Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
This is probably a good spot to drop this honest, real, non-biased review. The entire thing is worth a watch, but he basically sums it up at 6:00 in the video.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I think I am going to quit my day job and review vehicles:

2019 Ford Ranger XL vs. 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport: Work Truck Showdown

All work and no play makes truck a dull buy?

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/jee...gladiator-sport-work-truck-comparison-review/
That was possibly the worse comparison that I have ever read...

A Ford XL Ranger super cab 2WD with auto transmission compared to a Gladiator sport with a manual. Could these trucks be any different??

Toycrusher2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
That was possibly the worse comparison that I have ever read...

A Ford XL Ranger super cab 2WD with auto transmission compared to a Gladiator sport with a manual. Could these trucks be any different??
Alex Leanse is just a bad writer period. I can't think of a good article he's written. I'm naturally biased towards the Jeep but the comparison was ridiculous from every angle. He clearly detests pickups in general. There was no basis or application for anything. Is the intended use as a work truck? What kind of work? Hauling? Towing? Is it a secondary pleasure vehicle? With a $16,000 difference in as-tested price what was the purpose? Why not compare a Ford Transit to a Renegade? Or a Focus to a Chrysler 300?

Rant over...

Or not, but I better stop.

Sponsored

surge101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
The truck community certainly is the oddest bunch I’ve encountered when it comes to reviews. If someone’s opinion doesn’t reflect their own conceptions they seem to try to rip the writer apart. I’ve seen people go far beyond the review to insulting the way the person looks, their age, calling them all kinds of things to try to justify why their OPINION is wrong. I just don’t get it. I’m
actually more happy when I read criticism of something I want to buy. That way I feel I’m actually reading a review than a propaganda piece. I already bought my truck and I’m happy I did, but that doesn’t mean It’s without flaws.

this rant isn’t really rated to this specific review, just what I’ve seen in general with reviews for this truck. For instance the criticism of the M/T in this truck in the earlier reviews lead me to get a A/T and the reviews really detailed why I should make that decision, however the comments for these reviews seemed to just rip the person reviewing the truck apart rather than actually providing more insight on the truck.

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
First On Race Day! Seriously though. A local yard service is using a white Glad while towing a trailer. Definitely needs a drop style hitch ball or larger trailer wheels as the trailer is a$$ low but otherwise looking good. My first F150 was a 1984 302 used for the same purpose. Having experience with both marques, if some one gave me a Ranger, it would be up for sale pronto. Any one want to gift me a gladiator?

hlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubiconus Maximus
I recently had a Ranger XLT as rental for a few days. It wasn't a bad truck, but it also wasn't great. You could tell it seemed to be old, yet it was a new model and desperately needed to be refreshed. Anyways, I averaged 23 mpg in mixed driving which was what impressed me the most and it was pretty smooth driving. But since it was a rental, it was missing a lot of little creature comforts and I couldn't wait to get back to my Rubicon.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
I had a hard time finding tow ratings for the 4x4 big cab? Was reading the Ranger build specs /prices yesterday. Would have been nice to see them put a 3.6 or 3.7 v6 in one for comparison. Question too, they did not solid front axle did they? Hard to browse at work.
Sponsored