Things I don’t like about my new Gladiator

AzRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THREE Gladiators, and a JL Wrangler
Maybe Im doing it wrong.... but I hate when I have the 8.4" on the radio screen... get a phone call, it switches to telephone, and when I finish and hang up, it doesn't go back to the radio screen. I have to switch it back every time.

OH.... and some of the stuff everyone else has already written before me.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe Im doing it wrong.... but I hate when I have the 8.4" on the radio screen... get a phone call, it switches to telephone, and when I finish and hang up, it doesn't go back to the radio screen. I have to switch it back every time.

Mine does that too! I hate that crap! And to top it off, it doesn't even go to your recent calls, it automatically goes to your "favorites" list... WTF?

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Would be nice to have a larger gas tank to be able to go further between fill ups since the gas mileage isn't stellar. For the price there should have been more things that were standard like premium sound, Aux Switches, heated seats, LED lights, etc. These are things that really every model should have had them standard for the price being paid

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
Would be nice to have a larger gas tank to be able to go further between fill ups since the gas mileage isn't stellar. For the price there should have been more things that were standard like premium sound, Aux Switches, heated seats, LED lights, etc. These are things that really every model should have had them standard for the price being paid
I don't want to sound like I'm defending jeeps pricing too much, but I do wonder how much more it costs them to make a vehicle like this over other similarly sized trucks. It can't be cheap to include solid front axles, beefy suspension components, removable top/roll cage, etc. I think it's hard to compare this truck to a Tacoma and say, they're similar in price, my jeep should have these things standard like that truck. I get that it's priced premium, but gotta pay for the features this truck has that no others do.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't want to sound like I'm defending jeeps pricing too much, but I do wonder how much more it costs them to make a vehicle like this over other similarly sized trucks. It can't be cheap to include solid front axles, beefy suspension components, removable top/roll cage, etc. I think it's hard to compare this truck to a Tacoma and say, they're similar in price, my jeep should have these things standard like that truck. I get that it's priced premium, but gotta pay for the features this truck has that no others do.
I get that there are special features that is why I traded in my 3 year old loaded Ram for it due to the specialty of the truck and I full well knew how they were pricing things before I purchased. But come on for the price Aux Switches, LED lights and some decent sound system should just be standard.

Sponsored

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enginerd
I get that there are special features that is why I traded in my 3 year old loaded Ram for it due to the specialty of the truck and I full well knew how they were pricing things before I purchased. But come on for the price Aux Switches, LED lights and some decent sound system should just be standard.
At least they price these options reasonably. $300 for the aux switches factory installed isn't too terrible. $1k for all high quality LED lighting isn't terrible either. There are some people who don't want or need these things, so I can appreciate them giving the customers the option to choose. I 100% think the base 5" radio is a joke, but again, some people highly prefer the basic options that have less tech in them to reduce the chances of costly repair/replacement later. But, my opinions on the matter, I can understand your stance as well. I'm just glad they built them and I have one in my garage :rock:

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At least they price these options reasonably. $300 for the aux switches factory installed isn't too terrible. $1k for all high quality LED lighting isn't terrible either. There are some people who don't want or need these things, so I can appreciate them giving the customers the option to choose. I 100% think the base 5" radio is a joke, but again, some people highly prefer the basic options that have less tech in them to reduce the chances of costly repair/replacement later. But, my opinions on the matter, I can understand your stance as well. I'm just glad they built them and I have one in my garage :rock:
Yep it was difficult waiting a year and I am just making the changes to mine as I see it needs them. Only thing I really just wish it had was a larger gas tank (LOL). I got used to that in the Ram truck and miss the ability to go many miles without stopping to fill up

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep it was difficult waiting a year and I am just making the changes to mine as I see it needs them. Only thing I really just wish it had was a larger gas tank (LOL). I got used to that in the Ram truck and miss the ability to go many miles without stopping to fill up. Everything else is just talking points. I don't miss the big truck at all nor all the luxury features it had in it. This weekend I am swapping out my hard top for my soft top and then things should get even more fun.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enginerd
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares
It's nothing that's wrong with the vehicle, it's just a feature that would make sense for jeep to program into the head unit. Why would they contact JeepCares about it?
#YourRoboResponseIsShowing

