Sponsored

Jeep, where's the Gladiator love?

flintlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I love the Gladiator, but wish Jeep would show it the same love they show the Wrangler.

It’s awesome Jeep is putting a Hemi in a Wrangler, but no mention of a Gladiator 392 was a big let down. Same with the Wrangler 4xE announcement.

The Bronco forced Jeep to step up it’s Wrangler game, but why not go on the offensive against the Tacomas, Rangers, and Colorados too? Announce the Gladiator 392, the Gladiator 4xE and take even more of my money.

Please Jeep, even a teaser or “We got you” would do!

P.S. I do acknowledge the Gladiator diesel is a win, but the Wrangler gets the 3.6, 2.0, Diesel, 4xE and 392. And the Ram TRX is an absolute beast, but IMHO, a different truck segment all together.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Patience, Grasshoppah...
Exactly. FCA is going to release Wrangler information slowly over the next 6 months to try to divert attention away from the Bronco. Same thing will happen when the Bronco truck gets closer to release...it will be announced the JT will get V8 grunt. :jk:

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Would think that would only be something feasible for perhaps half the jeep gladiator population. The other half probably couldn't afford it me being one of them but guess only way to tell for sure is to put them on the market. I suppose the used market will get a good flood of used Jeep Gladiators at that time (LOL). You probably pull in some that are on the fence.

Sponsored

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Just remember the Gladiator Mojave got the hood, seats, steering wheel and more importantly the frame first, all things that have made there way into the new Wrangler 392. They aren’t going to over shadow the Wrangler 392 by announcing the Gladiator yet. Same with the EcoDiesel. Give it a year after launch and I’m sure we will get one. They’ve set up all the parts they need to make it happen, we know they can do it, and they will. Probably the reason you can’t order an EcoDiesel in the Mojave as well.

hobbsserv

First Name
K Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon white
Occupation
Business Owner
You know how you hold up your finger and thumb to the guy who bought a Charger or a Challenger with a V6 in it? That'll be us in a couple years. 🤦‍♂️

Lifes2Short4BS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500, ‘14 cherokee
Occupation
Electrician
I want a Mojave 4Xe or ecodiesel.... but I might just buy the V6 and supercharge it.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Frankly after wheeling with Tacomas and 4 Runners that were pretty modded in my Sport S with 33s, the Jeep is way ahead of those vehicles. I cruised through places they got stuck and I'm not Johnny Offroad. I just picked good lines and went for it. It was cool to see the IFS trucks send it with wheels in the air and dirt flying.... But I like low and slow...lots of control.

I love the Gladiator, but wish Jeep would show it the same love they show the Wrangler.

It’s awesome Jeep is putting a Hemi in a Wrangler, but no mention of a Gladiator 392 was a big let down. Same with the Wrangler 4xE announcement.

The Bronco forced Jeep to step up it’s Wrangler game, but why not go on the offensive against the Tacomas, Rangers, and Colorados too? Announce the Gladiator 392, the Gladiator 4xE and take even more of my money.

Please Jeep, even a teaser or “We got you” would do!

P.S. I do acknowledge the Gladiator diesel is a win, but the Wrangler gets the 3.6, 2.0, Diesel, 4xE and 392. And the Ram TRX is an absolute beast, but IMHO, a different truck segment all together.

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Frankly after wheeling with Tacomas and 4 Runners that were pretty modded in my Sport S with 33s, the Jeep is way ahead of those vehicles. I cruised through places they got stuck and I'm not Johnny Offroad. I just picked good lines and went for it. It was cool to see the IFS trucks send it with wheels in the air and dirt flying.... But I like low and slow...lots of control.
Same story here. I got razzed (friendly, of course) when I pulled up in a Jeep after the Tacoma for so long but at camp they were voicing their surprise because I rolled through the "tough" parts that are generally where I'd cross up my Tacoma.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I could personally see FCA holding off for a while putting the Hemi in the gladiator. It just wouldn't make much sense if it got worse payload and towing after putting in an engine like that. My guess is they would beef things up some before to at least be able to match the current rubicon numbers if not try to exceed them.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Yup....comment was "I don't care if I wreck my truck...I'll just get a Gladiator faster."
People were impressed. Even the guy in the lifted Jeep with 35s. He thought I had a rear locker.
I didn't do the Rubicon, but I did a trail that would be considered Moderate with some harder obstacles. I think if I disconnected my sway bar, I would have made it easier. I know I watched Tacomas get stuck and have spotters. Lots of backing up and repositioning. My coms guy and I just talked about solid lines and executed. One shot one kill. See Video for reference. I did not have to back up. Literally drove through it all with zero issues and zero wheel spin. I was at 20PSI.

I had my doubts....expensive truck. But the truck shocked me every single time with the ease. My biggest complaint was the lack of power at 9,500 feet. Once the warranty is up i'd like a supercharger. I can honestly say I was very surprised at how capable this thing is and with front disconnected, it would be amazing.

Same story here. I got razzed (friendly, of course) when I pulled up in a Jeep after the Tacoma for so long but at camp they were voicing their surprise because I rolled through the "tough" parts that are generally where I'd cross up my Tacoma.

Attachments

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
I hope I'm wrong, but with the changes in Washington the EPA may rain on our V8 parade before it gets going. The 5.4 will be a big hit in the fuel average.

Deleted member 30519

I hope I'm wrong, but with the changes in Washington the EPA may rain on our V8 parade before it gets going. The 5.4 will be a big hit in the fuel average.
I was thinking the same thing.
Sponsored