LED Bulb Replacement - IT WORKS!

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
I bought some Beamtech H13 LED bulbs https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073ZDLKT9/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza and tried to install them today and the plugs don't match up. On my stock headlight the stock bulb's wire hooks to the inside of the headlight and on the outside it's a square plug. The LED bulb has a rectangular plug with rounded ends. How do I unhook the stock bulb? It looks like I'd have to take apart the the whole headlight to remove the stock bulb's plug.

JOKER8R

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR / GCM - 2016 KIA Optima
I bought some Beamtech H13 LED bulbs https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073ZDLKT9/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza and tried to install them today and the plugs don't match up. On my stock headlight the stock bulb's wire hooks to the inside of the headlight and on the outside it's a square plug. The LED bulb has a rectangular plug with rounded ends. How do I unhook the stock bulb? It looks like I'd have to take apart the the whole headlight to remove the stock bulb's plug.
I removed the grill then removed the headlight assembly. After that unscrew the big plug seal on back to access the wires and unplug them. Is this what you were asking?

Sponsored

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I removed the grill then removed the headlight assembly. After that unscrew the big plug seal on back to access the wires and unplug them. Is this what you were asking?
I did that. When I unplug the stock bulb the wire for it goes down inside the headlight assembly and connects to that square-ish plug. So I can't remove the stock halogen bulb unless I take apart the whole headlight assembly. I should have taken pics haha

JOKER8R

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did that. When I unplug the stock bulb the wire for it goes down inside the headlight assembly and connects to that square-ish plug. So I can't remove the stock halogen bulb unless I take apart the whole headlight assembly. I should have taken pics haha
On mine, when I unplug the bulb the LED bulb wire plugs into that connection. Weird, not sure about yours

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's weird. I've put LED bulbs in my previous Wranglers and they had an adapter to go from the standard halogen plug to the LED. It was so odd that I took off the headlight and cap and removed the halogen bulb but the wire for the bulb goes down inside the headlight and I'd have to have babydoll hands to reach down and try to unplug it. At this point I'd plug in the LED bulb and have to get an adapter so I can plug the wire into the plug that comes from the Jeep but the existing halogen plug would have to just dangle from the back of the headlight. I'm not sure if I can remove the plug that attaches to the back of the LED bulb.

JOKER8R

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's weird. I've put LED bulbs in my previous Wranglers and they had an adapter to go from the standard halogen plug to the LED. It was so odd that I took off the headlight and cap and removed the halogen bulb but the wire for the bulb goes down inside the headlight and I'd have to have babydoll hands to reach down and try to unplug it. At this point I'd plug in the LED bulb and have to get an adapter so I can plug the wire into the plug that comes from the Jeep but the existing halogen plug would have to just dangle from the back of the headlight. I'm not sure if I can remove the plug that attaches to the back of the LED bulb.
This isn’t my picture but using as reference. When you unplug the back of the oem bulb the wire harness (should) plug right into the led harness. Maybe your LEDs aren’t compatible.

96D6024E-6FC2-4795-9727-D259D8649440.jpeg

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This isn’t my picture but using as reference. When you unplug the back of the oem bulb the wire harness (should) plug right into the led harness. Maybe your LEDs aren’t compatible.

96D6024E-6FC2-4795-9727-D259D8649440.jpeg
Maybe. I sent a message to the seller this afternoon and am waiting to see what they say. The way my headlights are, on the back bottom of the headlight assembly is a square plug that plugs into the wire coming from the jeep. It won't plug into that kind of plug on the Beamtech LED bulb. Thanks for your help.

Sponsored

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just watched this video ( ) and see what I did wrong. I need to take the plug off the back of the halogen bulb. I knew it had to be something simple haha

biggdave92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR / 2000 XJ Sport 4x4
EDIT: EMERGENCY, DON'T STAR TREK Anton Yelchin yourself. If you want to take photos of the reverse lights, make sure you pull up hard on the ebrake if you leave it in reverse, or better yet, have your wife stay in vehicle with ebrake on, ready to step on real brake, if it moves (otherwise you get red brake light in your photos). I almost Darwined myself because the truck started going backwards because I didn't yank the ebrake hard enough.:lipssealed::asshat::whew:

Okay, so originally I bought the 3 inexpensive amazon LED bulbs thatq were mentioned on like page 1-3, one of those bulbs was this,
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H6YPB8N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This was intended for the DRL, but i didn't realize my sport s has no DRL. Oh well they were only like $17.

THEN, i saw somebody post these for backup lights.
https://headlightrevolution.com/2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-led-reverse-bulbs-1000-lumen/

so i went to that page and read this, "These bulbs labeled "7440" and will fit any 7443, 7444, 7505 bulbs style housings. They will fit any housing (DRL, fog light, reverse light, etc...) that is sized between 23mm - 29mm in opening diameter."

So i went to amazon to buy new 7440 bulbs and realized, SHIT, I ALREADY BOUGHT SOMEm :whatsgoingon:. Those DRL bulbs are 7440.

Go out to my JT and take the reverse bulb out..........LMAO:CWL:, no way that 7440 will fit. Look at the bulb and see a 921 on the bulb, google search and find these from same manufacturer.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072FHNZKW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
so i bought these reverse lights. put them in, pull e brake, put in reverse, nothing. it's night here. my 8.4" display is purple. no reverse lights. HELP!!! lol

biggdave92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR / 2000 XJ Sport 4x4
and i put the original bulbs back in, still no reverse lights.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
so i bought these reverse lights. put them in, pull e brake, put in reverse, nothing. it's night here. my 8.4" display is purple. no reverse lights. HELP!!! lol
well that's weird. Was your door open and nothing worked?

These cars have auto-park. So if your seatbelt isn't fastened, and the door opens below a certain mph, the car will auto park.

WARNING, DON'T KILL YOURSELF!

I plugged seatbelt in, pulled ebrake hard, put in reverse, then opened door.

If that still doesn't work for you.......i'm at a loss. Do you have a sport/overland or rubicon? you said you've got the 8.4" screen?
Sponsored