Sponsored

Rubi vs America's most wanted hemi swap?

octagon

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand wagoneer

MRW

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2012 JK8, 2015 JKUR, 1986 CJ7...........
I have a AMW swap on my Gladiator. The kit is first rate and their customer service before and after the deal is also first rate. I believe that Rubitrux is using the AMW kit for their swaps. I have the 6.4 swap which also comes with a new trans, radiator, motor mounts, exhaust and just about everything you need to complete the swap excluding some fluids. Everything is plug in and bolt in except for the motor mounts which must be welded in however they have guide makes to make sure you get them in the right spot. I think the 6.4 kit is around $26,500. Labor should run around $5,000-$6,000. The guys at AMW know what they are doing and can do these swaps inter sleep. I have heard the same about Rubutrux. It boils down to what is closer, Holly Michigan or North Carolina. AMW does have other shops that they have doing swaps inn other areas. I have about 1300 miles on my swap and I couldn't be happier. Still in the break-in mode so I have not driven it hard but it is a different vehicle with the swap. I absolutely love it.

Nate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist
Itā€™s the same kit/price either way.....

35k for 6.4 or 58k for 6.2 supercharged. Just pick who is closer.

Cristagalli

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 TJR
RubiTrux sources their Hemis from Americas Most Wanted. There are several places that get Hemis from AMW. There is a new shop in Myrtle Beach, SC called Aggressive Krawlers that can also do Hemi swaps if other places don't work. All pricing should be the same for the Hemis.

OP
OP

octagon

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand wagoneer
RubiTrux sources their Hemis from Americas Most Wanted. There are several places that get Hemis from AMW. There is a new shop in Myrtle Beach, SC called Aggressive Krawlers that can also do Hemi swaps if other places don't work. All pricing should be the same for the Hemis.
Thanks everyone, I put a deposit down w/ AMW for a 6.4 as I didn't want to swap axles. 6.4 just requires a re-gearing.

Sponsored

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
Thanks everyone, I put a deposit down w/ AMW for a 6.4 as I didn't want to swap axles. 6.4 just requires a re-gearing.
What did you get for the 3.6?

MRW

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2012 JK8, 2015 JKUR, 1986 CJ7...........
What did you get for the 3.6?
$2500 for engine and trans. You will have some other parts to sell as people start wrecking their gladiators and JL's. Electric Power Steering pump, radiator and fans, overflow tanks, washer fluid tank (pump gets reused), air filter box and intake.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
I know Iā€™m late to this conversation, but a Hemi is the perfect power balance when you lift the truck and add larger, heavier wheels/tires. I plan on sending mine to Rubitrux in January for the magic.

Two years ago, I replaced the anemic turbo diesel in my ā€˜88 LR Defender with the LS and 6L80 tranny from a 2012 Camaro. An amazing transformation and I did all the work myself.

Sponsored

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Performance Coach
Hereā€™s Reggieā€™s.

Cristagalli

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 TJR
I know Iā€™m late to this conversation, but a Hemi is the perfect power balance when you lift the truck and add larger, heavier wheels/tires. I plan on sending mine to Rubitrux in January for the magic.

Two years ago, I replaced the anemic turbo diesel in my ā€˜88 LR Defender with the LS and 6L80 tranny from a 2012 Camaro. An amazing transformation and I did all the work myself.

I do not know what Rubitrux wait time is currently, but if you are looking to get the Hemi done sooner give Aggressive Krawlers Off-Road in Myrtle Beach a call. They can likely get it done sooner.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Performance Coach
I do not know what Rubitrux wait time is currently, but if you are looking to get the Hemi done sooner give Aggressive Krawlers Off-Road in Myrtle Beach a call. They can likely get it done sooner.
Thanks, Joseph. I will ship it up to Boone the first week of January and have it back by the first week of February. BTW, Jesse has been awesome to work with and gives me great confidence. Iā€™ll let you know how it goes.

Cristagalli

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 TJR
Thanks, Joseph. I will ship it up to Boone the first week of January and have it back by the first week of February. BTW, Jesse has been awesome to work with and gives me great confidence. Iā€™ll let you know how it goes.
Yes sir. They do a great job up there. I have friends that had AEV lifts installed by Rubitrux. They have since converted to Rebel Offroad Recon kits with King coil overs. And they now have Hemis installed by Aggressive Krawlers. Jessie is a great guy and really helpful. You will have an awesome beast when they are done.
Sponsored