Sponsored

Why did everyone decide their trim level (sport vs rubicon etc)?

elarse1

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
It was the only stick shift I could find so my sport trim level chose me :LOL:
I had mine made at the factory so I could get all the options and color that I wanted - took about 6 weeks.
Sponsored

Haden

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport
Build Thread
Link
I went with almost bone stock sport (hard top for PA winters). I wanted a manual trans as a driving preference and don’t tow, so I skipped on the max tow.

The aftermarket is always good for Jeep, so I figure I will just build it exactly the way I want it and learn some things along the way from all the help on this forum and Utube (I don’t know crap about auto work). Just need the darn thing to get delivered to start installing things. Big boxes in the garage are really starting to draw my wife’s attention.

Diaster

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Teacher-Retired Firefighter
Got a North Edition Overland. Had chance at Rubi gor slmost same price but less interior options. Wife hated the red dash and the
overland had Toyo MT tires and Fuel wheels. Besides I woulda stripped out the Rubi suspensio for a lift anyway, so why pay for it? It didnt even have the steel bumper! Lastly, I would rather have limited slip anyway, I don’t go rock crawling but do drive slippery roads.
Jeep Gladiator Why did everyone decide their trim level (sport vs rubicon etc)? 65555DBB-8C7D-4DD4-892A-0B4F2B3C15A7

akguy47

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Oilfield
Vehicle Showcase
Mine came lifted on 35's. I didn't like the look of the Rubicon on skinny tires.

20200624_145026.jpg

AnthonyC

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Firefighter
I chose the Sport S because that's what the dealer had on the lot to take advantage of the Covid Cash deals.... so I bit. Couldn't turn down the deal.

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Where I am all the Sport S were loaded up with stuff I didn't want or need, or things I would do better with after market. Loaded to the extent they were the same price as an Overland with the few things I did want, and with some discounts the Overland was actually less. Then the Rubicon was a solid $12k more all said and done, and I can add the extra bits the Rubicon had later to make the Overland better than that $12k more Rubicon for less money.

In a way because of how the pricing went, the Overland became the Sport S.

akguy47

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Oilfield
Vehicle Showcase
Where I am all the Sport S were loaded up with stuff I didn't want or need, or things I would do better with after market. Loaded to the extent they were the same price as an Overland with the few things I did want, and with some discounts the Overland was actually less. Then the Rubicon was a solid $12k more all said and done, and I can add the extra bits the Rubicon had later to make the Overland better than that $12k more Rubicon for less money.

In a way because of how the pricing went, the Overland became the Sport S.
I live in Alaska and my dealer only had two Gladiators in stock.

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
I had a basic sport on order, but was delayed for manual transmission recall and covid shutdown. My dealer was able to get me in a heavily optioned Overland for less than the price of a Sport. was a no brainer and pulled the trigger with no regrets.

Bruce

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I had a basic sport on order, but was delayed for manual transmission recall and covid shutdown. My dealer was able to get me in a heavily optioned Overland for less than the price of a Sport. was a no brainer and pulled the trigger with no regrets.

Bruce
Exactly what I saw, the Overland was less than the Sport

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
I’ve done the bare bones Jeep; my jk had crank windows, no ac, no options period. I built it up, it was great. Had an xj for a bit as well, that was super fun to build.

But I wanted to just buy a Jeep exactly how I wanted this time. Let’s face it, factory quality is better than some of the work I did as a 20 year old lol. I’m super happy with my rubi

Sponsored

chrisblaze

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328d
I chose an Overland because I knew I'd rarely go rock crawling, why pay for features I know I wont use?

Sportsbiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Digital Experience Program Manager
I went with the Rubicon for its off road capabilities right off the lot, and all covered by the factory warranty. Also, along with it being my daily driver, its purpose is for overlanding, and don't even plan to put larger tires on (I know, unpopular opinion) let alone lift it.

AJ-MJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Cherokee and 1954 Willys
Occupation
Retired
I opted for the RUBICON, mainly for the front and rear lockers and the options to run 35s without a lift or 37s with a minimal lift. I use my jeep mainly for hunting and drive on heavily rutted woods roads. Ground clearance, mud tires and the more tires that are pulling the better! Additionally, my fully loaded 23 foot boat is less that 5000 lbs.

My second point is the towing capacity of a Rubicon is 7000 lbs. verses 7650 lbs. for the Max Tow. The payload is only 300 lbs. more for the Max Tow. With a few modifications and the Max Tow becomes even closer to the Rubicon towing capability. I would ask how many trailer are greater than 7000 lbs. and less than 7650 lbs.

Most importantly, I believe Jeep has all these different trim levels to meet the wide needs/wants of their customer base. It can be price, functionality, various option, daily vs off road or the look that the customer desires. There is a different trim level for you. They are all awesome vehicles. Lastly, JEEPS are the most modified vehicle in the world and we can make them more to our liking.

Enjoyable thread that is really a rehash of prior threads on the same subject!

HjStrater

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Operations
Vehicle Showcase
I was moving from a full size Sierra and needed a daily driver that is capable of handling MN winter storms, be comfortable for my family on the longer drives, and haul/carry stuff like my previous truck did.

This was my first Jeep purchase and I was split between the Overland and Rubicon. I went back and forth on perks vs price and finally opted for the Overland. I like what I could do with a Rubicon, but I love what I know I can do with my Overland.
My decision was made the exact same way, down to the MN winter's. My only regret with my overland is the stock tires don't have the same stance as a Rubicon. Even though I know they do well with snow on pavement (30k into a set on my wife's Traverse) I know I will be replacing them before too long with something bigger and more aggressive to make ice fishing trips that much more fun.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Love my Rubi. Previously bought my JKU in Sahara trim and really regretted and wanted Rubi. Went straight to Rubi this time. Love manual trans, 4:1 transfer case, 4.10 gears, Fox Shocks, f/r lockers, electronic sway bar disco, high line fenders, 33” tires (eventually goin bigger) and steel rear bumper. Only “ragret” is not getting the forward facing trail cam. Getting aftermarket zautomotive cam soon and will turn on with my mini Tazer.

826BBD48-B61D-45FA-9B5D-BFECA9194791.jpeg
Sponsored