OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, '21 JLU 80th | Past '20 JTR, '18 JLUR
My wife won’t approve one without!
I have not found anything that would handle real off-road trails and have a bathroom under 14'L and 8'H with a bathroom. If you will be going on fire roads only there are several options under 20' but the height are all over 9' which causes the frontal area to exceed the recommendations.

For me, any pop-up or A-Liners are out as I will not do any type of pop-up. I am also trying to find something that will fit in my garage which causes it's own issues. I want semi off-road ready, light, small, propane heater/stove/refrigerator, and a bathroom for a just in case needed aspect.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
It would appear, after observing the comments from those towing with their JTs, almost all of them Rubicon or Sport, which means every one a 4.10 gear ratio, that the reason mine is really bad at towing a 1500 pound empty low-riding flatbed trailer is the 3.73 ratio.
That is the only difference I can figure. Everyone is praising how well theirs does.

Tonopah01

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT auto; 2005 Wrangler TJ Unlimited
Occupation
retired
The T@G is tiny. Secure place to sleep and good kitchen -- that's about it. I added a propane heater and revised the suspension to a Timbren. Now it pulls over rugged terrain without bouncing all over the place and provides a warm place to sleep. Covers the basics but you're going to be peeing in the bushes.

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
It would appear, after observing the comments from those towing with their JTs, almost all of them Rubicon or Sport, which means every one a 4.10 gear ratio, that the reason mine is really bad at towing a 1500 pound empty low-riding flatbed trailer is the 3.73 ratio.
That is the only difference I can figure. Everyone is praising how well theirs does.
I was looking at just trailer tow with 3.73 as it would save a good bit of money vs max tow if I wanted a sport s. But my gut is telling me I'd regret it if I ever wanted to tow a decent amount! Good news is I think I've settled on getting the soft top instead of hard top so I can quit fighting myself on that. Now it's just down to trims. This will probably go back and forth until I throw in the towel and order.

Sponsored

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Love it! More pics after you outfit it please.
Will do, right now we’re mid epic road trip back from OK to VA. 2500 miles in 4 days, clearly we’re stupid :CWL:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Only Rubicon and Sport w/ max tow have 4.10s
That's what I meant but failed to complete the thought. Correct.
Base sport with no max tow has the 3.73 like Overland. Rubicon all get 4.10 from the factory, and Sport with max tow gets 4.10 factory.

robertm55

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
I pull our travel trailer all over the place.
Been to Myrtle Beach, Western Pennsylvania,Jersey shore, mountains etc.
It weighs about 5000 pounds. I have a weight transfer hitch set up. Pulls nice and easy.
20190815_183635.jpg

Towed over 12000 miles so far.

20190811_101755.jpg

20191020_085727.jpg

Sassums

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I got the Sport S Max Tow package and just pulled the 22' boat over the weekend. Pulled it out of the boat ramp with no problem...at very low tide. The boat weighs about 3,500 - 4,000 lbs.

IMG_0158.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
I got the Sport S Max Tow package and just pulled the 22' boat over the weekend. Pulled it out of the boat ramp with no problem...at very low tide. The boat weighs about 3,500 - 4,000 lbs.

Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? {filename}
Your image link is broken.

Ferg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired College Instructor
Vehicle Showcase

I don’t have the MaxTow pkg, and I tow my Retro 135 without any problems at all. My mileage is terrible — I average about 11 mpg or so — but the truck itself handles just fine. What is it about yours that you consider to be “really bad” ref towing?

Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? {filename}
Sponsored