Sponsored

EgulAye

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ5, 1987 YJ, 2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
anyone else feel the stereo speaker vibrating the steering wheel? (and no, I do not jam it that loud) When it is up to 1920 is, I can feel it annoyingly vibrate I like to turn it up once in a while and expect something, but not at normal most of the time levels.
Add Auto Park to my list of dislikes. I pretty much hate this safety feature, as a contractor Im in and out of this truck multiple times and many of those times its only to move the truck a few feet. Having to shut the door or plug in the seatbelt sucks when doing this..
rk...but you really weren't...you were in NEUTRAL
The vibration in the steering wheel from the stereo doesn't bother me, but it did surprise me the first couple of times I noticed it. I thought there was something wrong with the Jeep.

Auto Park is top of my list of annoyances. I don't like anything about it. I'm looking at ways to disable it now.

The auto start / stop feature is a new one for me. I've been mostly leaving it enabled but at times it's annoying. I live in a mostly rural area and occasionally a stop sign requires a few extra seconds of waiting. Shutting the engine off at these times would not be my preference. I think I'd like this feature more if it remembered the last state when starting instead of defaulting to on each time.

Having lights come on when you unlock or lock doors, requiring the brake pedal to be pressed when starting, etc, are all annoyances if you're at the drive in movies. I haven't looked for a way to disable all of these yet, but I know it's going to come up. Nobody wants my LED tail lights in their face in the middle of a movie...

Jar Jar Insano

First Name
Jarek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Grand Cherokee
That's what I assume. And cooled seats require ventilation holes which could be a problem in the rain.
a bit late to the party but heated seats are an option and present the same issue.
It's nothing that's wrong with the vehicle, it's just a feature that would make sense for jeep to program into the head unit. Why would they contact JeepCares about it?
#YourRoboResponseIsShowing
there's not even programming changes required, just copy the code from the grand cherokee. Never had this issue in mine. Hopefully this gets fixed for 2021 model year.

Also on my wish list - brake controller, cooled seats, v6 plug in hybrid so I can commute gasless along with a lager gas tank for when I'm towing. I know it sounds silly, but this is what I would want.

msoto333

First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Trans Manager
I agree with the cooled seats. It should at the least be an option. I figured the overland model would have them standard. Jeep is being cheap
Cooled seats??? Are you kidding me? I live in humid and hot Florida so summer time is brutal! I still love my Gladiator.

msoto333

First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Trans Manager
Here's a few of my thoughts...keep in mind, I'm a first-time Jeep owner so a few of these things were just unknown/unexpected. NONE of these items are a big deal, but I had been writing down a list of quirks that I expected to share on a thread popping up like this!
  • No power seats (I know, I know ;)) >>> I understand why, I just assumed they were available but having never really been in a Jeep before, I didn't know they weren't standard! I actually like that they're manual now that I've had a chance to get comfortable in it.
  • Satellite connectivity issues >>> I've had XM/Sirius radio in 3 vehicles now and for whatever reason, if I'm driving in an area of trees/foliage/hills, the stations cut out (I'm guessing it's due to there not being a 'sharkfin' style antenna that both of my other vehicles had). My other cars had coverage 99.9% of the time on all of these same roads I'm experiencing these new cut-outs and I'd say I have a few quick disruptions every time I drive to/from work (which is a 12-minute commute) to the point where I've said "WTF is going on with this connection?"
  • ESS is annoying >>> I attempt to make the ESS disable button the second button I push right after "Push to Start" - If I had the option, I'd purchase some aftermarket system that bypasses this button because it's definitely not something I've ever wanted/asked for.
  • The antenna seems like a very cheap afterthought
Really? get a Ronin .50 cal antenna!

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
YES!
1!!
1!!!
1!!!!
I could overlook ALL of the others if the steering was safe!!
With my skinny 245/75R17 tires, I have no problems with flighty steering, it seems very locked into the road. Maybe it's the bigger heavier tires, or a steering box that needs adjustment.
Sponsored