Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Jesus, mind as well have reprinted last years news stories and saved some time. This even always seems to be a shit show.

Being a, some might say, northern yankee, I look at all of these mud fest type events as a horrid waste of my time and effort. If I wanted pink eye and trashy behavior I'd be there in a flash but boggin gets booring fast, drunk folks flying the flag isn't as fun 20 years on and holy hell people, why the fuck can non one behave in public anymore? In my youth I witnessed an entire hardcore punk show stop, turn on the house lights and help get the kid off the floor in the pit, make sure he was okay and then got back to it. And no one was in anyway bothered except perhaps security who were looking for a reason to shut the show down. Last year some people got run over, this year its shootings. People ::flickers room lights:: People come on now!
Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
This has so many negativity things. It should start with the comment of "Redneck" being a negative discription so someone that actually works out side is a dirtbag? WTF has this country became. So farmers, oil field workers, welders and like are dirtbags??? This is part of the problem here when people that work with their hands are looked down on, there is a difference between a "Redneck" and a dirtbag. I'm trying not to go political here but a S### bag is just that not a "Redneck" aka some one that works outside. Now the dumbasses that are being theirselves and showing.
Now on to this load of stupid, I was invited to go on a trail ride with a group on our 4 wheelers years back. We trailered them a hour or so away unload them, everyone else was loading coolers of beer and alcohol. They had a few, then ride 5-10 minutes stop drink few more. That was how that day went. On that day I didn't ride 10 miles, I was wondering WTF did I spend my time and money to do this... I came here to ride not drink, I can do that at home. And no I didn't drink alcohol, why I have to be able to drive. :facepalm: I guess after having to "clean up the mess" of Drunks, druggie's and drunk drivers you get jaded.
I guess I don't like or understand why going somewhere to get in large groups of people to be stupid drunk and out of control .... much less with people who I don't know or can't trust. Probably due to much of my life experiences.

And yes I'm a F##### Damn Yankee too " I moved to the South. The F part is I bought a house and stayed :LOL:

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yay houston!- if you want to see something hilarious, take a look.

Couldn't get me near the peninsula for this event.

The "jeep" topless weekend has been a moron show for years now, not even really a Jeep thing anymore. No way I'd go to that cesspool.

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Volvo Xc90 Polestar
Occupation
Finder of bad stuff and people.
Vehicle Showcase
This has so many negativity things. It should start with the comment of "Redneck" being a negative discription so someone that actually works out side is a dirtbag? WTF has this country became. So farmers, oil field workers, welders and like are dirtbags??? This is part of the problem here when people that work with their hands are looked down on, there is a difference between a "Redneck" and a dirtbag. I'm trying not to go political here but a S### bag is just that not a "Redneck" aka some one that works outside. Now the dumbasses that are being theirselves and showing.
Now on to this load of stupid, I was invited to go on a trail ride with a group on our 4 wheelers years back. We trailered them a hour or so away unload them, everyone else was loading coolers of beer and alcohol. They had a few, then ride 5-10 minutes stop drink few more. That was how that day went. On that day I didn't ride 10 miles, I was wondering WTF did I spend my time and money to do this... I came here to ride not drink, I can do that at home. And no I didn't drink alcohol, why I have to be able to drive. :facepalm: I guess after having to "clean up the mess" of Drunks, druggie's and drunk drivers you get jaded.
I guess I don't like or understand why going somewhere to get in large groups of people to be stupid drunk and out of control .... much less with people who I don't know or can't trust. Probably due to much of my life experiences.

And yes I'm a F##### Damn Yankee too " I moved to the South. The F part is I bought a house and stayed :LOL:
This is true- I love MudJam BTW, always a great time, I use the Polaris for that though- the gladiator tows it well.

It doesn't matter where you are you find things like this. In San Diego it was OTL, in NorCal it's Wakefest or Lost Isle. You'll find idiots wherever you go. I hit these things when i was younger and it was a blast, but it's always the people who shouldn't even be there that give things a bad name- The Tagalongs, The people who don't own Jeeps, They Don't own Boats, they are the ride alongs in the Polaris. People who are there with their rig (boat, team, whatever) are usually respectful and take pride in showing their stuff, but respect that different people have different tastes. Its the people who admit, "I just came to party" that have nothing vested and nothing to lose when the event gets shut down.

Sponsored

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Volvo Xc90 Polestar
Occupation
Finder of bad stuff and people.
Vehicle Showcase
The majority of the trouble is from SXS's and truck owners
I can attest that it’s the truck and SXS folks causing all the issues. I had a group of about 8 other cops that all had sxs and 4wheelers that frequented an off road park in Crosby ( just outside of Houston) it was fine for years then we went once about 3 or 4 years ago for “Mudi Gras” and it was red neck heaven. Within 20 minutes we’d scene two or three drunken fights and multiple wrecks. We packed up and left immediately and Never went back during that event.
[/QUOTE]
I agree, The farther you drive from the metro areas the better the riding. Most of the time General Sams is too close, but River Run is still fun. Its even more fun to people watch undercover.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Go on vacation leave on probation.. I have to wonder how many people don't understand how a DUI or like charge can and does change your life.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Usually the Jeep community is known for coming together and setting the example of how great the community is. This could've been done much better. It's not politics, it's just being responsible and leading by example, especially now to help us all get past this virus.

My cat took a duce today. Tie that into the virus next.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
How many people where at this event? How many where charged with seat belt violations? How many where charged with other bull? Not trying to stick up for stupid but maybe it sounds worst than it was.

bheath-atx

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electronic Manufacturing
How many people where at this event? How many where charged with seat belt violations? How many where charged with other bull? Not trying to stick up for stupid but maybe it sounds worst than it was.
I go to Crystal Beach all the time and I've never seen anyone get a seatbelt violation. The tickets are usually MIP, drunk and disorderly etc. The cops there are really good and put up with a lot of nonsense all the time. This event is a known problem is an otherwise great area for families and friends to hang and have a safe and good time. I love Crystal Beach, but I stay away on Go Topless Weekend.

JkJT84

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w Max Tow
Occupation
LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I go to Crystal Beach all the time and I've never seen anyone get a seatbelt violation. The tickets are usually MIP, drunk and disorderly etc. The cops there are really good and put up with a lot of nonsense all the time. This event is a known problem is an otherwise great area for families and friends to hang and have a safe and good time. I love Crystal Beach, but I stay away on Go Topless Weekend.
I go to Crystal Beach often and have even frequented large events like Frogfrest with no issues. It’s just the crowd that’s bad during the recent go topless. As far as the arrests the Sheriff’s Office and DPS put extra staff out in advance with the directive to make arrests.

Kent5

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT shopping
Occupation
Technology
I go to Crystal Beach often and have even frequented large events like Frogfrest with no issues. It’s just the crowd that’s bad during the recent go topless. As far as the arrests the Sheriff’s Office and DPS put extra staff out in advance with the directive to make arrests.
Given the description of events, sounds like the directive to "make arrests" was spot on. A healthy application of cuffed and stuffed was definitely required in that circumstance.
Sponsored