First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2017 GCTH (Hemi), 2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Health IT
UConnect 5 is supposed to begin rollout, beginning with the Pacifica in 2021. This allows full integration without physically connecting to the media port.
Sponsored

RidinDirty

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
While that could be true, my resources at FCA have said it won’t happen because they can’t get the truck to pass crash testing as the reason.
That makes no sense. The JL flips on its side on a dime and they got a 392 to go.

DLAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Nissan Pathfinder, '08 Honda Civic, '12 Honda CR-V, '16 Honda Odyssey, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Predicting the future
Crazy..... I think the current U connect is awesome. Way ahead of the interface Ford currently uses. Who's system have you seen that is superior?
I elaborated on this later in the thread. The user interface INSIDE the Jeep is great. That's not what I'm referring to.
Me and many others are in a battle with FCA over all the features where "you" can "connect" with the Jeep, outside the Jeep. Smart phone app, mopar.com, and smart home assistants.
Sorry for the confusion.

WaterDR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
That makes no sense. The JL flips on its side on a dime and they got a 392 to go.
Doesn’t matter if it makes sense or not. It can’t past the standard tests with it. FCA is a client.

WaterDR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
I elaborated on this later in the thread. The user interface INSIDE the Jeep is great. That's not what I'm referring to.
Me and many others are in a battle with FCA over all the features where "you" can "connect" with the Jeep, outside the Jeep. Smart phone app, mopar.com, and smart home assistants.
Sorry for the confusion.
Don’t take this the wrong way...but you bought a wrangler. And your gripe is you can’t ask Alexa what the fuel level is? OMG. Please buy something else. Or stop wasting your time on silly crap.

Sponsored

WaterDR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
According to my source, the added weight of the JT in combination with the V8, there is an issuer with the crumple zone in the front of the vehicle. As it stands, it doesn’t meet standards either for jeep or the fed. Not sure which.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
According to my source, the added weight of the JT in combination with the V8, there is an issuer with the crumple zone in the front of the vehicle. As it stands, it doesn’t meet standards either for jeep or the fed. Not sure which.
I’m not buying it. The front of a JT is exactly the same as the JL other than the opening size of the slots in the grill. The rear suspension has components from the RAM, so I don’t believe there is a weight issue either.

My source says if the 392 Wrangler sells well, there will be a Gladiator version. Probably 2022/3.

BTW, my source is my arse.

OP
OP

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Thoughts on jeep adding paddle shifters to the steering wheel on the other engine options? I’d love to have the 392 steering wheel.

DLAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Nissan Pathfinder, '08 Honda Civic, '12 Honda CR-V, '16 Honda Odyssey, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Predicting the future
Don’t take this the wrong way...but you bought a wrangler. And your gripe is you can’t ask Alexa what the fuel level is? OMG. Please buy something else. Or stop wasting your time on silly crap.
The gripe is specifically about Jeep selling features that have been around for years and continue to not work. In other words, ongoing tech issues for YEARS. Your opinion about whether or not these features fit what you think a Wrangler should be is another topic entirely that I could NOT care any less about.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I don't know anything about being able to connect with Alexa but the Uconnect system in my Ram sucked in much the way he is referring. It worked great in the truck but trying to get it do anything it was supposed to do and I was paying for outside the truck never worked regardless what they did to it. Trying to start it or unlock it, etc from the phone was a complete waste of time. After 6 months I told them just refund my money. So I had this fancy system that was supposed to integrate with my phone and it was a complete dud. I didn't even bother with the JT. Went with the 7" low tech option (LOL). Eventually I will upgrade to a Stinger system or other

Sponsored

Jeffro22

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
HVAC Tech
Heard they're going back to the aluminum steering gear. Something about trying to free up some much needed inventory...sarcasm.

Undecided

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S w/ Max Tow!
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Is there a “normal” time they announce new colors? I really want an orange back. Curious if the Cherokee Spit Fire color is coming , though it’s no Punk’n.

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
I contacted Jeep a few years ago and asked about a 392 in a Wrangler(yes it was the JL) and I got the same answer, issue with crumple zone in front of vehicle, fast forward and the 392 wrangler is being released. In my opinion the only thing that keeps the 392 out of the Gladiator is if sales suck on the wrangler. They are not putting it in this year because it would be a bad business move 2022-2023 they offer it they will get a lot of guy's trading in their current gladiator to get the 392. It's a win win for them they gain more new car business and dealers get used car buisness.

WaterDR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
I contacted Jeep a few years ago and asked about a 392 in a Wrangler(yes it was the JL) and I got the same answer, issue with crumple zone in front of vehicle, fast forward and the 392 wrangler is being released. In my opinion the only thing that keeps the 392 out of the Gladiator is if sales suck on the wrangler. They are not putting it in this year because it would be a bad business move 2022-2023 they offer it they will get a lot of guy's trading in their current gladiator to get the 392. It's a win win for them they gain more new car business and dealers get used car buisness.
Other than the fact that the JT weighs More.