Progress of building and delivering the Eco-Diesel

timo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Diesel
I took it on a trip from Ohio to the UP of Michigan last month. Was an 11 1/2 hour trip to get to Copper Harbor. The speed limit in parts of Michigan is 80 mph and this thing just ate it up. The entire trip was comfortable, and even running 90 at times, I averaged 23 mpg on the round trip (1400 miles). Did some wheeling while I was up there and low speed over obstacles was effortless. It’s really a great little engine. I had a ZR2 with the duramax 2.8 diesel in it and this thing is 10 times the engine.
Angrynewyorker - I'd love to hear a little more about your opinion of the diesel in your wrangler vs your experience with your previous 2.8 duramax. Sound like you love the 3.0, which is great since I have one on order, too.
Thanks, Tim
Sponsored

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Diesel
Angrynewyorker - I'd love to hear a little more about your opinion of the diesel in your wrangler vs your experience with your previous 2.8 duramax. Sound like you love the 3.0, which is great since I have one on order, too.
Thanks, Tim
Here is the best comparison I can give you. I had a Raptor with the 3.5 twin turbo ecoboost right before I got my Rubicon diesel. Now my Rubicon is no where near as quick as that Raptor was, but it feels as quick because of the torque. As soon as u step on it, it just goes, and it keeps pulling hard right through the rev range. In comparison to the ZR2, the ZR2 would get up and go quick, but once up to speed it would run out of steam. Passing on the highway over 70 was not an easy task, and even passing on a 2 lane over 55 took a lot of real estate. In the Jeep the power is just always there at any speed. It really is a great engine/tranny combo. I took it off road last month and again, the torque just pulls you over obstacles with no effort at all. If you like the clatter of the diesel (which I love), then you’ll appreciate it at low speeds when taking off, or at an idle if you are outside the vehicle. Once you get up to speed you cannot hear it as all the other noise drowns it out, but if you like the clatter of the diesel then you will appreciate this little engine.

Gladiator_92

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport EcoDiesel
Occupation
Project Management
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Everyone, new to this thread. I'm based in NJ and placed an order for a 2021 Gladiator Eco Diesel Sport in Sting Gray on 8/21/20. The truck was built on 9/15/20 and has been moved to a storage area for "inspection" but my dealer said that it is more than likely for them to install the bedliner. Apparently the bedliner and other accessories, such as certain decals or grab handles, etc. are not done on the assembly line. The current status of my order was also confirmed via jeep chat. Ill reach out again Monday night and see if there are any other updates.

Stevevdbh

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Manager
Hi Everyone, new to this thread. I'm based in NJ and placed an order for a 2021 Gladiator Eco Diesel Sport in Sting Gray on 8/21/20. The truck was built on 9/15/20 and has been moved to a storage area for "inspection" but my dealer said that it is more than likely for them to install the bedliner. Apparently the bedliner and other accessories, such as certain decals or grab handles, etc. are not done on the assembly line. The current status of my order was also confirmed via jeep chat. Ill reach out again Monday night and see if there are any other updates.
Wow that seems fast and bet you cant wait. I hope my gets built that fast too., Ordered a few weeks ago.

Gladiator_92

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport EcoDiesel
Occupation
Project Management
Vehicle Showcase
Wow that seems fast and bet you cant wait. I hope my gets built that fast too., Ordered a few weeks ago.
Yes, I am dying to get this thing. Sold my JK back in July and have been sharing my wife's car. I havent been jeepless in 10+ years!

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Welcome. I’m waiting for a diesel myself. No ETA yet I’m hearing it’s because I ordered the brake controller

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Diesel
LOL I am Jeepless as well. Sold by JL a few weeks ago. Haha
Seems like all the built orders are stuck in JS. Maybe they are doing some additional inspections on these diesels before released to shipping. Mine has been built since the 14th. Been in JS since last Tuesday.

OP
OP
WMWHV

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
Seems like all the built orders are stuck in JS. Maybe they are doing some additional inspections on these diesels before released to shipping. Mine has been built since the 14th. Been in JS since last Tuesday.
Maybe it is like the early mild hybrid Wranglers. Put 'em in the lot for two weeks. If they don't burn up, ship 'em.

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Diesel
Maybe it is like the early mild hybrid Wranglers. Put 'em in the lot for two weeks. If they don't burn up, ship 'em.
It’s just so hard to tell. My diesel JL went from JS to KZ in 3 days and mine was one of the first 20 or so on the JL forum to be delivered. You would think they would have things ironed out BEFORE production started.

Sponsored

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I remember a few years ago when there will hundeds and hundreds of Rams built sitting in the storage and overflow parking lots waiting on the third break light camera. So, it could be something as simple as a part they are waiting for.