Sponsored

Jeep Pickup (JT) Spied With Production-Intent Bed!

JAY

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
The elusive Jeep Wrangler pickup hasn’t been seen in nine months, but today we spied it again and it’s looking more production ready than it did last summer!

The previous Wrangler pickup prototype we saw (see first sighting pics) had a pickup bed that was obviously a temporary part (borrowed from a Ram 1500) with a cobbled together fit, and wheels that weren’t even centered in the wheel wells. The bed on the prototype spied today looks much more like the real deal.

The prototype in our photos is the 4 door unlimited crew cab pickup model.

Originally slated for production beginning late 2018, the JT pickup has been pushed to late 2019.

2019-Jeep-Pickup-Truck-1.jpg
2019-Jeep-Pickup-Truck-2.jpg
2019-Jeep-Pickup-Truck-3.jpg
2019-Jeep-Pickup-Truck-4.jpg
2019-Jeep-Pickup-Truck-5.jpg
2019-Jeep-Pickup-Truck-6.jpg
2019-Jeep-Pickup-Truck-7.jpg
2019-Jeep-Pickup-Truck-8.jpg
2019-Jeep-Pickup-Truck-9.jpg
2019-Jeep-Pickup-Truck-10.jpg
2019-Jeep-Pickup-Truck-11.jpg
2019-Jeep-Pickup-Truck-12.jpg
2019-Jeep-Pickup-Truck-13.jpg
2019-Jeep-Pickup-Truck-14.jpg
Sponsored

CorpCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Nice shots!! Definitely looks more production ready than the first JT prototype. Bed looks about same size as AEV Brute.

Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 7.34.04 AM.jpg

RobNY

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 TJ
The JT is shaping up nicely!

No sign of spare on the sides of car like Gladiator concept and not on the tailgate so maybe it'll be mounted underbody.

JJ75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Is that the exhaust muffler or a chrome bumper? No chrome body parts please.

Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 7.54.34 AM.jpg

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
The JT is shaping up nicely!

No sign of spare on the sides of car like Gladiator concept and not on the tailgate so maybe it'll be mounted underbody.
I sure hope so.

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Nice shots!! Definitely looks more production ready than the first JT prototype. Bed looks about same size as AEV Brute.

Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 7.34.04 AM.jpg
That color looks awesome. Anyone know what it is? I wouldn't mind a JT looking just like that.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator Jeep Pickup (JT) Spied With Production-Intent Bed! {filename}

Its weird how much wider the front end looks then the rear. I hope its a) the angle of the photo or b) thats not how the production unit turns out.

Also all these photos look like people are using Drones to take them. I guess drones have made it a lot harder to keep these prototypes under wraps.

Dackel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, Ram 1500

Its weird how much wider the front end looks then the rear. I hope its a) the angle of the photo or b) thats not how the production unit turns out.

Also all these photos look like people are using Drones to take them. I guess drones have made it a lot harder to keep these prototypes under wraps.
Agreed, I didn't notice it at first but this angle makes it very obvious and strange looking. The front track looks like it's 6 inches wider than the rear in this photo.

Sponsored

Work

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JK Willys Wheeler Granite Crystal
Woooo I'm pretty torn. It'd be so nice if they'd just unveil both at the same time so I could make a better educated decision. The bed would be useful but it kinda loses the Jeep feel. I think it might look a little odd with the doors and roof removed. I think I'm still leaning towards the JLU but the truck will be super interesting to see.

Cal_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future JLU
Agreed, I didn't notice it at first but this angle makes it very obvious and strange looking. The front track looks like it's 6 inches wider than the rear in this photo.

Could be any number of things: 1) Angle (as mentioned). 2) It's still in prototype testing, so there's a chance they could be using mismatch fender flares. I honestly think the final product is underneath the camo and you're being fooled by the angle. A lot of things can get distorted with relative ease from behind a lens.

Chad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Yukon
I may be swayed to the truck version so long as it looks like the above AND the top & doors come off. If the complete top doesn't come off - there is 0% chance of getting the truck version.

Sponsored