Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
j.o.y.ride
Being your mechanic is in the know AKA "off road racing" he may have set it up taking in account of added weight of you and gear in vehicle so with out "you" in it it would be off some. Having control arms, Trac bars, and everything else in correct length and angles set up for correct cast, camber spring and shock alignment (centered under vehicle not offset to side) for best ride, steering control then don't forget pinion angles drive shaft compressed and extended length. Leaf spring suspension is flat out simple to do compared to coil springs system
The difference between "we install kits and parts vs we install and dial in your vehicle" shops... some do it just for the $ and others live it.
But I'm just making a Wild A.. guess here. I knew a few guys that could set up gears, rebuild engines and transmission by eye and feel.
Sponsored

OP
OP
j.o.y.ride

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
j.o.y.ride
Being your mechanic is in the know AKA "off road racing" he may have set it up taking in account of added weight of you and gear in vehicle so with out "you" in it it would be off some. Having control arms, Trac bars, and everything else in correct length and angles set up for correct cast, camber spring and shock alignment (centered under vehicle not offset to side) for best ride, steering control then don't forget pinion angles drive shaft compressed and extended length. Leaf spring suspension is flat out simple to do compared to coil springs system
The difference between "we install kits and parts vs we install and dial in your vehicle" shops... some do it just for the $ and others live it.
But I'm just making a Wild A.. guess here. I knew a few guys that could set up gears, rebuild engines and transmission by eye and feel.
Yeah I took it took it to him because he's not just a guy with a lift and a pneumatic driver who can follow instructions. He's also not one of those show shops who will build crazy trucks in a pristine garage to show off. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I wanted an offroad mechanic not a show car.

Since it's all installed and he is 1.5 hours round trip I may just touch it up myself at that point. Touching up the track bar settings is the easy part. Measure, unbolt, adjust, rebolt, confirm.

Last edited:

Romenator

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Lanch Addition
Occupation
CPA
I went with the Clayton 2.5 inch kit with flacon 3.3 shocks. I am running 37” Goodyear Mgr at 29psi and love the ride. I have the front shocks on 2 and back one 1. The ride at first was too stuff now with the shocks set where I like them the ride is extremely smooth almost factory. Even my wife says the ride is better then stick even at 75 on the freeway.

A9D832A4-E9F5-4167-B47A-149FB3899030.jpeg

FB366DB5-4E02-4FC8-9276-647F2E70E121.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
j.o.y.ride

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I went with the Clayton 2.5 inch kit with flacon 3.3 shocks. I am running 37” Goodyear Mgr at 29psi and love the ride. I have the front shocks on 2 and back one 1. The ride at first was too stuff now with the shocks set where I like them the ride is extremely smooth almost factory. Even my wife says the ride is better then stick even at 75 on the freeway.

Jeep Gladiator New Clayton 2.5" Kit! IMG_0733

Jeep Gladiator New Clayton 2.5" Kit! IMG_0733
One day I will have this. When I open my axels I will re-gear while doing lockers

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Yes the 2.5" is WAY underrated. I thought for sure they'd sent the 3.5" kit but nope.
100% this. If I had bought this as a 4" lift I would have of expected these results. This has certainly exceeded my expectations.

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
Falcon 3.3 shocks. I have the front shocks on 2 and back one 1.
Do you have the shaft twist set to "Performance" or "Soft"? I also have the same shocks but not installed yet. Everything I read about Falcons points towards the stiff side and I read the "Soft" shaft setting reduces compression by another 25%. Seems like I might start with everything in plush mode and slowly work my way up.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
We're happy to see everybody is getting great results out of these kits! The way we design the coils and the height of our kits is based off of the rear measurement of the vehicle, and we always want to give you guys about an extra half an inch or slightly more depending on the vehicle, to help compensate for gas tank weight, any heavy accessories, load capacity etc. We also have to take into account that springs tend to settle some, and we never want our customers to be left with less than what they paid for! The front end of the vehicle is also lifted slightly higher, sometimes by a whole inch or so, in order to remove some of the factory rake. All measurements are taken on and with Rubicon models in mind, so Sport/Sahara model vehicles will always see a little bit more as well! Hope this helps to explain why some of you are seeing that little bit of extra height, not that that's ever a bad thing of course :rock:

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We're happy to see everybody is getting great results out of these kits! The way we design the coils and the height of our kits is based off of the rear measurement of the vehicle, and we always want to give you guys about an extra half an inch or slightly more depending on the vehicle, to help compensate for gas tank weight, any heavy accessories, load capacity etc. We also have to take into account that springs tend to settle some, and we never want our customers to be left with less than what they paid for! The front end of the vehicle is also lifted slightly higher, sometimes by a whole inch or so, in order to remove some of the factory rake. All measurements are taken on and with Rubicon models in mind, so Sport/Sahara model vehicles will always see a little bit more as well! Hope this helps to explain why some of you are seeing that little bit of extra height, not that that's ever a bad thing of course :rock:
And that is pretty much exactly what I got.. I am extremely pleased with the lift. The shop I had install it couldn't rave enough about the arms as well & how beefy they were.

Sponsored

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
And that is pretty much exactly what I got.. I am extremely pleased with the lift. The shop I had install it couldn't rave enough about the arms as well & how beefy they were.
Happy to hear! Can't wait to see more pictures :like:

Seanrobsar

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiador
Vehicle Showcase
Well I jumped on the bandwagon. Ordered mine on Monday and got shipping details today. From everyone's input, I should do well with this kit. I'll post pictures when I get everything installed. Even though its gonna be a few weeks, I can't wait! Going to Lassen in September.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm 6'2. With this lift and 35s the running boards sits at my knee

Jeep Gladiator New Clayton 2.5" Kit! IMG_20200731_165915
First thing I (6'3") noticed when I picked up my truck after the lift was installed is that it was taller then me. The top of the hard top is now about 6'5" total height.
Sponsored