspension stiffer than OEM or the Mopar 2", because their stuff is soft, I can tell you that. I am looking for a firmer setup.
Factory is kinda squishy for sure, the nice thing with multi rate coils is that you can design into the coil where you want the transition to take place from one rate to the next. We maintain a stock like ride, although a little more firm, and plan for the transition to take place with about 200# in the bed.

Describing ride quality is challenging and I find it easiest to describe in ways that people are familiar with. If you've ever driven a honda or a toyota, you know they're soft and squishy, if you compared that to something German like a Volkswagen or Audi, we are much more in the VW/Audi area.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.