Sponsored

Gladiator Lemons?

SnazGlad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Ok, so push off or pull me back from the Gladiator issues and lemons ledge.

I started a lemon law buyback last June regarding my Ram truck. 45 plus business days in the shop, many attempts/redesigns during attempted fixes to no avail. It is going back under buyback/lemon law. I just heard yesterday, that it could still be another 3 months before they actually set a turn in date. All the paperwork etc is in the hands of FCA lawyers, bean counters.

I've had many Wranglers new and used over the years. Hard tops leaking, not leaking etc. Whatever. The steering issues. Yep, it'd be a November 20 on build so it will have the new box, so not a big deal...I hope. HOWEVER, all these Gladiator check engine lights, idle issue etc lingering on and on. Good grief.

As one who has had many vehicles over the years, but is going through this lemon law thing for the first time, it sure makes one go into OCD mode researching every vehicle. And, put in any make or brand and you'll find complaints and issues. I know that.

Meanwhile, I've got a Gladiator on order and am constantly reading/worrying about all these check engine lights, other Gladiator issues and losing sleep that I may get another turd. As, If you've been through this lemon law process, may you never again. If you haven't, may you never.

Even though I'm a 20 plus year customer of Ram and Jeep, corporate doesn't care. I even asked if corporate would extend some sort of olive branch, customer retention, say 500 off coupon over what price I negotiate with the dealer if I stayed with the brand. NOPE! Go to VW or Subaru if you want a company that makes an attempt at customer retention during a lemon law case I've been told. This further is pushing me away from FCA.

I'm not obligated to my Gladiator order when it comes in. And, yet today I see another post pop up about another FCA buyback of a Gladiator.

So, again, keep me on the ledge or push me off of it already regarding these CEL, rough idle and other Gladiator issues. Thanks.
Sponsored

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I think the odds of anyone getting a lemon are extremely low, and getting 2 in a row would just be terrible luck. As a slight consolation, at least you would be familiar with the process!

The one thing that seemed to be an actual crapshoot was the steering gear and how loose it would be on any particular truck. They seemed to have cleared that up, and while we haven't had enough time for people to find new issues with the 2021s, Jeep seems to have fixed the only thing anyone really needed to worry about.

As a bad analogy, I think of it like swimming in the ocean. I've done it my entire life and I've never been bitten by a shark. That being said if I spend an afternoon watching Jaws then I'm going to be looking over my shoulder the entire time. If you've survived a shark attack, you probably feel a bit differently. At least with a lemon you don't actually lose an arm and a leg.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I've had over 7000 miles of positive experiences and there are others with more miles than I. Customer service is important when having problems. I'm happy with my dealership but if I wasn't, is try and find another one.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Like you said all car models have issues. You either want Gladiator or you don't. Life is short stop worrying so much about things that have not even happened yet. Stop worrying about things not in your control.

Get your Gladiator and enjoy the heck out of it. If you are one of the very small precent that get one with issues deal with them as they come.

I'm sitting at 25K miles with zero issues to report.

Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
They're making tens of thousands of these things, and we're usually only gonna hear about the few that give real problems. Mine runs perfectly.
Same here. SnazGlad, pulling you back.

OP
OP
SnazGlad

SnazGlad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I've had over 7000 miles of positive experiences and there are others with more miles than I. Customer service is important when having problems. I'm happy with my dealership but if I wasn't, is try and find another one.
The dealership customer service, the service advisor and dealer techs are all fine. It's FCA corporate that are the F U, we take our time, don't care about customer retention that are an additional huge thorn in the side when dealing with an FCA lemon. Good to hear you're at 7k with no issues.

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
A lot of folks on here treat FCA as the enemy and that they have atrocious policies and exchanges. 95% of the problems listed come from a one sided opinion and give new people bad taste that FCA is evil. I have had nothing but good experiences even on recalled items and have been a loyal customer since 1987 (yikes). recalled parts and buybacks are not uncommon and have to be treated as such. A lot of negativity will turn potential owners away. Constructive criticism and 2 sides to the story go a long way.

Long live FCA and loyal customers

Bruce

s35keith

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Firefighter
My first jeep 2020 Gladiator. 6000 miles in and I'm Still waiting on parts for the steering wander, leaking rear window, and yesterday I had the dreaded death wobble. Not what I wanted to deal with in a brand new vehicle. For whatever ita worth.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
A lot of folks on here treat FCA as the enemy and that they have atrocious policies and exchanges. 95% of the problems listed come from a one sided opinion and give new people bad taste that FCA is evil. I have had nothing but good experiences even on recalled items and have been a loyal customer since 1987 (yikes). recalled parts and buybacks are not uncommon and have to be treated as such. A lot of negativity will turn potential owners away. Constructive criticism and 2 sides to the story go a long way.
Well said.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SnazGlad

SnazGlad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator

Long live FCA and loyal customers

Bruce
I understand all that. Been loyal to the brand back to the mid 90's. In the case of my Ram, it's a really dangerous situation revolving around trying to put gas in the truck, fuel nozzles at every gas station sticking to the truck for a good 20 to 30 minutes each fill up, gas spraying out backwards from the capless system etc. So, 7 months into this battle with FCA and hearing from them to just drive the truck makes even the most loyal customer leery and put off. Drive it? I can't put fuel in it without getting fuel all over myself!

If it was a clunk in the trans, a dash screen not working etc...again, whatever, it will get resolved. When it comes to a hazardous situation like fuel flying all over you or the truck on each fill up. FCA corporate needs to get it in gear and be concerned both for their brand and customer.

It's because of my long history with Ram and Jeep that, while many others would never buy from them again, I still am trying to hang in there with FCA. Corporate sure makes you want to say F U back to them too however.

I had a 13 Wrangler, that was the year they had sand or some material in the molds that messed up engines. Ok, just get it fixed. And, Rams that have needed a trans or this or that under warranty. Fine.

But, to read about all these check engine lights and rough idles on the Gladiators, them getting new engines, the CEL back on after that....in addition to already dealing with corporate for 7 months over a Ram lemon gives great pause.

Signed,

"Up here on the ledge yet hoping to stay a loyal Jeep guy."

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I'm at 15,500 miles and not had one issue out of mine. It actually is driving and riding better the more miles I put on it. I got zero complaints other than the continuous smile that stays on my face while driving. Makes people think I'm up to something.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Lemons? PXL_20200913_173326147

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Everyone has a bad apple here and there. I got one of the first Overlands in July 2019. No issues. No steering box issue. The few with issues will scream louder than all the others with no issues. Those on this forum represent a small fraction of JT owners.
And I have taken mine off-roading out quite a bit. My buddy bought a Rubicon a couple weeks after me and he's not on the forum and hasnt had any issues. WE are always out together!

bowl1.jpg

Rubi.jpg

Follow the leader.jpg

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
BTW, I had my share of Chrysler products. Wife is on her 5th Jeep, I'm on my second and 2 Dakotas, A Ram 1500 and a Caravan way back. Did have a buyback on my first Dakota and they treated me well. Wont talk about the Gen 3 Tacoma that made me but this JT!!!!