Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
The convertible top design is dumb, the way it stacks. It should have been designed to stack over the bed when folded back. They at least could have made the whole thing quick release with levers so you could throw it in the back under a tonneau without having to fiddle with bolt removal. That said, once the soft top is fully removed (not man-bunned) the truck is brilliant.
Honestly, I like the way it is...., and I think it looks cool --- old school --- folded back like that.... It takes about 3 seconds to fold it back. I have had no issues with it flapping around even at 85 mph.... If it always folded back into the bed, it would interfere with the bed contents.... I think Bestop and FCA did a great job on it.
Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Honestly, I like the way it is...., and I think it looks cool --- old school --- folded back like that.... It takes about 3 seconds to fold it back. I have had no issues with it flapping around even at 85 mph.... If it always folded back into the bed, it would interfere with the bed contents.... I think Bestop and FCA did a great job on it.
I personally am not a huge fan of it folded back. But when it comes down to it, you can't even see it when folded back so who really cares.

I agree with you though I think their design makes sense from the aspect of not having to deal with bed contents or various covers or racks blocking it from folding all the way back.

If I had to have one true complaint its how big of a pain the rear window is to deal with. it is huge and the clips are kind of a pain to get back in, especially if you have any kind of bed cover. Its better then the zippers of past, but is far from quick.

kostik76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Was standing on sidewalk near my JT and heard 2 guys speaking how ugly it was :). Well I could care less, got soft top only so that I can enjoy topless ride and I do lots. could it be better, I think so, but it could not be better built on top of the current platform. Maybe do no hood version with in cabin motor to deal with size better, but then who wants that weird toyota mini van version?

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Was standing on sidewalk near my JT and heard 2 guys speaking how ugly it was :). Well I could care less, got soft top only so that I can enjoy topless ride and I do lots. could it be better, I think so, but it could not be better built on top of the current platform. Maybe do no hood version with in cabin motor to deal with size better, but then who wants that weird toyota mini van version?

Offer them the keys. when they jump at the chance to drive it, smile!

Sponsored

kostik76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
No worries! Those guys probably wouldn’t know how to drive a manual anyways.
i’ve heard a lot of positive comments but not a lot of negative.
It is for sure an anti theft device but I don't need some moron learning to drive on it. My Hyundai Sonata was good for it though.

Swayze

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I’ve had some pretty desirable sports / luxury cars in the past, but more people come over and want to talk about the Gladiator than anything else. Or maybe fewer people like the Gladiator but those that do, love it. I’ve had guys at Home Depot ask to take pictures of the truck or just check it out. And as cool as other cars I’ve driven, almost nothing has made me smile like this Jeep Truck.
Sponsored